Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

I Like Her

“So Eva’s nice.” Mitch said pulling Bailey into his arms. They were lying in his bed a day after Eva had gone home.
“That she is. It’s why she’s my best friend.” Bailey smiled pulling her legs up to her chest.
“You know to be honest I always thought that Tilly was your best friend. Her and Lance. But seeing you with Eva it obvious you trust her most of all.” Mitch said rubbing her bare back soothingly.
“Yeah she’s great.” Bailey sighed burying her head in Mitch’s chest.
“She’s worried that I have kids isn’t she?” Mitch asked after a few minutes of silence.
“No.” Bailey said unconvincingly.
“Bailey come on, you know I can tell when you’re lying don’t you?” Mitch smirked. “She has every right to be concerned. After all you’re only a teenager and I have two young kids that are getting attached to you very quickly.”
“Yeah that was pretty much her reasoning.” Bailey grimaced. After they had left Mitch’s Bailey and Eva had gone for a walk down the beach. Bailey had told her everything. About Max and Chelsea, how she’d never met their mother and didn’t want to, her worries of the kids getting too attached to her and then something happening between her and Mitch. Everything.
“Did she give you any advice?” Mitch asked.
“Yeah.” Bailey said. Eva had given her advice, well not really advice but more of an opinion.
“And what was that?” Mitch asked.
“She said to see where it goes.” Bailey smiled. It wasn’t a lie but it wasn’t the whole truth either. Eva had told her to see where it went but only after she had warned Bailey again about the dangers of getting involved with a father, especially with her being so young. Bailey knew Eva wasn’t thrilled about the relationship but she loved her too much to say anything. She was just looking out for her and didn’t want to see her get hurt.
“And that makes me like her even more.” Mitch said kissing her softly.

They were awoken by a loud knocking coming from the front door. Bailey shot up and pulled the blanket up over her naked body. Mitch didn’t stir and let out a small snore when she poked him in the side.
“Mitch.” She whispered. “Mitch, there’s someone at the door.” Still he didn’t get up. Bailey groaned in annoyance and quickly got dressed while the knocking continued. She ran to the door and pulled it open to find a stranger she’d never seen before.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry this is so short guys. I've only just got things back into my own organised chaos :)