Enchanted

five

Tyler’s family were coming into town for his first game in the TD Garden. Tyler couldn’t contain his excitement that his whole family was here, especially his mom, Tyler’s was a mamas boy. The only sad thing was that his girlfriend couldn’t make it out to see them. She was going to college so he didn’t want her to miss out on any classes.

“This is trainer’s room, and that is big cry baby Taylor.” Tyler said showing his parents the training room. It was still early so the only people in here was Taylor and the trainer. She was doing her PT, which meant they took her leg and bent it so her heel touched her thigh. It may seem easy but after you had surgery on your ACL it’s not the easiest thing to do, actually its the hardest.

“Who cried while we were watching Titanic huh?” Taylor asked smirking at Tyler’s shocked face. One night her and Tyler were watching a movie and just so happen it was Titanic. When Rose had to let go of Jack’s hand, Taylor could feel the tears starting to come down. As she turned to face Tyler she noticed that his eyes were a little watery. Right then and there she promised him she wouldn’t say anything.

“There was something in my eyes, I already told you. Mom, dad, Lizzie and Mr. Monteith this is Taylor Gerard.” Tyler said introducing his mom, dad, sister and his fifth grade teacher. Mr. Monteith has been following Tyler his entire career since the fifth grade. Tyler’s parents insisted on Taylor calling them Paul and Jackie instead of Mr. and Mrs. Seguin.

“Give me like 2 minutes.” Taylor said after Tyler offered her to join them on the tour. Taylor knew this place better than anyone else so he figured his parents would want to tour from Taylor. Plus Tyler enjoyed hanging out with her so it was like hitting two birds with one stone. Taylor felt trainer bend her leg back causing her to hiss in pain and bit down on the towel in her mouth.

Tyler couldn’t stand watching Taylor in any pain. So he turned away closing his eyes, even after watching Taylor for weeks in PT he still couldn’t stand it. His parents turned to their son in surprise. They knew that Tyler didn’t injuries but he’s never acted like this before. Jackie thought it was cute that her son was acting like this.

“Ready?” Tyler asked holding out his hand for Taylor to grab. After therapy walking was always something that took her awhile. So she always would hold on to someone for awhile until walking became less painful. Halfway through the tour Tyler offered Taylor a piggie back ride to ease up on her knee.

The tour was fun as Lizzie and Taylor picked and teased Tyler. The main things that they teased him about was his ears. It was the same jokes Tyler got as a kid but this time when Taylor teased him, he didn’t really mind. By the time the tour was over everyone had a good laugh. “I can’t see anything with your ears in the way.”

Tyler’s family sat down in the seats to watch the practice. Taylor joined them watching the guys practice at the TD Garden. Only for the special practices do the guys practice at the garden, it was usually the practice before the first home game. Plus a lot of parents came to watch them play. So in the stands families filled up the seats.

Taylor loved her time with Tyler’s family. It was nice to see such a close knit family much different from her own. Lately Taylor hasn’t seen a lot of sister and mother. They were tied up with their boy toys. Jessica came home late at night half drunk well actually fully drunk. Ms.Gerard was having fun pretending to be rich with her boyfriend. Shane was a nice guy but it seemed like all he cared about was sports. But she really liked him and he was really really cute.

“Ah!” Echoed through out the entire rink as Sydney was running down the stairs. Everyone stopped what they were doing and watched her basically run down those stairs flinging her arms around trying not to fall. She had miss stepped and soon found herself running trying not to fall. But this was typical klutzy Sydney everyone knew and loved. Even when she seemed to fall at the wrong times.

“Oww.” Sydney said rubbering her nose as she walked back up the stairs to Taylor was sitting. The snickering from the guys couldn’t stop and the laughter from the stands had died down a little. Taylor and Sydney have been friends for since forever, Sydney was the only one outside of the team who knew about her messed up family.

After practice the guys headed home to get their pre game nap. Today was going to be the first home game and then the next night was going to be the dinner at Bobby Orr’s house. It was a tradition that everyone embraced. In the elevator it was Taylor, Sydney, Tyler and his family. Tyler said he wasn’t to sure he wanted to go to the dinner being the new guy and all.

“You have too, I’m going to be the only one not 21 so while everyone is drinking and getting drunk; I’m going to be drinking my so---pop.” Taylor said halfway through the word soda. Tyler just smirked at her noticing that she corrected herself to say pop. Even though it annoyed her that he called it pop, he liked it that she corrected herself. Taylor even pulled out the pouty lip and puppy dog eyes.

“I better see you there, Seguin.” Taylor said as she hobbled out of the elevator. It probably would have been more scary if she could actually walk properly. His mother was giving him the eye. It wasn’t like ‘your cheating on your girlfriend’ but the look was more like ‘dump your girlfriend, and ask out taylor’.

game night..
“What’s with you and Tyler?” Sydney asked Taylor as she was driving to the TD Garden. Sydney knew all about her and Shane so she was wondering what was going on with Tyler. Since the two hasn’t hung out in awhile Sydney felt a little out of touch with Taylor and her personal life.

“Nothing is going on with me and Tyler. We’re just friends, plus I like Shane.” Taylor said looking out the window. They were driving around the parking lot trying to find parking in the sea of black and yellow jerseys. Taylor always swelled up with pride when she saw people wearing their Bruins jersey. She also swelled up with pride when her guys won games or when they kicked ass during fights.

Sydney couldn’t help roll her eyes at her best friend. Sydney didn’t like Shane one bit and the reason was simply because he was using her. Maybe Taylor couldn’t see it but she could definitely see it. Shane was supposed to be meeting Taylor and Sydney at the front gate which pissed Sydney off even more. She didn’t like this guy and she was gonna show it.

“Shane this is Sydney, Sydney this is Shane.” Taylor said introducing her best friend and the guy she likes. Well she at least thinks she likes Shane, sure it wasn’t compared to how she got butterflies for Tyler but eh why couldn’t she like Shane. As Shane held out his hand to shake it, Sydney looked at it then looked away. Taylor guessed her best friend didn’t like Shane.

“Hey you guys.” Taylor said waving to the family sitting behind her. It was the Seguin family and Tyler’s fifth grade teacher. Taylor thought it was so amazing that this guy who wasn’t family had followed Tyler’s career. Jackie Seguin noticed that the brunette sitting in front of her was wearing a Seguin jersey.

The Bruins ended up losing their season opener home game against the Coyotes. The only Bruin that managed to score was Nathan Horton. Of course the Bruins had a game the next night so the Bobby Orr dinner was pushed back for Monday night. Shane wasn’t to happy that every time Tyler Seguin would get on ice he would notice that Taylor was on the edge of her seat. This guy wasn’t going to ruin Shane’s chances on having a career after he graduated.

Taylor was the only one allowed in the locker room after. Sydney and Shane had to wait outside by the security guard. Another game the two would probably have been let in but it was the fact that they lost the guys were all down. They didn’t want to deal with anyone they didn’t need to, but they would put up with Taylor. They always put up with Taylor.

“See you guys Monday night.” Taylor called out walking out of the locker room. She was tired from cheering and the sadness from the guys just made her that much tired. All Taylor wanted to do was go home and sleep. Sydney understood, Shane didn’t. As Taylor walked over to her friends she saw that Shane was trying to give his card out to the reporters. He didn’t hear her coming but she heard him saying how close he was with Taylor Gerard and all of this crap.

“You were using me weren’t you. You never liked me, you just hanging out with me for your career.” Taylor said as her voice started to rise. This was the wrong time for Shane to get caught, because the Bruins were walking out of the locker room. The only thing that needed to happen was one of the Bruins hear Taylor shouting and the whole team would be on his ass. Milan was the first to hear Taylor’s voice star to crack, called the guys over and stood behind Taylor.

“Come on, I’m almost out of college and the sports journalist industry is getting a little tough. I needed to secure my future.” Shane said knowing what he said was the wrong thing at the wrong time. Next thing he knew the Boston Bruins were holding back Milan Lucic and Shawn Thorton from kicking his ass. Shane started to take some steps back was stopped by the security guard.

Then the next thing surprised Taylor, the Bruins and Tyler himself. He walked over to wear Shane was standing, pulled his arm back and punched him right in the eye. The media had left so this wasn’t going to be on the internet or in any stories. But the faces on everyone was in complete shock. Just as he punched Shane, Tyler’s family had walked down and saw the entire thing. They saw their son stand up for Taylor.

“Don’t you go near her again.” Tyler said as Shane got up and ran away. He was pissed off at the someone could use Taylor like that. He turned back to the guys and Taylor who just was shocked. Taylor was in tears while the guys had smiles forming on their faces. To them the rookie stood up for Taylor and now he wasn’t just a rookie, he was officially one of them.

“Thanks Tyler.” Taylor mumbled into his chest as she was hugging him. Taylor was trying to clam herself down. This was the thing she hated the most was someone using her because it wasn’t the first time. It always the case, they either used her to get close to the Bruins and or get in her sister’s pants. More often than none the guys did end up in her sister’s pants.

The car ride back to the hotel was on the silent side. Tyler knew his parents saw him punch Shane but he wasn’t sure what they would do about it. In the turn around he got out of his car to say good bye to his parents. This was going to be the last time he would see them for a really long time. His mom and sister were crying just as hard as when he left for the first time. “We’re proud of you son.” His father said hugging him. Tyler wasn’t sure what they were proud for; him being in the NHL or him standing up for Taylor. Not really wanting to know he let the subject drop, said his goodbye and left.

Looking down at his phone he noticed that he didn’t get a text or call from his girlfriend but a text from Milan. The text message read ‘nice punch, but we gotta work on actually knocking the guy out instead of just giving him a black eye.’ Tyler couldn’t help but laugh; Milan would be the one to tell him this.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay i got 2 comments! thank you to:
loloutloud
Fallin_For_You
i wanted a big update on this story so here it is(: I really hoped you guys enjoyed it & can I have at least 3 comments on this chapter?