Vampire Heart

Crimson Eyes

Crissy panicked. "Pixie?! Dear God!"

She knelt down beside her unconscious best friend and shook her in an attempt to wake her up. "Pixie! Pixie! PIXIE! Please wake up, Pixie!"

After a few more shakes, Pixie bolted awake. This brought relief to Crissy, and she helped her roommate up on her bed. Pixie leaned against the headboard and breathed heavy sighs. Crissy placed her hand on her best friend's shoulder and tried to calm her down, saying, "It's okay, Pixie. Just relax and tell me what happened."

Once someone on the same floor came over to the open entranceway to ask what all the commotion was about. Crissy reassured them that everything was fine now and closed the door, then went back to Pixie's side.

"Are you calm now?" she asked. "You weren't hurt, were you?"

"I'm calm," Pixie replied. "And no, I wasn't hurt. I just saw something that scared the hell out of me."

"What did you see?"

"I took a back alley as a shortcut," Pixie explained. "When I got to the end of it, I heard a noise and turned around, thinking someone was trying to attack me. I couldn't see it well, but I know I saw a man murder another man. I tried to get a good look at the murderer, but all I saw were his crimson red eyes."

Crissy looked nervous now. "Um, I think we should report this to campus police," she suggested. "I'll call them and have them pick us up and drive us to the office, since it's too dangerous to walk there."

"That sounds like a good idea," agreed Pixie.

Crissy picked up the phone and dialed a number. She waited a few seconds until someone picked up, then spoke, with pauses inbetween her sentences. "Hi, campus police? . . . My roommate just got back to our room not long ago, and the minute she walked in, she passed out. When she woke up, she was in shock. Apparently she's witnessed a murder on campus, and we were wondering if you could send someone to pick us up and drive us to your office so she can report it. . . . Huh? Oh, no, we would walk there, but we're nervous about going anywhere alone at this hour. . . . Okay. . . . Okay, thanks so much! Bye."

She hung the phone up. "They're sending someone. They should be here in ten minutes."

~At the Campus Police Office~

Both girls sat in chairs facing a desk, where a woman in a police uniform was seated, taking down Pixie's answers to her questions as notes. Pixie told the woman everything, how she felt that someone was following her the entire time, how the man with crimson eyes murdered the other man. Crissy would occasionally back her up by answering any questions the woman asked her.

"Now, Pixie," the woman began, "my last question for you is, do you remember any other descriptions of the murderer's appearance?"

"No," Pixie replied. "I could only see his eyes."

The woman wrote something on her pad of paper, then set her pen down. "Well, we'll look into it. If it's a murder, we may have to involve the city police. Do you girls want a ride back to your dorm?"

"That would be greatly appreciated," Crissy said.

The woman stood up and led both girls out to her vehicle. Once fastened in, she drove them back to their dormitory, where they slept soundly after a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one isn't as long as the first chapter, but it adds to the suspense of the story.