Vampire Heart

A Fan is Born

Bright rays of sunshine creeped through the window and penetrated through the sheets covering Pixie's back. Feeling the warmth, she slowly opened her eyes, then shut them after being blinded by the light. She pulled the blanket over her head and groaned.

"Wake your ass up!" came a shout from the other side of the room.

Pixie groaned again, not wanting to get up.

Crissy stood up and walked over to Pixie's bed. She grabbed the blanket and yanked the entire thing off of her best friend, shouting, "Wake your ass up, damn it!"

Groaning, Pixie rubbed her eyes and sat up, her long violet-and-blue-highlighted brown hair in tangles. She yawned and complained, "What do you want? There's no class today! Let me sleep in!"

"You've slept long enough!" exclaimed Crissy. "It's almost one in the afternoon!"

"But we were up all night!" Pixie complained more. "We went to bed at almost three in the morning, for God's sake!"

"And if you woke up just now, that would have given you about ten hours of sleep!" Crissy opened the curtains, blinding Pixie even more. "Jeez, you're such a vampire!"

"I feel like one right now," mumbled Pixie.

Crissy smiled. "You could be a Helsinki Vampire!"

"A what?" Pixie looked up, confused. "What does Finland have to do with vampires?"

A big grin appeared on Crissy's face. She motioned towards her desk where her laptop was located. "You're lost, little girl. Let me show you the way."

Pixie blinked, confused even more now. "What are you on?"

Crissy rolled her eyes at her friend's cluelessness. "You have heard of HIM, right?" she asked.

"Yeah," Pixie replied, "I love them!"

"Well, if you love HIM," concluded Pixie, "then you'll abso-fucking-lutely love The 69 Eyes!"

"Who are they?" asked Pixie. "Do they sound like HIM?"

Crissy playfully slapped her best friend. "I can't believe you've never heard of them!" she exclaimed. "You have to hear them! You'll love them to death! Jyrki and Jussi are so hot!"

Pixie watched her best friend swoon, then stood up and walked over to her own desk. She sat down and opened up her laptop, waiting for it to run and take her to her desktop. Once her heartagram wallpaper appeared, she clicked the Internet Explorer icon and checked her e-mail. She checked her blogs to see what her friends from high school and family were up to, then went to Google.com. She typed in the search box 'The 69 Eyes' and clicked the 'Search' button, and a list of websites appeared, the first one being the band's official website. Pixie went to it and read the biography, discography, and any other pieces of information she could find.

Crissy saw what she was looking at and walked over. "What do you think so far?" she asked. "Want to borrow my CDs so you can listen to their stuff? You'll love them so much! You'll be copying it to your iPod in a heartbeat!"

"Sure," Pixie replied. "I have a question, though. Do they really think they're vampires?"

Crissy shrugged, replying, "I think it's more of a theme to their music."

"That makes sense," Pixie commented, then glanced back at the main picture on the website. "I like the drummer's hair, and the rhythm guitarist is hot."

Crissy beamed. "See, you're already becoming a fan!" she exclaimed. "I take it you want to borrow my CDs now?"

"Give," demanded Pixie, holding out her hand.

Heading over to her CD shelf, Crissy pulled out about ten CDs and one DVD and proceeded to set the stack down on Pixie's desk. Pixie grabbed the CD at the top of the stack and inserted it into the disc tray of her laptop.

For the rest of the day, Pixie listened to Crissy's CDs. She loved every song and, even though she copied them all to her iPod, she was still planning on buying her own CDs. She watched the DVD three times in a row and made it a goal to also purchase a copy of it. When she was finished with the CDs and DVD, she returned them back to Crissy's shelf and proceeded to surf the internet for pictures. By the time she was done, she had printed out about twenty pictures and saved over a hundred of them in her pictures folder on her laptop. Finally, at midnight, she went to bed, after sticky tacking the pictures she printed out all over her side of the room.

In just approximately twelve hours, Pixie had become an obsessed fan of The 69 Eyes. Even though she had only been a fan for a few hours, she felt as if she had been a fan for five years.
♠ ♠ ♠
See, I told you it would be much longer than the last chapter! =D I hope you enjoyed this, and Pixie's becoming a fan of the Eyes will make a huge difference later on in the story. Stay tuned for chapter four!