Status: Active, but might be slow.

Change My Life

03

The next day I got up early to get ready for another long day of school and work. Today I went ahead and wore my work outfit to school too. I kissed Aelyn on the head and left. I went to school, got out by eleven, got lunch, then went to work. I changed from flats to pumps before walking in. I knocked lightly on Ethan's open door. He looked up from his desk and smiled.
"Hey," he said, standing up.
"Hi," I walked into his office.
"You look lovely." He smiled.
"Thank you." I said.
"I apologize in advance, but your phone is probably going to be ringing off the hook today. And I have a lot of paperwork for you." He said, grabbing a large pile of folders and papers off of his desk.
"It's alright, that’s what I get paid for." I smiled and shrugged. I put my hands out to grab the paper but he shook his head.
"I've got it." He smiled. We walked over to my office. I set my purse down and he put the papers in the basket on my desk. "I like your shoes." He said, looking over me. I had on red and black leopard print pumps.
"Thank you." I smiled.
"You are very welcome. Uh, if you could only patch through urgent calls today. I'm going to be jam packed. I have a new case, and it's pretty important." He said.
"Will do." I said, glancing at the pile of paperwork on my desk.
"You know, you can ask about my cases." He told me.
"I don't want to be nosy." I said, blushing.
"You’re my secretary, you kind of need to know what's going on." He smiled.
"Well…what kind of case is it?" I asked.
"A woman was hit by a car and paralyzed from the waist down, the man who hit her ran, but witnesses got the tag number, and now she's suing him and wants him put away. I'm her lawyer." He said. I nodded.
"it's nice to hear you help the victim." I smiled.
"I do everything I can," he said. "Well, we should probably get to work." He smiled. I nodded and sat down. I turned on my computer screen and saw that Ethan had 120 new emails. I sighed heavily. I decided to do the filing first. When I finally got through the pile Ethan walked in with more. It took me a good hour and a half to do the filing. Then I went through his emails. All the while I was getting phone calls for him. Most of them were messages and appointments, but some were important and about the current case. The paperwork kept coming, and so did the emails and phone calls. Around 5:30 Ethan walked in with two cups. He sat down in the chair across from me.
"Coffee?" he asked.
"Thanks, but shouldn't it be the other way around?" I asked with a smile. He grinned.
"Well, what can I say, I'm just a nice boss." He said. I laughed.
"I appreciate it." I took a sip, and smiled at the taste of vanilla flavored coffee.
"I hope you like vanilla.." He mumbled, taking a sip from his cup.
"I love vanilla." I said.
"Good." He smiled. "Have you been busy?" he asked.
"Very. You?" I asked back.
"Oh yea." He said, leaning back in his chair. "The woman, Marie, called and told me she was having a hard time with everything. And the man, Thomas, had his lawyer call and argue with me." He grumbled.
"Should I not have patched that call through?" I blushed. He laughed.
"it was before you got here." He said.
"oh," I said. He nodded.
"So, you live near Will Turner?" he asked.
"Yea, I just moved into the house across the street from him." I told him.
"He's a good guy. He's kind of my…competition though." He said.
"Really?" I asked.
"Mhm, me and him are the two of the best lawyers in central Florida, and we both prefer working with the victim." He explained. I nodded.
"Well, you both seem like great guys." I smiled.
"Yea, we are." He winked. I laughed.
"Ugh, I need to get back to my office. You can leave at 6:30." He told me.
"Alright. Thank you!" I smiled. The phone continued to ring, and new emails kept popping up. This job definitely kept me busy. At 6:30 I grabbed my purse, cleaned up my desk, and turned off the light in my office. I walked slowly into his. He was on the phone. He sounded frustrated.
"Well, I'm very sorry sir, but I can't help that. No! I can't deal with this right now, I'm working on a very important case, and it needs all of my attention. Goodbye." He hung up the phone aggressively, then looked up at me. His posture and expression lightened. "Heading home?" he asked.
"Yea," I said.
"Alright, well have a good rest of the night." He smiled.
"Thank you. And you too." I said, then left. On my way home I stopped at Publix to do some grocery shopping. When I got home Aelyn was throwing clothes onto her bed. "Can you help me put away some groceries?" I asked.
"Yea, if you'll help me pick an outfit for my first day." She said.
"Will do!" I smiled. We went to the kitchen and put everything away. "Are you excited for school?" I asked.
"Yes! It's so different here. We're in a big city now! Cassadaga was small and boring." She groaned. I laughed. "How was your second day of work?" she asked.
"Great. I'm kept busy and my boss is really nice." I said.
"Are you going to invite him to our housewarming party?" she grinned.
"I didn't realize we were having a housewarming party." I mumbled.
"of course we are! So far I know we're inviting Adam, Will, Grams, Grandpa Dan, Nana, Stacey, Ayla, Mary, Joe, and Kurt." They were mainly family. "Oh! And your boss Ethan!" she said excitedly. I laughed.
"You make the invitations and we'll do it." I said, pulling some things out to make dinner.
"Okay! So, when are we going to pick my outfit?" she asked.
"While we wait for the water and oven to heat up." I told her. She nodded. Once I got things started we went to her room. We decided on skinny jeans, a cute Hollister top, a sweater, and flats. By then the water and oven were ready. I made dinner for us, then we sat down and ate. After dinner I went to my room and watched TV. The next morning I would have to get up even earlier to take Aelyn to school, so I went to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! Aeryn's Outfit

And thank you to these people for their comments :
surferchickk12
magmababe141

Please keep the comments coming! And please subscribe!

Much love,
Hey Miss Lexi <3

Copyright 2010 ; Hey Miss Lexi