Status: Complete

Love Tricked Me

Slow

"What do you mean?" John asked as he held me tightly.

I breathed in his scent that I hadn't smelt in so long. It was the mixture of laundry detergent, soap, cologne, and a bit of sweat.

"Everything is wrong! I should've just listened to you back then. Then I w-wouldn't have alienated my family, lost all my friends...and you." I cried into him.

"What makes you think you lost me?" He asked softly.

"I was s-so stupid and I just left you. You and E-Eric only wanted the best for me but I was too dumb to see that and then I just ran away. Just like my stupid fucking dad. I swore I would n-never turn out like him!" I exclaimed.

"Well I've got some news for you Kay." He started "I still love you as much- actually more than the day you left. Eric loves you, so does your mom, and your friends. And you're not like your dad at all. You made a mistake and so did I. But I'll always be madly in love with you."

I didn't know what to say. How could he still be so in love with me after all these years?

He held me in his arms until I stopped crying. We stayed cuddled up until my tears stopped completely.

"My mom got a new boyfriend." I whispered.

"I'm sorry."

"Me too."

He knew how much my dad meant to me. He was my best friend growing up. I was a total daddy's girl. Our family was perfect minus the happy parents.

"Do you like him?" He asked as he rubbed circles into me with his thumbs. I leaned into his chest and tightened my arms around his torso.

"He's not bad. He seems nice." I sighed.

"That's good. You should be happy for her. She's been alone for like ten years."

"Yeah but still. I just wish he never left." I frowned.

"I wish you never left." He whispered.

"I'm so sorry." I told him. "I can't imagine what I would have done if you left me."

"You would have been fine. You could get any guy you wanted." He chuckled.

"But I only want you." I said as I looked up at him with a smile.

He leaned down and our lips connected. It felt amazing, to say the very least. I grabbed him by the back of the neck and deepened the kiss before sitting up and straddling him. My hands traveled down to the front of his jeans but his rested steadily on my waist. Then he pulled away.

"I think we should take things slow." He panted.

"What?" I asked, still on his lap.

"I just don't want to rush into things and then hurt you again." He explained as he stroked my cheek with his thumb. "I'm scared as hell of hurting you again."

"You've changed, John." I said softly.

"What?" He asked

"You're so mature, sweetheart." I smiled as I ran my hands up and down his chest. "I love you."

John

"That's the first time you've said it!" I exclaimed.

"And I mean it." She purred.

I wrapped my arms around her tightly and kissed her head. "You have no idea how fucking good it feels to hear you say that!"

Instead of responding, she connected our lips once again and kissed me passionately. I slid my tongue into her mouth and she accepted it as I felt her smile into the kiss. Her tongue massaged mine in a way that no other girl could do and I was in heaven.

I pulled away and looked at her. "Wait, I need to tell you something."

"Oh god. What is it?" She asked worried.

"I only talked to you when I met Eric because you had big boobs." I admitted. It wasn't something I was proud of but I thought she deserved my complete honesty.

Thankfully she started bursting out laughing. "And I only stayed with you because the sex was so good." She grinned seductively.

Then her hands started going back down to my pants. "Kimmy, I mean it." I sighed as I pushed her hands away gently.

"Come on, John. We've done it a million times." She complained.

"I wanna go slow. I'm not going to mess this up again."

"Fine." She sighed.

Once again Nina started crying so Kay picked her up and took her to the kitchen. I followed her and saw her feeding Nina a bottle.

Seeing her holding a baby was like looking at a glimpse of our future. Or at least I hoped.

I wanted to have kids with her and marry her and buy a house for her. I wanted everything, but for some reason that fantasy only looked good when she's the one I'm marrying. With any other girl it looks more like a death sentence.

She shifted Nina in her arms and kept feeding her as I took a seat across from her. "You're gonna be a great mom someday."

She laughed and shook her head. That laugh made my heart speed up. And when she looked up at me with those big brown eyes I thought it was going to explode.

I was about to say something else when my phone started to ring.

"Hello?" I asked, walking into the living room.

"Dude, it's me." Jared said "Are you sure you can't get down here? We just finished the acoustic set."

I debated whether or not to go. Kimmy would understand, and plus she had everything under control here. There was really no real reason for me not to go.

"Sorry man, I can't." I told him.

"Okay," He sighed "Just checking."

"Who was that?" She asked as she walked in trying to burp the baby.

"Jared." I answered.

"What'd he say?" She asked.

"Uh, he wanted to see if I could make an interview." I told her.

"Oh, well see ya." She said.

"I'm not going." I shrugged.

"Why not?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Because you're more important."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow! Thanks so so so so much to everyone who commented! That would be Gaskarthbabeey, S.H.E.L.B.Y Jade, liar's lane, MMM26, whilethefirewasout, Beautiful Weakness;, writing, somebody_who_cares, lovewthpeace19, SpinningInCirlces, therandaset, ClaudiaBiedles, weirdcookie, and marcoo! You made my Christmas:)

And I know this probably isn't what you were expecting as far as the "you'll love this chapter" goes, but I thought it was really cute.

And this isn't the end to the drama. A big twist is coming so watch out!