You Are...

You Are... Chapter 9

“What about this?” I asked as I pulled down the hem of my skirt. I was so nervous about my date with Peirce. I’ve never been on a date before. Aubrey and Shelby were helping me get ready.
“You look great. Peirce won’t even care what you wear…” Shelby said handing me a pair of flats.
“Are you sure?” I said putting them on.
“Yes, now he’s going to be here any minute so, here’s a mint and relax,” Aubrey said.
I took the mint and fixed my hair. “I don’t feel so well…I should reschedule…”
“No!” the girls yelled together.
“He really likes you,” Shelby said.
“You’ll be fine” Aubrey said as Peirce knocked on the door.
Shelby smiled and ran out of my room to answer it. I took a deep breath and followed her out with Aubrey close behind.
“Hey big brother,” Shelby said opening the door for him.
“Hey ladies, Leah,” he smiled at me and I wasn’t as nervous as I was before.
“You kids have fun!” Aubrey said as I followed Peirce out of my dorm.
“Are you going to tell me where we’re going now?” I asked as we headed outside.
“The park,” he said taking my hand.
I raised a brow. “What’s at the park?”
“Stop asking questions,” he said with a slight smile on his face.
I sighed as he led me to the park. We made small talk as we made our way though the park.
“Here we are…” Peirce said as we reached a lake. He let go of my hand and walked over to a near by tree.
“I hope you like peanut butter and jelly,” he said spreading out a blanket and putting a picnic basket on top of it.
I smiled. “You made a picnic?”
“Yes, but don’t get too excite. I can’t cook for my life.”
I laughed as I sat down next to him. He pulled two sandwiches, a bag of chips and two water bottles.
“Shelby made fruit salad, do you want some?” he asked as he pulled a container.
“Sure,” I said unwrapping my sandwich.
As we eat we watched the sun slowly go down over the water.
“I would love to draw this landscape,” I said taking out my phone.
“Okay, it could be our second date,” Peirce gave me a little smile.
I smiled and put my phone away, “deal.”
Peirce smiled and leaned in slowly. I took a deep breath and leaned in. Peirce moved his hand to my chin and kissed me softly. I felt goosebumps rise on my arms and butterflies fill my stomach. We pulled away softly and smiled at each other. I felt my face heat up and I looked away.
Peirce chuckled and we went back to eating.