You Are...

You Are... Chapter 8

Joe and I were dancing together as the sun went down over the water. I noticed that he was flirting with me. As we talked I started to pick at his flaws.
I’ve never had a boyfriend before and if I was going to get one it was going to be one that I actually like and look forward to seeing and talking to everyday.
Joe was nice and good looking and all but I don’t think I could see us together.
“Do you mind if I cut in?” Pierce asked.
“Sure, I’ll be back,” Joe said walking away from us.
Pierce smiled at me and placed his hands on my waist. “Having fun yet?”
I smiled. “It’s not as bad as I thought it would be.”
“Glad to hear that. I didn’t think you would have much fun without me.”
“You’re so cocky!” I said rolling my eyes.
“It’s more like confidence.”
“Well you’re confident a lot…”
Pierce just smiled and pulled me a little closer. “So I was thinking that you and I should hang out by the water…”
“Why?”
“To get to know each other.”
“I think I got you summed up.”
“Oh really…?”
“Yes…”
“Tell me about myself.”
“You are…”
“I am…?”
“An egotistical jock who has slept with countless women and cares only about himself because he gets what he wants.”
Pierce laughed. “That’s what you think of me? At what point have you seen me with another girl other than today? You couldn’t be more wrong. I’m a sweetheart and I’m still…pure. I put my family first, I suck at sports but I’m really good a swimming. I care more about music than anything else. I wish I got what I wanted and I’m confident not cocky.”
I was speechless. “Sorry…” I said felling myself blush.
“So, let’s get to know each other…” Peirce took my hand and led me to the water. He sat down and I joined him.
“So you’re a swimmer?”
“I swam on my high school swim team for three years. It sucked but I loved it.”
“Cool, what music are you into?”
“Rock, my band and I are trying to make it big. We have an album out and a tour coming up.”
“Tour?” I asked hugging my knees.
“Yeah…we booked a couple of bars and near by concert places. We have a pretty strong following…”
“How many fans?”
“We just reached ten thousands followers on Twitter so…we’re kind of a big deal.”
I laughed. “When’s your first gig?”
“Thanksgiving break.”
“Aren’t you going home?”
“I told my mom she’ll see me when we have our hometown show and Christmas.”
“Will you be having a show here?”
“Of course. We’re kicking off the tour with our show here first.”
“Okay good…”
“Did you want to see us?”
“Well…sure.”
“Good, I want you to be there anyway. Tell me about you?”
“I played lacrosse for my high school and I like jazz. I don’t play an instrument or anything. Um…I like art. I want to be an art teacher. I like kids and art so might as well.”
“What grade?”
“I was thinking middle school or something like that...”
“Cool. What else don’t I know about you?”
“Um…You never summed me up.”
Pierce smiled and faced me. “Okay…you are a daddy’s girl, gets good grades. Doesn’t go out much. Um…you went to an all girls school and never had a boyfriend.”
“How do you know that?”
“Well when I asked if you had anyone back home you said your dad, then you’re always so hostile towards me and any other male and you don’t flirt that easy well either.”
I rolled my eyes. “Well I’ll have you know that I go out all the time. Concerts, art shows, girls’ night out, stuff like that.”
Pierce smiled. “So, you won’t be new to the idea of going out Friday night”
“No…”
“Good…I’ll pick you up at seven,” he said pulling his arm around me.
I opened my mouth to speak but quickly closed it. There was no use fighting with him about it.
I smiled and moved closer to him.
After a moment or some Pierce looked over at me. “We should head back. I hate driving at night.”
I chuckled to myself and we headed back to the others; they were already packing up and saying there goodbyes.
Joe headed over to me. “I hope to see you again.”
“Same here,” I said.
He smiled and headed over to Pierce. I left them and headed over to Aubrey and Shelby and helped them pack the car. We got in and waited for the guys.
“So…What’s up with Joe?” Aubrey asked.
“Nothing…” I said. “I hate to say it Shelby but I think your brother got under my skin…”
“Really?” she said.
“Yeah… we have a date...”
“Who has a date?” Peirce asked as the guys entered the car.
“Nothing,” Shelby said. “Take us home.”
Peirce looked over at me and smiled. “You have to stay up with me.”
I rolled my eyes. “Sure…”
“Are we-”
“Drive!” Everyone in the back yelled at him.
“Okay!” he said starting up the car and driving away from the beach.