Beauty and the Beast

two

So apparently the guy that I’m staying with has a game so I was supposed to drop my bags off at his apartment then go to the game. Everything was already set, so it wasn’t like I could have told him no. I lugged all of my bags to the curb and I had to hail down a taxi, after many attempts a taxi finally stopped in front of me.

“Oh my.” I said walking into his apartment, it was mess to say the least. Well I was pretty much a neat freak so anything not neat was a mess to me. I walked over to his dinning table and saw an envelope with my name scrawled on.
I’ll show you, your room when you get back. Just change into the jersey and catch a taxi to the TD Garden. Use the money here.

I did was the note said, I pulled open the jersey to find it say the name ‘Lucic’ written on the back with the number 17. Living in Vancouver, I didn’t watch hockey. But the name Lucic rang a bell, I just couldn’t put a face to the name.

“TD Garden, please.” I said as I climbed into the taxi. The taxi man just nodded his head and sped off the arena.

“Thank you.” I said kindly paying the man and got out of the taxi. Now the whole parking lot was just a sea of black and yellow. The Bruins were going to play against the New York Rangers so there were some red and blue in the crowd.

“Hi, I’m Katy.” A blonde girl said as I took the seat next to her. I wasn’t sitting in the front row but in the third row.

“Hi Katy, I’m Elle.” I said shyly running my hand through my hair, one of many nervous habits.

“Is this your first game? I’ve never seen you here before.” She asked popping her bubble gum.

“Yea, I just moved from Vancouver so this is my first game.” I said fixing my jersey.

“Well I can see that you brought the correct jersey.” She said pointing to mines and then she showed me hers that read the name ‘Bergeron’.

We made small talk until the puck drop and the crowd went wild. The Rangers got 2 goals in the first period and then with 5 minutes to go a fight breaks out. Just because I didn’t enjoy watching hockey I knew what was going on.

“Here we go again. This time Prust and Lucic.” The announcer said as a fight broke out behind the blue line.

“Kick some ass Lucic!!” Katy screamed as long with the entire stadium.
That very moment Elle became afraid of her roommate. She knew that fighting was an element in hockey but Elle never met anyone who fought in a hockey game. Now she is supposed to live with one!

After the game was done and the Rangers handed the lost to the Bruins. A security guard came and asked me to follow him. I did as I was told and was lead into some room/lounge place where girls and kids were standing.

“Oh, hello dear. I’m Melissa Thomas, Kelly Ward, Katie Murray, Tatiana Chara and Astrid Sturm.” 5 ladies said introducing themselves to me.

“Hello, I’m Elle Johnson.” I said standing up to shake their hands. I noticed that they were wearing their husbands jersey.

“So how do you know Looch?” Kelly asked pointing to my jersey with his name on the back.

“Don’t harass the girl.” Milan said walking out of the locker room in his suit. He walked right pass me and the girls and out of the door.

“Are you coming or not?” He asked poking his head back in the room. I could only nod my head and followed him.

I followed him to his car and I got into the passenger seat. The ride to his apartment was quiet and it was a little awkward. I could tell that he was mad over the game because his knuckles were white. As I looked more closely I could see that he had scars on his knuckles and newly formed bruises.

“You can stop staring now. Sorry that all of us aren’t models.” Milan harshly said as he noticed that I was staring at his hands.

“I didn’t mean to.” I said softly looking up at him then out the window. We soon arrived to his apartment.

“This is your room.” He said putting my bags down. It was white simple room, a bed, closet. dresser and a TV.

“Thank you.” I said, and he just left.

That night I crawled into bed and I cried myself to sleep. I’ve only been in Boston for a few hours and I wanted to go home already. I wanted to go to Vancouver, I wanted out of here. I saw the footsteps of Milan stop in front of my door as I was still crying. He didn’t do anything but sigh, stay for a few seconds and then he left. As I fell asleep I couldn’t wait until it was Monday, my first day of work.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey I know you guys are reading & subscribing to this story but no one wants to comment?! can I have 1-3 comments on this story or the next update won't happen for awhile. sorry I have to be like this but I mean its discouraging when no one comments :/