Crash World

Baby Baby Baby

“Breathe Kendra, Breathe”. Jonathan said as another contraction came and went. We had been in the hospital for close to 4 hours already. We had watched the end of the Blackhawks game; they had won and were off to the 2nd round. Both sets of parents had arrived in Chicago and were around the hospital. It felt like I had been in the hospital for days, with hardly anything to do. Jonathan kept going to the waiting room to talk with Jen, of course.

Over these couple of hours, I had made up my mind over what I was going to do when the baby came and where I was going to live. “Ow!” as my thoughts were interrupted by more contractions. They were getting closer and closer.
“JONATHAN!” I shouted annoyingly.

Suddenly he burst through the door. “Yea, Is it time?”
While giving him a dirty look, I threw a magazine towards him, just missing his arm.
“What’s that for?” as he looked puzzled.
“For continually going to the waiting room! I know this isn’t the ideal situation but it’d be nice to have some support, and someone to get me ice chips”
Jonathan stared at me for a moment, and then walked over and grabbed my hand. “Your right Kendra, and I’ll go get those ice chips now ok”.

Another 3 hours went by, Jonathan stayed in my room the rest of the time and we talked about random stuff to try and take my mind off of the contractions. We discussed what names I had narrowed down and finally decided on one.
Finally doctor came in and told us it was time to have the baby. As we were getting ready for the delivery, I said to Jonathan. “You’re staying right?”
“Wouldn’t miss it for the world”, he said while he sported a huge grin.

Finally at 8am, I was holding my beautiful baby boy in my arms. Jonathan was leaning over my arm looking at our son. The nurse came in with paper work, we had to fill out.
“First name and middle name”, she asked.
“Dylan Michael”, I answered.
“And the last name will be Golding I assume,” the nurse stated
“Actually”, I spoke “The last name will be Toews”
Jonathan looked at me, “Really?”
“Of course”, I said as I gave him a kiss on the cheek. “I wouldn’t have it any other way”.

Over the next couple of hours, both our families came to visit and our friends and Jonathan’s teammates and their families. Later that day I was taking a nap when Jen came with Hannah. I woke from my sleep and saw Jonathan holding Dylan as he brought him over to the chair where Hannah and Jen were. Hearing say to Hannah, that this was her new little brother. Seeing this made me become jealous. I had always pictured this as my family one day, but clearly as I watched this, that thought would always be a dream.

A few days later, I sat with Dylan in my arms in his nursery. I stared in to his beautiful brown eyes; they reminded me of Jonathan’s. “It’s you and me against the world little guy, no matter what I’ll always fight for you. We both gotta stick together.”
♠ ♠ ♠
this is the 2nd last chapter, how do you think its going to end!