Status: Complete

I Solemnly Swear That I Love You

Lullaby

When I woke up the next morning I buried my face deeper into the pillow. Even though the smell of bacon was in the air I wasn't ready to wake up yet, and then I remembered that I didn't go home last night. I fell asleep in the shop going over the ledger. I opened my eyes and sat up. I blinked a couple of times and looked around the room, realizing I was in George's bedroom. He must have found me downstairs, and brought me up here. I got up and walked into the kitchen. George was standing there making breakfast. "Hungry?" he asked, a smile on his face.

I nodded.

"Good. Because I'm making this for you. I already ate."

"Thank you."

He smiled and sat the plate in front of me. After swallowing piece of an egg, I said, "This is really good."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

After I ate I said, "If you don't mind, I'm going to go home and shower before we open the store for the day."

"I don't mind."

"I'll see you in a little while then." I apparated home, and walked into the bathroom. I showered and changed my clothes before brushing out my hair and apparating back to the shop. George was downstairs waiting for me. As soon as I appeared he unlocked the door and flipped the sign to open. We weren't very busy for the first couple of hours. Every now and then someone would stumble in and look around.

After a while I grabbed the broom and started sweeping out of boredom since the floor didn't actually need to be swept. While I did, I hummed my usual lullaby. An hour or so passed and George slammed his hands down on the counter top. "Why don't we go out and get some lunch."

"I would like that," I said, putting up the broom. We grabbed our cloaks and left the shop. George put a sign up that read "Be back later". We walked down Diagon Alley to a cafe, and sat at one of the tables outside. We ate in a comfortable silence, and George paid for our lunch. "Thank you," I told him.

"Don't worry about it," he smiled.

I smiled back and we walked back to Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. George tooke the "Be back later" sign off of the door and we sat around waiting for customers. We got a little busier, but not much. I guess everyone had stocked up on their joke supplies the day before. I started drawing on a piece of paper while I hummed.

"What is that?"

"What is what?"

"That song you're always humming."

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know. All I know is that it's a lullaby my mum used to sing to me when I was a very little girl."

"Oh. Do you know the words?"

I shook my head. "Not really. Every now and then a line will pop into my head, but I never can think of what comes next, maybe one day I'll remember all of the lines, and be able to piece it together."

"Well, it sounds really pretty when you hum it."

"Thank you."

I smiled at him before going back to my doodling. I was a little sad now, because I could barely remember my mom. She died when I was five or six. I could see her face in my mind though. She had long flowing hair just like mine. It was dark red and curly, and it always fell at her waist. Her skin was pale, but not grossly pale, and her eyes were emerald green. My dad always told me I looked exactly like her. I could somewhat remember us playing games outside of our house. She would put a blind fold over her eyes and I would hide somewhere in the garden. Then she'd take it off and come find me. Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes... I had suddenly remembered a line from the lullaby. But I couldn't think of what came before or after it.

I sighed.

"What's wrong?"

"I just remembered a line from the song, but I can't think of what's next."

"Oh. I'm sure you'll think of it sooner or later."

"Yeah..."