Status: Complete

I Solemnly Swear That I Love You

Angelina and Paulie

I walked into the shop the next day and seen Angelina Johnson standing in front of the counter leaning over it while George sat in a chair on the other side. They were talking. George looked up when I walked in and Angelina turned to face me, a dirty look plastered on her face. I ignored it and said, "Good morning George."

"Good morning, Kira."

I ignored Angelina's presence and took my cloak off before laying it across the back of an empty chair.

"Uh, Kira?"

"Yes George?"

"Would you mind watching the shop without me for a few days? Angelina invited me to a quidditch game with her."

I thought about it for a moment, and after swallowing the hate-filled answer I wanted to give, I said with a smile, "Of course I don't mind. Who's playing?"

"The Falmouth Falcons and Puddlemere United."

"Oh. Well have fun," I smiled sweetly at him. He smiled back. I hated Angelina Johnson with every ounce of me, but I knew how much George loved quidditch, and I wasn't going to deny him.

"I'll see you tomorrow then," Angelina told him, smiling sweetly. She turned and gave me that same smile and I sneered at her. She ignored the sneer and left the shop.

"You know, you keep that expression on your face and people are going to think you're a Malfoy," George told me.

I turned my sneer on him before saying, "I have dark red hair. I'm far from being a Malfoy. Besides, I'm a half blood, remember."

George smiled and shook his head, "Why do you and Angelina hate each other?"

I shrugged, "We've just never gotten along." It was a lie. I hated her because she wanted George, and George was too blind to see how in love with him I am.

He dropped the subject. I wasn't sure if he believed me or not. We had another slightly boring day and then I went home. The first thing I wanted to do was shower, and then I ate dinner, and was doing the dishes. I sat a plate in the drying rack and when I put my hands back under the water, it burned me. "Ow!" I yelled as I snatched my hands out from under the water. I turned the cold water back on and said, "Paulie, please not today. I'm not in the mood."

Paulie the Poltergeist appeared above the sink, hovering with his legs crossed. "Did you the Weasley boy upset you?"

I glanced up at Paulie before looking back down in the sink, "Kind of."

"Want me to go trash his place for you?"

I chuckled and shook my head, "That's unnecessary."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded.

After a few seconds Paulie said, "I still haven't figured out why you clean by hand instead of using magic."

"I told you before," I said as I turned the water off, "When I'm angry or upset, it soothes me."

"Just because your mum was a muggle, doesn't mean you have to act like you're one. Just eat chocolate to soothe yourself. That's what girls do, right?"

I rolled my eyes and turned the kitchen light off before heading upstairs. "I'm going to bed Paulie."

He followed me up the stairs and into my room, still talking about chocolate. I pulled the blanket on my bed back and laid down, "Will you turn the light off for me?"

The light went out and Paulie said, "Sleep tight Kira, and sweet dreams."

"Thank you Paulie." It wasn't a shame he wasn't human, because he'd be the perfect boyfriend otherwise.