Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

I’m A Dreamer

“Are you always working?” Josh chuckled as he walked into my office at about 5:00 a few days after the truck race.

“Are you ever working?” I giggled.

“Good point,” He smiled as he sat down. “I work, I practice and work out during the day but actually rest is a major part of it. If you don’t rest then all the working out is just hurting you.”

“Well aren’t you special?” I teased through a smirk.

“Yep,” He smiled while putting his hands behind his head and leaning back. “I was actually going to go get something to eat and wanted to see if you wanted to come with me?”

“That would depend on where you’re going,” I smiled.

“Wherever you want,” He smiled right back.

“Well then I’d have to say yes, Mr.Grant,” I agreed while standing up and getting my coat.

“Here, let me help you with that,” Josh said while getting up to help me with my coat.

“Aren’t you a gentleman?” I said to him.

“I try,” He smirked. “So where do you want to go?”

“Um, duh! Our favorite food to eat together!” I told him.

”Mexican,” Josh smiled.

“You got it,” I laughed.

Josh and I went to a delicious Mexican restaurant that apparently he had been to a million times. It was super good. I don’t think I’ve laughed that much during a meal before, Josh always makes the funniest faces and does equally as funny faces.

After Josh and I had finished our meal he insisted that we go get ice cream. We got our ice cream cones at a place right on the beach. The two of us walked along the beach as we licked the cold treat.

“Have you ever wondered how your life would be different if you lived somewhere else?” I questioned randomly.

“No, not really,” Josh replied.

“I have. It’s just interesting to think how your friends would be different, you job maybe or even the way your family is. It’s kind of interesting….” I trailed off.

“I haven’t wondered that, but it is kind of interesting,” He agreed.

“I wonder what my life, even my personality would be like if I had my parents, even if I knew where they are,” I sighed.

“But you love your Uncle Toby though,” He said to me.

“I do, I owe so much to him,” I replied. “But there’s part of you that wants your parents. When I was younger I’d always make up stories as to why they weren’t with me.”

“Really?” He smiled as I nodded my head. “Like what?”

“Well one was that my dad was an explorer who found the lost gold city of El Dorado and my mom was so devoted to him that she left me with Uncle Toby to be with him. Or another one is that my parents decided to fly around the world in a hot air balloon but they never returned. One other one I made up was that they enlisted in the army and were both heroically killed in battle. Kinda dumb but…” I trailed off.

“I don’t think that’s dumb,” Josh told me.

“I still think up things like that about them. It’s probably kind of childish but I guess I’m just a dreamer like that,” I sighed.

“That’s not a bad thing. I like it, it makes you, you. And you’re pretty great if you ask me,” He sweetly said.

“Well I’d have to say the same about you Josh, you’re a special guy,” I smiled.

I really can’t think of anyone I’ve ever met that’s quite like Josh. Even if I did meet someone that was similar no one could be him, he’s a special guy. I honestly feel blessed to have him in my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
*dodges tomatoes being thrown* I'M SORRY IT'S SO SHORT. PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!! hahaha
watching Top Gear, not the lame un- funny American version, the funny british version - the one when they built their own car and Jeremy's like... guys has anyone made a car with a mustache? hahaha

A super cute Joshie and Kirstie

comments?