Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

It's A Long Story

Lately, Todd and I have been seeing each other on a daily basis. I love it. I’m so very happy that we worked out something where we can actually see each other. I took today off to chill out though. Work stresses me out. I know I’ll have tons to do tomorrow, but… I don’t care. I’m sitting on my couch in my longue wear with a big bowl of ice cream while I watch season one of Prison Break.

Todd was off riding this afternoon though. But… Tanner was texting me. I didn’t mind. It gave me someone to communicate with. He’s a dork though. Just in a few short words, he’d make me giggle. It makes me wish we actually gave each other a chance in a relationship. But we didn’t… and I am with an amazing guy that puts a smile on my face.

As the day went on, I shot Kirstie a few texts, teasing her about me being at home doing nothing and she’s probably working her butt off. I may have thrown a few Josh teases in there too. I bet they had lunch together today! I put money on it! But of course she wouldn’t tell me. I knew!

Around one that afternoon, there was a knock on my door. I thought it was Todd. He usually gets done riding around this time. My smile came over my face once I got up and went for the door. But when I opened it, Tanner was there. Um..

“Hey,” I smiled, but my forehead was wrinkled up in confusion.

“Don’t you look cute,” he teased.

“Shut up. I took a day off to be lazy. If you don’t like it, leave,” I told him, but in a teasing tone.

“I said it was cute, didn’t I?” he smirked.

I just rolled my eyes playfully before I stepped to the side and let him. I had no idea what he could want. Since the truck race, I haven’t seen much of him. I wasn’t complaining. I haven’t been thinking about him!

“So… what’s up?” he asked once he plopped down on the couch right where I was lying before.

“Nothing,” I shrugged, sitting next to him.

“Well, you’re not working. That’s something,” he teased.

“Neither are you. How are you getting all this time off?” I shot back, making a smile come over his face. Those dimples!

“I just… wanted to make some time to come see you,” he said softly.

I wanted to say aw so badly. That’s sweet. Bu someone walked through the door. I knew who it was without even having to look up. The way those shoes shuffled across the floor gave it all away. And we gave up the knocking thing weeks ago.

“Hey, Toddie,” I smiled up at him as much as I could given this lovely sight he sees.

“Hey, Ky… Tanner,” he replied, looking at Tanner a little more intently than me.

“Tanner just stopped by to say hi,” I butted in before anything else could be said.

“You two know each other?” Todd asked while crossing his arms. Out of all the times he had to bring the cockiness out!

“Yeah… it’s a long story,” I sighed.

“I have time,” Todd went on.

“Well, I have to get going. I have a drifting competition this weekend. Have to do some testing,” Tanner chimed in, getting to his feet quickly and leaving.

Once the door closed, I pinched the bridge of my nose. I know nothing happened. But… just the way Todd looked at Tanner, made me feel uneasy. I didn’t even want to be at my own house right now.

“I’m just going to start off with, I’m not a jealous person,” he spoke up after a few quiet seconds. “But when my girlfriend is in her house, alone, with another man, I’m going to start asking questions,” he went on with an agitated tone in his voice.

“Todd, he came a few minutes before you did,” I countered, trying to keep my voice calm.

“But I didn’t even know you guys knew each other. It makes sense now though. He asked me if you were my girlfriend and looking at you every second he got at the truck race last weekend,” he mumbled while starting to pace.

As he went on, I got to my feet and grabbed onto his arms to make him look at me. Once those dark eyes fell on mine, everything that I should have told him and never did came flooding back over me.

“We went on a few dates before I met you. Nothing ever came of it. That’s it. I swear. Ever since that we’ve just been friends,” I told him while cupping his stubled cheek with my thumb leaving small circles on his skin.

“I wished you would have told me this before,” he sighed.

“Look how upset you got though. I was afraid you would think something else was going on,” I countered softly.

“Kirstie told me you were a good girl,” he smiled as his arms coiled around me.

“I am. I don’t want to hurt anyone; especially you. I care about you too much, Todders,” I smiled while hooking my arms around his neck loosely.

His smile grew even bigger before he pressed his lips against mine gently. I gave him a look once we parted. I wasn’t expecting a soft gentle kiss from him. That’s not Todd! He did let out an adorable little chuckle though. And then he gave me the kiss I was hoping for.

I’m still not completely convinced Todd’s ok with this whole Tanner thing. But he’s smiling right now… and giving me yummy kisses. How could I be thinking about arguing with him now?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm choosing not to comment on Kirstie's Top Gear reference... :/

Ky

comment?