Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

You Call That Thing Cute?

It was a normal morning at the good ole Rockstar offices. I was just chatting with a few of my fellow co-workers, thinking that it was just going to be another calm morning. But then a loud… loud voice echoed through the hallway.

“KYLEE!” my best friend, Kirstie, shouted as she walked closer.

“Kirsten,” I said through loosely gritted teeth playfully as I pulled her into my office. “Do you want everyone in greater L.A. to hear you?” I asked, trying to hold in my laughter. I don’t want to egg her on!

“Well, everyone in here knows I’m crazy, so that doesn’t matter, but… I guess you don’t want your present,” she sang in a teasing way.

“Should I be afraid?” I giggled, trying to sneak a peak behind her back.

“No,” she grinned while shaking her head and then bringing a can of Rockstar from behind her back.

“Kirstie, no offense, but I have a whole case over there. We work for Rockstar; we get them free,” I smiled at her.

“But I brought you one because I love you,” she grinned back in her own dorky way.

“Well, I love you too, but I need to go back to work,” I returned her smile before sitting down at my desk.

“Alright, fine, just kick me out. Whatever, I don’t care,” she playfully grumbled while heading out the door, leaving me to my giggles as I shook my head.

Oh that girl… I’ve never met anyone like her in the world… and I’m taking that as a good thing. She’s a tad bit on the crazy side, but it’s the good crazy. I’m pretty sure she’s not going to go on a killing spree anytime soon. It’s Kirstie and she’s my best friend.

But I’m Kylee! I’m twenty-three and work as a graphic designer at the wonderful Rockstar Energy offices. It’s fun. Design was always my calling. I just knew it. Kirstie and I actually met in an art class. This sprung over into digital art classes and then, what do you know? We’re going to college for the same thing and even got jobs at Rockstar together… How awesome is that? I love it. I get to see my best friend everyday when I come into the office.

As I was working on a new t-shirt design, since all the other ones suck, my phone buzzed that I had placed on my desk. I rolled my eyes at the number that appeared and went right on working. Men aren’t important right now.

But once I went back to work, someone walked into my office. When I looked up, I saw Kirstie… with a guy. He was… gorgeous. I’m not going to lie. Who are you and why don’t I know your name?

“Don’t be rude, Kirst, introduce us,” the scruffy guy said once he looked over at Kirstie… Yeah, Kirstie, introduce us!

“Todd, this is Kylee. Kylee, this is Todd Potter. Don’t be scared away by his scruffy and unattractive face though,” she snickered, making me giggle softly.

Obviously, I know the name Todd Potter. But I never bothered with looking at the guy. And I’m sorry I never took a glance before. I can’t keep my eyes off of this one.

“Well, you aren’t anything to take a second glance at either, shorty,” he shot back while rolling his gorgeous dark brown eyes.

“It’s nice to met you,” I butted in with smile while holding my hand out for his.

“Wanna come to a barbeque?” he asked, making a giggle get caught in my throat. Off to the side I saw Kirstie smack her hand against her forehead. Oh dear…

“Well, you’re forward aren’t’ you?” I teased with a smirk teasing it’s way across my lips.

“Yep,” he smirked back… and I thought it was cute.

“There’s a new guy on the Mulisha and they want me to meet him, but I told Todd I was having dinner with you tonight, so then he invited you to come,” Kirstie explained since Todd was too busy eyeing me. PIG!

“Alright, I’ll come if Kirstie’s going to be there,” I replied, looking at Todd as I spoke, causing a huge bright white grin to come over his face.

“Why just her? I’m going to be there too,” he chimed in. His cockiness is starting to get to me… sexy or not sexy.

“I don’t know if there’s enough room for me at this little barbeque…” I started. “Your ego seems to be hogging all of the space,” I teased, making him roll his eyes.

“You’ll have fun… promise. If you don’t have fun, you don’t have to talk to me ever again,” he grinned cockily.

“I’m holding you to that,” I told him while crossing my arms.

“I’ll see you tonight, sweetheart,” he said with a wink before turning and leaving.

Once my door shut, Kirstie let out a loud sigh. I just smiled and plopped back down in my chair.

“I’m sorry… he wanted to meet you since I talk about you and…” she started.

“It’s ok… he’s… kind of cute,” I grinned.

She looked at me for a few seconds without blinking. It was so hard to keep a straight face.

“Cute? You call that thing cute?” she shot back, making me lose it.

“It’s not like I’m going to get with him… he’s just cute,” I told her. “Besides, men haven’t been my strong point lately,” I sighed.

“Aw… the four date guy didn’t work out?” she asked while taking a few steps closer.

I just made a face at her giving her my answer. I’ve been ‘dating’ this guy… I made it such a big deal that we made it to date four… especially with how busy he was and how I am. But… that’s the thing. We were too busy for each other so… it wasn’t going to work out. Yet, he still tries and texts me!

“Todd’s a good guy though… he’s just cocky… and not very good looking,” Kirstie teased.

“I’m not looking for a boyfriend!” I groaned.

“I have a feeling he’s going to woo you though,” she smirked before she turned to the door.

“He will not,” I argued.

She just smiled at me before leaving. Once she was gone I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. I knew my eyes would get me into trouble. I keep looking at guys way too much. It’s been happening a lot lately too. But this is just a little barbeque… with a cute guy… and probably tons more cute guys. Nothing could go wrong…
♠ ♠ ♠
and I agree with Kirstie... you guys should comment :)

Ky