Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

Listen To Your Heart

Kirstie likes Josh! I so saw that coming. And I’m pretty darn sure he likes her too. I mean… just watch them for two point five seconds. It makes me queasy!

Shortly after she left, my gorgeous boyfriend came in. From the second I saw his face, I knew he was in a bad mood. This has been happening a lot lately. I don’t know what’s up with him. Usually, I can talk him down. Lets give this a try…

“What’s wrong, Toddie Bear?” I asked with a smile as I hooked my arms around him, leaving a soft kiss on his cheek.

“I suck,” he muttered in a grumpy tone.

“Did you have a bad day on your dirt bike, baby?” I cooed while pouting my bottom lip out.

“Yes,” he mumbled.

I shot him a look, but he never saw it. I’m trying to be nice to the guy, but he’s not making it very easy. He’s not gong to be awesome at riding all the time. Everyone has bad days. Apparently, he’s been having more of them lately.

“Well, what do you want me to do to fix it?” I asked, losing my niceness… just a little.

“I don’t know,” he sighed.

“Toddie,” I cooed, holding him tighter.

“I just want to be with you tonight,” he countered while looking up at me.

I tried to form words, but it was as if my brain wasn’t functioning right now. I may have already made plans with someone tonight… and I haven’t exactly told Todd yet.

“Why do I have a feeling you already made plans?” he asked, eyeing me oddly.

“I kind of… did,” I cringed playfully. “But you can stay here and when I get back I can make you feel better,” I told him while leaving multiple kisses on his cheek.

“But I want my girlfriend,” he whined cutely.

“I’ll be back in a few hours though,” I assured him.

“Promise?” he asked through a pout.

“I promise, baby,” I told him with my own pouty lips before I gave him a quick kiss.

Once I got up to get changed, he let out a groan. I just smiled and went on to do my thing. After I was ready, I went downstairs and saw Todd pouting on the couch. It was so cute though. I walked around and sat next to him, hooking my arms around him.

“You behave,” I teased.

“I don’t like how you’re dressed,” he taunted right back.

“Why?” I asked through a giggle.

“It’s sexy,” he grinned.

“I’ll be back in a few hours,” I told him before I got up, leaving him groaning on the couch.

I wanted to stay, but… I had plans. As I was driving down the street, I let out a few sighs. I didn’t like doing this. I feel like I’m lying to Todd… indirectly. But I still drove all the way into the city to a restaurant. Once I walked in, the hostess led me to a table where… Tanner was waiting.

“You look gorgeous,” he smiled as he stood and pulled me in for a hug.

“Thanks,” I grinned through a smile before he pulled out my chair for me.

Once we were both seated, we started talking. To my surprise, it didn’t get awkward at all. This is totally a first for us. I actually… enjoyed talking to him. I was really sad when the night came to an end and he was walking me to my car though. As I stood in front of the driver’s door, I gave him a pouty look.

“Aw,” he cooed before he pulled me into his chest. “We can always hang out again,” he went on softly.

“I know,” I sighed once we parted.

“Why don’t you seem too happy?” he questioned, looking at me with those sparkling blue eyes.

“It’s just… nothing,” I pushed out.

“I’m always here for you, Ky,” he told me while grabbing onto my hand to give it a squeeze.

“Thanks, Tan,” I told him with a small smile.

“If you need anything, just call,” he went, pulling me into another hug and giving my cheek a quick kiss.

“Night, Tanner,” I smiled as he walked off.

He returned my words before I lowered myself into my car. On the way back home, I kept thinking about tonight. I probably should have stayed in with my boyfriend. I should have! But I didn’t… I hate that I keep thinking about what Tanner and I could have been. Don’t get me wrong though, Todd is an amazing guy… I just can’t help what my mind things sometimes. To try and help my brain, I called Kirstie on my way home.

“Hey,” she answered, sounding like her happy self.

“Hey, you’re not busy or anything are you?” I asked, hoping she was so I wouldn’t have to share my dilemma with her… about one of her good friends!

“No, I’m just watching Beauty and the Beast. Josh got it for me today,” she said through a grin.

“Aw,” I cooed, knowing that her face was turning red right now.

“Shut up! Did you call me just to tease me about him? I knew I shouldn’t have talked to you about that!” she groaned teasingly.

“No… I uh… have a friend that needs some advice and I don’t know how to tell her,” I pushed out.

“Uh huh,” she said in a knowing way. “What does this friend have going on?” she asked, making me roll my eyes.

“She’s really confused. She dated this guy a few months back, but nothing came of it. But now she’s met an awesome guy. She just can’t seem to let the guy she dated before go… she keeps wondering if something more amazing than what she has now could have happened,” I sighed.

“You’re thinking about leaving Todd for Tanner?” she shot back, seeming more shocked than anything.

“No one said anything about me, Todd, or Tanner!” I groaned.

“But…” she started.

“I just don’t know what to do, Kirstie,” I went on once I was in my driveway and ran my hand through my hair.

“Ok, I’m trying not to be biased…” she tried to start.

“But you’re going to be,” I finished for her.

“No… I just think you should be with someone closer to your age…” she trailed off.

I couldn’t find words. I just let out another sigh and shut my car off.

“But ultimately, it’s up to you… Don't listen to the world, they say we're never gonna make it. Don't listen to your friends. They would've never let us start…” she went on to sing, making me smile.

“Don't listen to the voices in your head, listen to your heart,” I finished. One of my favorite songs from my favorite bands.

“Exactly!” she said excitedly.

“Alright, thanks, Kirst,” I smiled while rubbing my hand over my face.

“You’re welcome, Ky. Anytime,” she went on before we said our goodbyes.

I sat in my car for a few extra minutes before I went inside. I thought I would find Todd still pouting. But he was lying on the couch, sleeping. I didn’t have the heart to wake him. I slipped my shoes off and grabbed a blanket. I curled up next to him while covering the two of us. Before I rested my head on his chest, I gave his forehead a soft kiss that made his long eyelashes twitch. He never opened his gorgeous eyes though. I kind of wished he would have, but… I just fell asleep with him… once my mind was finally at ease.
♠ ♠ ♠
Which one? Todd or Tanner? Tanner or Todd? haha i found that fitting... and so ironic that both of their names start with T lol

Ky

comment?