Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

This Cupcake?

As I walked into the Rockstar building that morning, I was still on my little emotional high from yesterday. Yes, I actually woke up happy… and I didn’t even need caffeine! It amazed me. Tanner even called me this morning just to tell me good morning. How cute is that?

Once I walked into my office and turned on the lights, I stopped short. I could barely see to the other side of the wall. It was that decorated. How am I going to get anything done this morning? But as I walked in, I saw pictures of Kirstie and I… I should have known. This has Kirstie written all over it. I rolled my eyes with a smile as I started taking the pictures off of my wall.

Each and every one of them brought back a memory though. I made sure to keep them nice and safe once I laid them on my desk. Right in front of my computer was a yummy looking cupcake. I was ready to eat it, but there was a present next to it… along with a card. Should I be scared?

I skipped the card once I saw it wasn’t as nicely written as Kirstie’s handwriting should be. Once I opened the present, I smiled. It was a picture of Kirstie and I from our high school graduation in a decorative frame. On the side was a cute little friends poem that brought tears to my eyes once I read through it. Darn it, Kirstie!

Once my eyes were clear, I made room for it on my desk and leaned all the other pictures against it… and then turn my attention to the card. Just the way my name was written off center on the envelope made me have second thoughts about opening it… but I did.

It was made out of construction paper… red construction paper with white construction paper cut out to form the words I’m sorry. I honestly thought it was from Todd and he put Kirstie up to doing all of this. And I was happy I hadn’t eaten that cupcake yet. If it were Todd, who knows what he’d put in it? But once I opened it, chicken scratch filled the page… it hurt my eyes to read it!

‘Kylee,
I just wanted to say that I’m sorry. I know now that telling Todd things that I wasn’t even sure were true was wrong. But you would probably do the same thing for Kirstie if you saw me with some other chick. It’s just a friends thing and I don’t want you to think it’s personal. I honestly don’t know you enough to have an opinion about you. But from what Kirstie’s told me, you’re a great person. I hope I get to know the person that you really are some time in the near future.
-Josh


I still wanted to be mad at the guy, but… no one’s really done this before. They’ve never ticked me off like he has and then made a card for me. I let his words sink in as I finished off cleaning up my office so I could work. I left a few streamers up and moved the balloons around to give the room more color.

Once I was finished, I walked down to Kirstie’s office, but she wasn’t there. I wanted her to be! As I walked back to my office, I let out a heavy sigh. The one time I actually wanted to see my best friend and she’s not there. But once I reached my office, there was someone sitting in my chair… about to eat my yummy looking cupcake!

“Tanner Foust! I don’t care how yummy you are. You put down my yummy cupcake!” I told him once I shut my door.

“This cupcake?” he asked pointing to the cake snack.

“Yes, it’s mine. Kirstie made it for me,” I told him in a matter of fact way.

“We can share,” he smirked.

“It’s mine,” I shot at him, making him chuckle.

He went to put it in his mouth to take a bite, but I snatched it away from him. He sent me a look just as I took a bite of heaven. Yummy.

“What are you doing here anyway?” I asked once he pulled me onto his lap.

“I figured I would personally request a design for an amazing poster,” he smiled brightly.

“For what? I just made you one,” I shot back in confusion.

“Next weekend’s my last drifting event. I’m leading the points, so… I need a champion poster made,” he sighed in a cocky way.

“Oh, really?” I asked, raising my eyebrow at him.

He nodded his head and then opened his mouth to say something, but I shoved the last bite of my cupcake into his mouth. It was so funny! I nearly fell off of his lap from laughter.

“That wasn’t funny,” he choked out after he swallowed hard.

“But it was cute,” I smiled once I left a soft kiss on his lips. “Now, get out. I have to work!” I went on while trying to pull him out of my chair.

“Work on my poster,” he said over his shoulder as I pushed him to the door.

“Yeah, yeah,” I told him once he was in the hallway.

“Bye, baby,” he grinned just before I shut the door.

I shouted a bye to him as I walked back to my chair. All throughout the morning, I kept trying to call Kirstie to see if she was in her office yet… she never was! Urg, I wanted to talk to her! The more calls I made, caused me to want Tanner back so I could admire his yumminess… preferable while he ate a yummy cupcake.

But I did have work to do and sadly it didn’t involve me being on the phone… or staring at my boyfriend while he ate a sugary treat. I have a feeling my focus isn’t going to be the greatest today.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think we may be building a little anticipation, Kirstie lol... maybe we should stop haha

Ky and Tanny :)

comment?