Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

Touchy Subject?

“Kirstie!” I shouted once as I walked into her house.

Of course her and Josh were making out on the couch. Spare me please! But they quickly pulled away from each other and tried to play it off like they weren’t doing anything. Are you kidding me?

“Hey, Ky… what’s up?” she asked while scooting away from Josh.

“I get the pleasure of walking around a moto demo and passing out posters,” I said through gritted teeth as I plopped down on a chair.

And…” Kirstie started, obviously not getting it.

“Todd’s going to be at the moto demo!” I snapped… just a little. “I haven’t talked to him since…” I trailed off, hoping they got it.

“Oh,” Josh replied.

“Yeah… Tanner said he’d try to make it out, but his schedule is cramed since he’s getting ready for his last drifting event,” I sighed.

“Do you want us to come?” Kirstie asked, being the kind friend that she is.

“No… Todd’s your guys’ friend too. I don’t want you guys to feel torn between who you should talk to,” I countered, being truthful.

“We’ll go if you want us too,” Josh spoke up.

“I’m not going to make you guys go. But I don’t want you guys to feel like you can’t talk to Todd. What happened between us is between us. It has nothing to do with you two,” I told them.

“We know. And we’re going,” Kirstie smiled while getting to her feet, pulling Josh with her.

I tried to hold in a laugh, but it just wasn’t happening. Josh actually drove all of us to the moto event. On the way there, the only thing that I could think of is why… Why did I open my big mouth and say I would work as a promoter at any event? I’m too nice of a person that’s why!

But when we got there, I couldn’t stay and converse with Josh and Kirstie. I had to work. Know where it started? At the Rockstar tent. Know who was there? Todd! I glanced at him once… on accident. After that, I just grabbed my posters and went to walk away, but he just had to say something.

“You’re just going to ignore me?” he asked.

“I really don’t have anything to say to you, so…” I trailed off with a shrug.

My response left him staring at me dumbfounded for some reason. Whatever. I wasn’t staying around so that he could get all cocky on me and make me feel like crap for something that I didn’t do.

Kirstie actually caught up with me later on and handed out posters with me. She told me a lot about her and Josh. Even though we haven’t gotten along much, I did like the guy for her. He seems really sweet and every time Kirstie talks about him, she gets this little glow to her… and her face turns red.

“So, what about you?” she asked after she had been babbling about Josh for forever.

“What about me?” I asked, not really wanting to share too much. I’m not too sure how she feels about Tanner. I mean… Todd is her friend. The only thing she really knows about Tanner is that he’s my boyfriend and… he’s older.

“Tell me about Tanner,” she said countered with this excited buzz to her… that she always seems to have.

“What do you want to know?” I chuckled out.

“I don’t know… what do you see in that old man that I don’t?” she asked through her own giggle

“He’s not an old man!” I shot at her, but I couldn’t keep a laugh out of my voice.

“He’s what? Fifty?” she teased.

“Thirty-seven,” I corrected her.

“And you’re twenty-three! That’s how many years? It’s more than ten,” she poked, but she had a teasing tone in her voice. I wasn’t offended.

“Fourteen,” I muttered through a chuckle.

“Wow,” she giggled.

“Shut up. He doesn’t look it. He’s cute!” I shot back, pushing her playfully.

“At least he’s not bear like,” she mumbled.

“He’s got a cute baby face,” I sighed happily.

“Oh, gag me. I don’t want to know about him if you keep having that goo goo look in your eyes,” she teased.

“Hey, I had to put up with you and your Josh babble!”

“But Josh is cute… and not old!

“Whatever. I think my man’s sexy and that’s all that matters,” I gave up.

“That’s why he’s not here and my man is,” she had to throw out there.

“HE’S TESTING!” I groaned.

“Touchy subject?” she grinned with that stupid look on her face.

“Shut up, Kirstie,” I shot at her, but we both giggled.

I honestly didn’t think passing out posters at an event would be this much fun… one that my ex-boyfriend is at either. I think Kirstie and I needed this little moment though. I just hope she can accept Tanner. Tanner didn’t seem to have anything negative to say about her. Only time can tell, I guess. I just hope it’s a positive thing. Negativity is something I would love to avoid in Tanner and I’s relationship.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha that's kind of mean though....

Everyone

comment?