Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

Not Smashed

After all the awards were given out, we got to enjoy the wonderous sounds of Weezer… All Time Low would have been better, but this was Kirstie’s project. Tanner and I kind of stood in the back though. I’m not too sure he’s a huge fan of music. He’s never talked to me about it. Every time I ask him what he listens to, he’s jus like I listen to a lot of stuff… how generic, Tanner!

But I still enjoyed it. Some people were getting a tad crazy though. But then again it’s a Metal Mulisha party. I kind of… clung more to Tanner once I saw this though. I saw Todd a few times and he didn’t look the most sober. He’s always scared me a little when he drinks excessively. Tanner sensed my shifts in moods though. He’s just that amazing.

“Do you want to head out?” he asked softly with his arm around my shoulders.

“Please,” I countered quietly.

He sent me a small smile before he left a soft kiss on my forehead. It brought my smile across too as we started for the door. I didn’t really want to leave Kirstie like this, but… I’m starting to really feel uncomfortable. I told myself I would send her a text once we got back into the car. But when Tanner and I were in each other’s arms in the back of the limo, I couldn’t find my phone. And I didn’t have my purse. My phone is in my purse! URG! I left it inside!

“I’ll go get it,” Tanner said as he tried to climb out.

“No, I’m not sure where I left it,” I sighed before I pushed myself to my feet.

Tanner gave my hand a squeeze before he let go. His actions made me smile. But just before I walked back inside, my smile quickly faded. Todd was walking out too. Once his glassy eyes fell on me, a huge smirk came across his scruffy face.

“Hey, baby,” he said while hooking his arm around my shoulders as he stepped back inside with me.

“Todd, we’ve been broken up for quite a few months now. I think the baby thing should really stop,” I told him while brushing his arm off.

“How’s life?” he completely ignored my comment and returned his arm around me.

“Fine,” I shot back, trying to push his arm back off, but he kept it right there.

“How’s Tanner,” he slurred out with a little hint of anger in his words.

“Not smashed,” I threw back as I walked to the table that Tanner and I were sitting at… and my purse was there! YES!

“What are you talking about?” he said in his drunken way.

“He’s not a drunken mess like you!” I shouted at him, finally pushing him off of me. I swear I was going to throw up from the stench of alcohol coming off of him.

“I’m not drunk!” he shot back, taking a few steps closer to me, causing me to step back into the room with all the tables… were no one was.

I started backpedaling until I hit a booth and fell into it. As I tried to work my way up and sprint back out to Tanner, Todd stood right in front of me, blocking me from my escape.

“Todd, let me up,” I tried to say as sternly as possible, but a panic filled my voice.

“Have I ever told you how sexy you are?” he smirked before he bent down to tower over me.

“Todd, we’re not together. You can’t say that,” I tried pushing him away while he lowered himself on top of me.

“I’ll make you wish we were together,” he attempted to say lowly into my ear.

But all I could smell was alcohol pouring off of his breath. It made my eyes water and nearly gag. As I was caught up in this, Todd started leaving kisses on my neck. I tried so hard to push him off of me, but he’s a solid guy. Pushing him is like pushing a brick wall!

“Todd, stop,” I pleaded as he continued to leave kisses on my skin.

He kept right on going though. The more I fought against him, the more he tightened his grip around my waist, making tears gloss over my eyes. I didn’t know what to do! I tried digging my phone out of my purse, but once I brought it up, Todd knocked it out of my hands, sending it crashing to the hard floor. Tanner’s number was on speed dial though. I managed to get that number punched in and thought I hit send before it fell… but the screen went blank on impact. Tanner, I need you now more than ever.

“Please, Todd… stop,” I pushed out just as a stream of tears trickled down my face.

This didn’t faze him though. He brought his kisses form my next and tried connecting our lips. It took everything I had to keep my lips off of his. I just wanted this to stop. I wanted Tanner to come and save… at this point, I would be happy if anyone would just walk by and see that this was wrong… all wrong.

Just when I thought I couldn’t fight any longer, I heard that voice. Even though I was in this horrible situation, just hearing that voice put me at ease.

“Get off of her!” Tanner yelled.

Within that same instant, Todd was thrown to the floor. I wanted so badly to run into his arms and stay there forever, but Todd tried fighting back. I never took Tanner as the fighting type. It scared me seeing Todd take a step towards him. But Tanner got one good punch right to his nose. It stunned Todd and caused blood to trickle down from it. It also gave enough time to have people come in and keep Todd away from Tanner. While this was going on, Tanner hurried to my side. Once he hooked his arms around me, I started bawling uncontrollably.

“Sh, it’s ok. I’m here. I’m going to take you home,” he said softly while rubbing my back gently.

My sobbing quieted some before he lifted me up and carried me back out to the limo. I heard Kirstie ask if I was ok. I didn’t bother to look up from Tanner’s shoulder. I just wanted to get out of here. I stayed in Tanner’s arms, crying the rest of the way. We didn’t go back to my house though. We stopped at Tanner’s house.

He went on to carry me inside and right up to his room. Tears were still falling as he gently placed me on his bed. He went into his closet and pulled out a few things before he came back over and laid a shirt and a pair of shorts next to me while a small smile came across his face.

“It’ll be ok. No one’s going to get you here,” he said softly while kissing the top of my head.

I nodded my head and reached up to wipe my tears away. We stayed this way for a few more seconds before I went into the bathroom to get changed and clean my face off. Once that was finished about ten minutes later, I slowly crawled into bed, keeping a little distance between Tanner and I.

“Ky, talk to me,” he said softly while reaching over to rub my back.

“I’m sorry,” I wheezed out as tears built up again.

“No, babe. Come here,” he cooed while scooting closer to hold me.

I started crying against his bare chest this time. Soft hushes came out of him while his hands ran up and down my back.

“I’m not accusing you of anything,” he spoke softly.

“But he kissed me,” I croaked out.

“Right… he kissed you… against your wishes. No of this is your fault,” he went on while looking into my eyes.

“I love you,” I sniffled.

“I love you too, baby,” he smiled, kissing my forehead to bring a small smile out of me.

It’s amazing how those five little words from him can make me feel so much better. I made sure I stayed cuddled in his arms. I felt safe there. No one could do anything to me when his arms are hooked tightly around me. This guy amazes me more and more everyday. I’m so glad he’s the one that always makes me feel better. He’s my Tanny… and I hope he’ll always be.
♠ ♠ ♠
:(
Remember... good things come to those who wait :D just keep remember that! haha

Tanner & Ky

comment?