Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

What Did You Do?

”I’m dreaming in the evening. I’m dreaming all through the night. And when I’m dreaming I know that it’s alright. Whoo hoo oh!” I sang along to Weezer as Josh and I were dancing.

Everyone was drinking which made me feel uncomfortable but I focused only on Josh. I got a little tired of dancing though because I had been pretty much dancing for the past couple hours so Josh and I sat down at an empty table. A few minutes later a heavily buzzed Todd stumbled over to our table.

“Wanna drink Kirstie,” Todd slurred out while holding his almost empty cup out to me.

“No,” I simply replied.

“Aw, but you’re the host. You gotta have something,” He insisted.

“No, I’m not the host that’s Rockstar. I put it together and I was the MC, big difference,” I battled.

“Don’t you still want something?” He pressed.

“Todd you know I don’t drink,” I said.

“Why not?” He questioned, wrinkling up his nose as the stench of alcohol exuded from him.

“You know why,” I reminded him.

“Enlighten me again,” He slurred while sitting down.

“Todd,” I sighed while pinching the bridge of my nose. “I have a long history of alcoholics in my family and I’m afraid if I start drinking I would have a hard time stopping so I prefer not even to try it.”

“Doesn’t it smell good?” He asked me while holding it out to me.

“Frankly, no. I think it looks and smells disgusting and you know what’s even more disgusting? What it does to good guys like yourself. Look what it turns you into,” I shot at him.

“Todd, I think you should go,” Josh said. “Do you want me to drive you home?”

“I don’t want to go home yet,” He pouted.

“Well tell me when you do, I’ll take you home. I don’t want you driving, okay?” Josh told him before he disappeared.

A while later Josh and I were ready to leave so we went to find Todd so we could get him home safely.

“Josh…. I found him,” I said as I pointed to some people holding Todd, whose nose was bleeding, and an angry looking Tanner who was ushering off a distraught Kylee.

“What’s wrong? Is Kylee okay?” I asked Tanner.

He nodded his head then walked out with her tucked under his arms.

“Todd, what did you do?” I immediately shot at him.

“I just tried to kiss her,” He innocently replied through his drunken slur.

I wanted to yell at him but I knew he was drunk and he wouldn’t remember anyway. Josh came over and put an arm around Todd while leading him out to the truck. He helped Todd in before helping me in as well then getting in the drivers seat.

The whole way to Todd’s house he ran his mouth. of course He told us everything that went on with Kylee and it sounds like he really forced himself on her. As I glanced at Josh, he seemed to think that same thing.

We finally got to Todd’s house and Josh helped him inside. I stayed in the car. As I mulled over what happened…or whatever Todd told us…. I thought of something I’ve tried really hard to forget, Austin.

“You okay?” Josh asked once he got back into the truck.

“Yeah, I’m alright. Just thinking,” I sighed.

“About what?”

“…..Austin. What Todd did tonight reminded me of him,” I told him. “What is it with Kylee and I? Are we cursed or something?”

“Cursed with amazing personalities that make guys fall for you,” Josh softly replied while reaching over and taking my hand in his. “Wanna stay at my house tonight?”

“Please,” I croaked as tears glossed my eyes.

“Hold those tears in until we get to my house and I can hold you,” Josh smiled.

I did my best to but those ugly memories came flooding back to me. When we got to Josh’s house, he picked me up and carried me inside. He took me upstairs and he sat on his bed while cradling me in his arms.

“I haven’t thought of Austin in so long and tonight, all the sudden those memories and feelings, and all the pain came back,” I cried. “I felt so betrayed by him and I haven’t really thought about any of it since it happened.”

“I’m so sorry Kirstie. No guy should ever treat a girl that way but I’m glad he’s out of your life,” Josh said while holding me.

“What he did to me just…hurt. Physically but a lot emotionally,” I confided in him.

“Well you don’t have to worry about him,” Josh soothed while stroking my hair. “I won’t ever let him or anyone else hurt you.”

“I’m so glad you were there to heal me after that,” I sighed while falling farther into his embrace. “You’re my hero in so many ways.”

“I love you Kirstie.”

“I love you too Josh.”

I’m so blessed to have Josh in my life. I don’t know what I’d do without him. He truly is my hero.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah you guys, good things do come, just hold on!!!! TRUST US!!!!!!
I THROW MY HANDS UP IN THE AIR SOMETIMES SAYING EHHH OOHHH! GOTTA LET GO! I WANNA CELEBRATE AND LIVE MY LIFE SAYING EHHH OHH! BABY LET’S GO. WE GONNA ROCK THIS CLUB, WE GONNA GO ALL NIGHT. WE GONNA LIGHT IT UP LIKE ITS DYNAMITE! CAUSE I TOLD YOU ONCE AND I TOLD YOU TWICE, WE GONNA LIGHT IT UP LIKE ITS DYNAMITE! haha i'm listening to that song :D lol

comments???