Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

No Way!

So today I was having Kylee, Tanner and my Uncle Toby over for a Christmas Eve dinner…or so they thought. It’s kind of to announce our engagement. Uncle Toby already knows about the engagement because since Josh asked him for his blessing to marry me. isn’t he the cutest?

“Josh someone’s at the door, will you go get it?” I asked while I was preparing the food.

“Sure baby,” He grinned while leaving.

A few minutes later I heard footsteps coming into the room and my Uncle Toby appeared.

“Congratulations Kirstie. I’m so happy for you and Josh,” He smiled while hugging me.

“I’m happy too,” I beamed. ”That must be Kylee!” I squealed when I heard the doorbell rang again.

Josh answered the door again and Kylee and Tanner came in and said hi but then everyone went and sat down at the table as I brought out all the food.

“It looks delicious, Kirstie,” Tanner smiled as I sat down next to Josh.

“Yeah, it does,” Kylee agreed.

“How was your day with your family?” I asked.

“It was good,” She told me.

All of us dished up our food but before anyone ate Josh spoke up.

“We have something to tell you before we start eating,” He smiled.

“What?” Kylee asked.

“Well….” Josh started while smiling over at me.

”We’re getting married!” I squealed while lifting my hand up from underneath the table and showing her.

”NO WAY!” She squealed just as loudly.

The two of us got up and shared a big hug before both of us simultaneously let out a squeal and all the guys laughed at us.

“I’m so happy for you and the little greaser!” Kylee grinned.

“Yeah, that’s cool for you guys. Congratulations,” Tanner added.

“I’m so excited!” I beamed.

“I’m excited for you guys,” Uncle Toby smiled over at us.

“So when’s the wedding?” Kylee buzzed.

“I don’t know, we only got engaged yesterday,” I giggled.

“You guys should get married in Vegas,” Tanner suggested.

That brought all of us into laughter.

The rest of the night we all chatted it up and Kylee and Tanner had a lot of fun teasing us, especially my Joshie. He’s so cute, how can you tease that adorable guy? Eventually they had to leave but they were coming back bright and early in the morning to open presents at my house since it was the most decorated for Christmas.

“See ya’ tomorrow morning,” I smiled while hugging both of them. “I can’t wait to give you guys your presents.”

“Me too!” Kylee buzzed. “I’m so happy for you and your Joshie though, that’s great.”

“Thanks,” Josh spoke up while putting his arm around me.

We exchanged a few more words before they left. Josh and I walked back into the living room where Uncle Toby was sitting, holding something in his hands. It looked like an envelope.

“What’s that?” I asked as I sat next to him and Josh plopped himself next to me.

“A letter,” He stated.

“Who’s it from?” I questioned.

“Well it’s for you and it’s from….it’s from…your dad,” He softly said.

“My dad?” I asked, immediately enthralled by his words. “Where is he? When did this come? Can I find him?”

“Oh wow, it’s kind of late. I should get going but I’ll explain everything to you later. Don’t open that letter yet though,” He said.

“When can I?” I asked him.

“Tomorrow night, when I come back to get together for Christmas. I’ll tell you everything then,” Uncle Toby said before giving Josh and I each a hug then leaving.

“I don’t even know what to say, or think, or feel right now,” I sighed after he left. I fell onto the couch next to Josh and gazed at the envelope.

“I wish I had some good words for you right now but I can’t think of anything,” Josh said.

“Just hold me,” I sighed again.

“Come here, honey,” he cooed while opening his arms and cradling me comfortably.

“I want to know about my parents. I want to know where they are and why they weren’t with me,” I told him.

“I wish I could make it better,” Josh said while rubbing my back.

“You are just by being here,” I told him.

“I love you,” He smiled.

“I love you too,” I replied while we shared a big kiss.

The curiosity ate at me the rest of the night. I wanted to open it so bad. That little envelope held so much curiosity but also a lot of hurt and pain that came along with growing up not having your parents around. I had so many questions swarming in my head, but the most prevalent one was, Where is my dad?
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah you probably should tell the story :D

everyone!