Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

I’m Not Convinced

Today was Keegan’s competition and I was super pumped for him. I know he’ll do awesome and even if he doesn’t, it’ll still amaze me. He’s such a good guy and he’s worked so hard, I sincerely hope he wins and gets one step closer to becoming pro. He deserves it.

“I’m going to miss you,” Josh sighed.

“I’ll miss you too baby. But I’ll be back soon and today you’ll be riding your cute little self around on your bike, practicing away,” I said while rubbing my hands up and down his arms that were loosely around my waist.

“But I’ll still miss you,” He pouted out his lower lip and gave me the cutest puppy dog look.

“You’ll have fun today practicing,” I tried to cheer him up.

“I’d have more fun if you were with me,” Josh countered while nuzzling his nose into the crook of my neck.

“I know but Keegan asked me to be at his competition and I want to be there for him. This is really big for him,” I told Josh.

“I know,” he sighed. Just then Tanner honked the horn, telling me he was ready to go.

“There’s Tanner,” I stated. “I’ll be back tomorrow afternoon. I love you Joshie.”

“I love you too sweetheart,” He said while connecting our lips together.

A few minutes later once we separated, I grabbed my coat and gave Josh one more little kiss before getting into Tanner’s car. Yeah, we’re riding over together since we’ll be staying the same amount of time and all. that’s if we don’t kill each other on the way over. Just kidding! I like Tanner even if he is a nerd.

“Hey,” Tanner smiled over at me.

“Hola me amigo,” I replied then started singing, ” Hey ho, let's go. Hey ho, let's go. They're forming in a straight line. They're going through a tight wind. The kids are losing their minds. The Blitzkrieg Bop. They're piling in the back seat. They're generating steam heat. Pulsating to the back beat. The Blitzkrieg Bop.”

I was just about to start the next line when Tanner cut me off.

“Okay, I think that’s enough. I’m sorry but the Ramones drive me nuts,” Tanner shook his head.

“That’s because you don’t appreciate good music,” I replied.

I do too! It’s you that doesn’t have good taste in music. I mean, you like the Beatles, that just says it all,” He rolled his eyes.

“Yeah it does say everything. It says I have great taste in music!” I battled with a laugh, thinking I had won. All it did was start a whole battle between the two of us.

Tanner and I talked about this the entire hour and a half ride over to Big Bear. Whatever, Tanner’s wrong and I know it.

Now, you’re probably wondering why Josh didn’t come. Well obviously he kind of wasn’t really invited but… Josh also thought that if he showed up with us before the competition and all he might be distracting or take the focus off of Keegan and today was his day.

“No, the Beatles were just druggies,” Tanner battled as we walked into the house.

“But what band isn’t?” I countered while raising an eyebrow.

“Kirstie,” I heard Keegan’s voice say. I turned and saw him standing with Kylee. “I’m glad you came.”

“Of course I came,” I smiled while pulling him in for the biggest hug. “I wouldn’t miss this for anything.”

“I’m surprised you didn’t come tucked under Josh’s arm,” Keegan mumbled out.

“Well he didn’t want to distract you or take any focus off of you since it’s your special day today,” I told him.

“Oh,” was all he said. “Well thanks for coming. It means a lot to me that you’re here.”

”Awww,” Kylee and Tanner cooed.

“It’s so cute that you’re in love with my best friend,” Ky teased while pinching his bright red cheek.

“I’m not in love with her,” He grumbled while pushing her hand away.

“You’re so cute Keegan,” I smiled while lightly nudging him, making a small smile come across his face.

“Are you ready for your competition?” Tanner asked him.

“I think so… well I hope so anyway,” He nervously said while rubbing the back of his neck.

We hopped on the snowmobiles and headed up to where the competition was being held. Practice was just starting and Keegan was killing it. He’s going to win, I’m calling it now! Once he finished his third practice run I saw him sitting over by a few other snowboarders.

“I want to go see my bro,” Kylee said while getting up from her seat and grabbing Tanner and my hands, dragging us that way.

“You did so good Keegs,” Ky grinned while giving him a hug once we made it over to him.

“That was super cool,” Tanner piped in.

“No, that was AMAZING!” I squealed while jumping up and down, making Keegan laugh.

We kept on embarrassing talking him up for a few minutes. The practicing was coming to an end and the competition was nearing its start so Kylee and Tanner went and sat back down. I stuck around for a minute though.

“You’re totally going to win Keegan, I know it,” I beamed.

“You’re so optimistic,” He chuckled.

“Gosh, you chuckled exactly like Josh does,” I smiled.

“Oh yeah, Mr. Wonderful,” Keegan sarcastically mumbled under his breath.

“You really don’t like him do you?” I asked.

“It’s just… he irks me. Josh rubs me the wrong way so no, I guess I don’t like him,” He replied.

“I think it’s because you two are so much alike,” I responded. “I hope you come around to him though. I really love Josh and he’s a sweet guy. I think you two could be really good friends.”

“I don’t know, we’ll see,” Keegan said.

“I hope so,” I sighed. “I love both of you guys and I want you to be friends.”

“Well the competition is about to start,” He spoke up.

“Good luck Keegs. You’re going to do amazing,” I smiled.

“Thanks…. For being here for me,” He smiled right back.

I threw my arms loosely around his neck then gave him a big kiss on his cheek. When I let go I could see his cheeks were bright red. Aww. He’s such a cutie. Like I said before, if he was my age, and I never knew Josh, I’d totally go for him but… I just love my Joshie too much and now Keegan is like my little brother.

“Don’t hurt yourself,” I said, adding a finger point.

“I won’t,” He replied.

“I’m not convinced,” I giggled.

I then went back and took my seat next to Kylee. My excitement built as we waited for Keegan to go. This kid is going to shred, I know it! And I’ll be cheering for him the entire time.
♠ ♠ ♠
it's just....weird.

Kirstie and Keegs