Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

He Is An Old Man

“Whatchya doing?” Tanner asked cutely as he walked into my computer room.

“Making wedding invitations,” I smiled at him once he came over to give me a quick kiss.

“For who?” he shot back, looking at me oddly. Like I would be designing our wedding invitations when he hasn’t even asked me to marry him yet!

“Kirstie and Josh. Look at the picture I used,” I smiled while moving so that he could see the screen.

Not only did they trust me to make their invitations, but they trusted me to take pictures of them too. The one I used was actually the last shot I took. Josh was on his little Honda with Kirstie hanging onto him from behind. Of course I was bent down taking pictures when Josh got the great idea to fling dirt with his back tire. Some how, I was able to get an awesome picture with both of them smiling over their shoulder. To make it more adorable, Kirstie had one of Josh’s jerseys on. I was jealous of how adorable this was… I want ones with Tanner’s car when we get married… if we get married.

“Awesome,” he smiled as if a relief came over his eyes.

“Yep,” I sighed, going back to work on these.

He pulled up a chair and didn’t say anything. An awkwardness filled the room, making me feel wonderful! I wanted to pull my hair out. I hate it.

“How was your day?” I asked after a few minutes of this suckage.

“Good. Did some voice overs for Top Gear,” he replied. “You?” he went on.

“Helping Kirstie with wedding stuff,” I sighed.

“Did you have fun?” he countered.

“Uh huh,” I told him, keeping my eyes on the screen.

“Cool,” he simply said.

This started another awkward silence. Thankfully, I finished the invitations. It gave me an excuse to leave and show Kirstie and Josh. I unhooked my computer and told Tanner goodbye before I went out to my car.

I don’t know what it is with him. But every time anything referring to marriage is brought up, he just shuts down. I don’t get it! I don’t even force it on him and he just shuts himself off. I’m afraid to ask him about it. It may push him away some how. It just frustrates me!

Once I got to Kirstie’s, Josh let me with a small smile. I walked into Kirstie’s living room to find her sitting on the floor with magazines all around her. I sent her a smile before I joined her.

“I got your invitations done,” I told her as I opened my computer and brought the document up.

“Aw, those are cute,” Kirstie smiled as she looked over it.

“I love that picture of you two… even though I got dirt all over me, Joshua,” I shot at Josh, making him laugh.

“That’s a good shot though,” he grinned.

“Does this meet Joshie’s standards?” I asked.

“I like them… I’m surprised you didn’t put anything about being greasy on it,” he teased.

“You know, I was so tempted. But Tanner came over and it was just… awkward,” I sighed.

“Aw, what’d the nerdy do now?” Kirstie asked, trying to hide her giggles.

“He’s just… him,” I laughed at myself.

“Shocking,” Josh added.

“Shut up, Josh!” I shot at him, making him stick his tongue out at me. “He’s just… lately he’s been really shut off. Ever since I’ve been helping you with your wedding, our communication is… horrible. I think he thinks I’m going to pressure him into asking me,” I explained.

“Are you?” Josh butted in again.

“No. I haven’t mentioned anything to him. Like today, I was finishing up this when he came in,” I started, pointing to their invitations. “Once I told him they were wedding invitations, it got… awkward… and I hated it. I couldn’t wait to leave,” I pushed out.

“Well, he is an old man. I’m sure marriage is beyond his brain capacity,” Kirstie teased. For once her old man joke made me laugh.

“I’m starting to believe it has something to do with his age. I’m not even kidding,” I sighed.

“He’s going through a midlife crisis, Ky. Let him go,” she said with a straight face, but I had to giggle.

“Kirstie, how old do you think he is?” I couldn’t help but ask.

“OLD! Like… old, old,” she laughed, making me roll my eyes through a smile.

She went on to tease Tanner a little more. It actually made me feel a little better. It was my comic relief. But I’d feel completely better if Tanner could get over… whatever it is he’s going through. Maybe if I attempt to talk to him it will make things better… But right now, I’m laughing too hard at the jokes Kirstie’s cracking. The Tanner talk can wait a little longer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Keeping my comments to myself.... lol
but you guys shouldn't... you guys should comment :D

Ky