Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

Correction

I was chilling at home on the weekend while watching The Beatles second movie Help! A doorbell rang right as Ringo got sprayed with red paint. I was laughing so hard but managed to choke out a, come in. A moment later Josh plopped down next to me.

“Hey,” I smiled at him.

“Hey, whatcha’ doing?” He asked.

“Just watching a Beatles movie,” I told him.

“You still like them?” Josh chuckled.

“Duh! How could you not?” I giggled.

“How’s your Uncle Toby?” He asked.

“He’s good, still playing in a band. I told him that you and I were hanging out and he totally flipped,” I said to him.

“I love Toby, he rocks,” Josh smiled.

“Yeah, he sure has given me a good life and given up a lot for me too,” I sighed.

I have no clue where my parents are at. Uncle Toby has taken care of me my whole life. He was only 20 years old when he took me in, that’s an awful lot of commitment for a 20 year old especially when it’s not even your own kid. I could never repay him for what he’s done for me.

“How is everything with you? I haven’t seen you in so long,” He stated while putting an arm around my shoulder.

“I’m good, I really am,” I honestly told him. The only thing that sometimes makes me uneasy is Austin, but I won’t go into that. “I’m so glad that I got to have you back in my life. We were such good friends.”

“Correction,” Josh started. “We are such good friends. We never stopped being friends, even if you moved and we didn’t get to see each other.”

“You haven’t changed a bit,” I smiled up at him. “Except the tattoos and your blonde hair is gone…and you’re taller,” I giggled.

“You haven’t changed either, still the same fun, crazy, amazing Kirstie. And you look exactly the same just….taller,” He laughed along with me. “But what up with this Austin dude, why doesn’t anyone like him?”

”I don’t know!” I groaned while falling on my backward on the couch. “It bothers me too, no one has ever really said why. They’re just all he’s a jerk, na na na. They just don’t like him.”

“Maybe they see something you don’t,” He suggested.

“Maybe…” I trailed off. “I hate it that all my friends hate his guts. Seriously, everyone! Uncle Toby thinks he’s awful, Kylee hates him, Todd won’t be in the same room as him and the whole Mulisha hate him too! I don’t know what’s so horrible about him, I like him. I just don’t like that I can’t do anything with my boyfriend and my friends.”

“Do you think you should break up with him?” Josh questioned. “I mean, you don’t seem very happy.”

“I don’t know... what do you think of him?” I asked him while sitting up again.

“Well I’ve barely met him at your office a few days ago and I don’t know if my opinion matters that much,” He shrugged.

“Josh,” I said, putting a hand on his shoulder. “Your opinion means so much to me. You, Uncle Toby, and Kylee are pretty much the only people that I’d go to about really personal stuff…..and Todd…sort of… on certain things. He’s sort of like my brother in a weird way.”

“Okay, well I personally don’t like the guy. From what I’ve heard about him and the vibe I got from him when he came in the office… I just don’t like him,” Josh told me.

I let out a sigh and ran my hand through my hair, “I guess if I have this much conflict I shouldn’t be dating him, huh?”

“Probably.”

“I don’t know if I’m ready to break up with him yet, I’ll give it a while longer, I mean I have been dating the guy for the past six months,” I shrugged.

“Alright, it’s your decision so whatever makes you happy,” He smiled.

“Thanks Josh,” I smiled right back while giving him a big hug. “I’m glad we’re back together.”

“You make us sound like some couple who broke up,” Josh laughed. “But I’m glad we’re back together too.”

We chatted a little while longer before he had to go. I then made some popcorn, sat back down, and started in on my Beatles movie again. But of course! Mr.Potter interrupted me…AND STOLE MY POPCORN!

“Give it back Todd!” I whined.

“I’ll share some with you,” He said while putting a handful in his mouth.

“Well thanks for sharing what you stole from me!” I snickered. “But what are you doing here?”

“Can’t I just come hang out?”

“Nope,” I replied with a giggle. “Just kidding.”

“I actually kind of wanted to…talk about….Kylee,” Todd stuttered. What? Todd Potter stutter? He never stutters!

“What about her? Does my Todder have a crush?” I cooed while pinching his cheeks.

“Stop,” He complained while swatting at my hands. “I do like her…a lot. like a lot, a lot.”

“And what does this have to do with me? Don’t you always like some girl or another?” I said.

“But Kylee’s different!” Todd whined. “I’ve never gotten the feeling I have about her. She makes me….nervous almost. I’m always wanting to impress her and if I ask her out I’m nervous that she’ll say no. Usually I know girls will always say yes because I’m me!”

“Wow, conceited much?” I teased.

“You know what I mean. Usually there’s wannabe girls or the models that just cling to you but Kylee seems… I don’t even know! She makes me feel normal, I just like her.”

“Ask her out!” I urged him while bouncing up and down.

“I’m surprised you want me to ask out your best friend.”

“Well I admit, you are cocky and unattractive but you’re like my brother Todd. And I do think you’re a good guy. Besides, I think Kylee wants a BF even if she doesn’t say so,” I smiled.

“Okay, that’s good. I’m glad you feel that way,” He grinned. “Wait do you know, is she single?”

“Todd,” I shook my friend. “She told you already, yes she is.”

“Interesting because I heard she had a boyfriend,” Todd said.

“What? Who?”

“Me,” He beamed. “I asked her and she said yes.”

AHHH! I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!” I squealed. “What was all that stuff earlier? You made it sound like you hadn’t even asked her on a date.”

“Kirstie, it’s me, of course I asked her on a date,” He chuckled. “What are you watching? I may stick around.”

“Help! It’s a Beatles movie,” I told him.

“See ya!” Todd chuckled while getting up.

I threw a pillow at him before he left. Todd is…. Interesting but I love him like my brother. I’m actually really happy Todd and Kylee are dating. It’s kind of fun having my best friend and my bear like friend date because what if Kylee had a boyfriend I hated…wait…. Kind of like Austin…..
♠ ♠ ♠
Todd is your otter todder potter!

Kirstie, Todders, and Joshie boy