Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

Can You Blame Her?

Since that little incident with Zak and I, we’ve been… closer. Nothing’s happened. I’m still not his girlfriend and still constantly think about Tanner. We went out last night and shared a… yummy kiss. Now when I look at him, I’m all giggles and get a small wave of butterflies in my stomach.

“Hey,” he smiled brightly as I walked into his office, ready for lunch.

“Are you ready for lunch?” I grinned while walking deeper into the room.

“Just let me finish this up,” he said hurriedly, diverting his eyes back to his screen.

I sent him a little smirk that he never saw as I walked over to him. Just to be the little impatient thing that I am, I eased my way into his lap. A small chuckle came out of him as his arm hooked around my waist.

“You must be really hungry today,” he smirked up at me.

“Maybe… aren’t you?” I smirked back.

“For you,” he grinned shyly. Aw!

I don’t know what exactly came over me, but I reached down and pressed my lips against his gently. Once we parted, we shared a smile. As we were gazing into each other’s eyes though, someone came bolting through he door. This made me hop off of Zak’s lap so fast. But when I saw who it was, I wanted to be back in Zak’s arms… Preferably Tanner’s, but he’s off driving his cars!

“How’d it go, man?” Zak asked, making me shoot my eyes at him.

“Not good, her tough guy fiancée had to step in,” Austin replied. “And now she’s probably here to talk more crap on me,” he went on once his eyes fell on mine.

“I have no idea what you guys are talking about,” I told them, but I assumed it had to do with Kirstie since Austin is her ex… and Josh does try be a little tough sometimes.

“We were going to have lunch together. She was waiting for me to finish up,” Zak stepped in. “Do you want to come with us? You look like you could use it,” he went on to ask.

Austin slowly nodded his head and Zak got to his feet. He held his arm out for me to hook my own around his. I thought it was cute. We walked out to his car with our arms linked while Austin walked in front of us.

I was a little uneasy about all of this. And how does Zak know him? This one bothered me. But they just talked like they knew each other since before the beginning of time.

“So, did you apologize?” Zak asked after we finished up our lunch and was now just sitting here.

“Yeah…”

“Wait, apologize to who?” I had to butt in, wanting to follow this.

“Kirstie,” Austin said.

“That’s how I knew that name,” Zak added, softly hitting the table with his fist as if he had an aha moment.

“Anyway, I apologized and attempted to talk to her, but she just seemed scared and…” he trailed off with a shrug, a hurt filling his eyes.

“I’m not trying to take her side, but… can you blame her?” I couldn’t hold in.

“No,” he sighed.

“But you didn’t blow up on her right? You didn’t do anything to make her feel threatened?” Zak went on to question.

“No, I did what the classes told me to do,” Austin went on to sigh.

“Whoa… you two are…” I started, but couldn’t finish my thought.

“He’s my brother,” Zak finished.

I just nodded my head and shut up after this. I know I shouldn’t judge Zak on he’s brother, but… the aggressive behavior had to start somewhere. Once we got back to the office, I went down to Kirstie’s since there was still a little time left for our lunch break. Oddly enough, Joshua wasn’t there. As I went over to sit down, Kirstie sent me a smile.

“Did you know that… Zak is Austin’s brother?” I asked her, getting right to the reason why I came in here.

“Yeah… Austin mentioned that when he was in here,” she sighed. “I’m not the biggest Zak person right now though. I’m sorry,” she went on.

“But… you can’t really put anything on Zak for how his brother is,” I told her.

“I don’t care. That’s how I feel,” she muttered, refocusing her attention to her computer.

“From the sounds of it though, Austin’s changed. I’m not telling you to break up with Josh, but…” I trailed off, unable to think of what else to say.

She didn’t say anything. She kept right on typing away. I let out a sigh before I got up and walked back to my office. I know my opinion of Zak is slightly skewed, but… I’m not going to not hang out with the guy now because of his brother being Austin. But still with those thoughts, my mind just kept going back to one person.

Another sigh came out of me as I picked up my phone. I haven’t changed the background since Tanner and I’s little break up conversation. The picture looking back at me was from Vegas, one of the happiest times of my life and it showed in this photo. I was smiling… Tanner was smiling… I wanted to go back to this time and just be happy again… with Tanner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well... if that isn't the shock of the century....
lol

Ky & Zak

comment pleeeeease :D