Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

My Bildungsroman

“Kirst, you ready to go?” Kylee asked while walking into my office.

“Yep, and I’m excited!” I squealed.

Today Kylee and I were taking off from work early to go dress shopping for me and my bridesmaid’s dresses. I’m super excited too. I’m going to get an awesome dress and some super funky and hipster dresses for my bridesmaids. Can you guess who my maid of honor is?

Kylee then started walking around my office, looking around almost as searching for something and I questioned her on it.

“Ky, what are you looking for?”

“I’m looking to see if you gulped down some Redbull,” she giggled.

“No,” I shot back at her through a laugh.

I grabbed my bag then the two of us started walking to my truck.

“I find it funny that you work for Rockstar and you don’t like it,” Kylee laughed at me.

“I don’t really but Redbull is yummy….like my Joshie,” I smiled.

“No, that’s my Tanny,” Kylee countered while we got into my truck.

“I’m so glad you two are back together. You’re a good couple,” I cheesily smiled over at her as I started up the engine.

“I know,” she blissfully sighed.

“Even if he is old,” I giggled out.

“Let’s just go shopping for dresses,” She threw back while giving my arm a light smack.

First we went to Anthropology to look for bridesmaids dresses. I knew I didn’t want something really plain but not anything too shouty either. Kylee found a super cute dress but they didn’t have all the right sizes and they couldn’t order any more.

“Ooo Ky,” I gasped. “I love this one.”

“Oh my gosh, I love it too!” She grinned from ear to ear.

It was the coolest looking dress! The bottom half was a black fabric with a shiny black band. The top part had a pretty, dull, antique looking yellow and some black designs on top on of it.

“Tanner is going to be drooling over you,” I teased while poking her.

“I hope so,” she smiled with the cutest little glow.

“You two are so crazy over each other,” I giggled. “I’ve never seen two people make goo-goo eyes like you two.”

“Oh wow Kirstie, you’re so funny!” She sarcastically said but eventually broke into laughs herself along with me.

“Well it’s true,” I added. Although, Todd made those goo goo eyes over Kylee too But I won’t bring that up.

“I think we should go look for your dress now,” Ky suggested while pulling me out of the store once we had purchased the dresses.

You know what’s sweet? My dad is buying my dress, even though he’s in jail. He had some money saved up and he insisted that I used some of it, he told me it was saved up for me. Ever since I first went to meet my dad last Christmas I’ve gotten so close to him. I go see him once every week or two and I write him all the time. I love him so much. I’m bummed that he isn’t out of jail for my wedding but we’re having someone film it for him. He gets out of jail in two months though!

Since he won’t be there to have my father daughter dance with me, I asked my Uncle Toby to share it with me since he was the father figure in my life and I’m so incredibly close to him. He’s my family and one of my best friends.

“Okay, let’s get started,” Kylee spoke up, breaking me out of my reverie once we had arrived at the bridal store.

“Don’t pick me out anything to fru-fru or anything that looks like I should be Cinderella,” I said with a smile.

We looked for a while until I had three of four in my hands so I went into the dressing room and put the first one on which was all lacy.

“Kylee!” I whined from inside the dressing room.

“What?” She asked while walking in the room.

“I look like a doily that belongs on my grandma’s table!” I laughed.

“Not gonna lie, you do,” She giggled while looking at the dress on me.

I put on the next one and Kylee and I immediately busted into laughs. The two of us were laughing so hard that we fell on the ground. This dress was HUGE I seriously looked like I was getting swallowed by it.

“That is ridiculous!” She choked out through laughter.

“I pity the person who would actually buy this,” I shook my head.

Kylee went back outside and brought back in one more dress and told me she thought I would like this one. It looked gorgeous on the hanger but what it may look like on me could be a totally different story. As I zipped it up, Kylee literally let out a gasp.

“That’s beautiful Kirstie,” She smiled.

“This is my dress,” I beamed. “I can invision myself wearing this on my wedding day.”

This was kind of my ’bildungsroman’ moment or, my coming of age, moment. It was the moment the realization of everything hit me, I’m getting married.

“Kirstie, are you okay?” Kylee asked while I sat down and she sat next to me.

“I just realized that my childhood is completely and utterly over. I’m getting married, I can’t ever go back and… it’s kind of sad,” I said with glossy eyes.

“Aw,” She cooed while putting an arm around me. “Kirstie, I don’t think anyone could take the inner child out of you and I mean that in a good way. And think of it this way, it’s not giving up your childhood, it’s starting a new chapter of your life with one of your best friends and who is the man of your dreams.”

“You’re right. I couldn’t ask for anyone better than Josh,” I smiled.

That was the first time that the realization of everything hit me like a brick wall. But Kylee just helped me realize that those bricks are all made up of me and my life and you can’t take out any of them, all you do it build and I can’t wait to build more with Josh.
♠ ♠ ♠
this man is gorgeous!
James Franco
more James Franco!
even more James Franco!
That man is gorgous... not as gorgeous as Joshie but still... really gorgeous.
He'd played Harry Ozbourne, peter parker's best friend in Spiderman if you guys have seen that movie, that's where i know him from.

But Ky aren't you proud of me, my authors note wasn't about Joshie!! HA!

Kirstie and her dress and Kylee and her dress

comment??

Oh! AND I FOUDN OUT KYLEE LOVES JOSH GRANT!!!!!!! only i kind of already knew..... haha