Status: Active.

Stand By Me Forever.

two

I woke up the next morning feeling very energized which was very unusual for me because of everything that is happening around me and because I normally get bad jet leg after flights. I rolled over and looked at my alarm clock which was located on my nightstand. It was 10 after 10, which meant I had a pretty decent sleep. I got out of bed and fixed my hair and I put my glasses on. I headed downstairs to get some breakfast. In the kitchen I already saw Pat sitting there reading the paper and sipping his coffee. It reminded me so much of home of when he came and visited us in Thunder Bay in the summer. I missed those moments.

"Morning Aubs." Pat smiled as I opened the fridge.

"Morning Pat. How was practise this morning?" I asked him as I ran a hand threw my hair.

"Pretty good, you know, the usual. Which reminds me, the guys want us to go out for lunch with them today, and they told me specifically to bring you. You up for that?"

"Um.. yeah, sure, I guess. Hopefully that will get my mind of everything for awhile." I gave him a weak smile.

"Oh, it should. Don't bother eating anything. We are meet them at 11:30, so just get ready." He got up and patted my back. He then left the room taking his coffee and the paper with him. I rolled my eyes.

I did what Pat told me to do. I had a nice long shower and changed into a dark blue pair of skinny jeans, a black and white stripped 3 quarter sleeve top, and I put on my black flats. It was still quite warm in Chicago so I really didn't need to wear a jacket yet. I dried my hair and I kept it down to show off my natural waves. I put some foundation on my face with a little bit of mascara and some lip gloss. I grabbed my little green purse headed out the door to meet Patrick who was waiting for me downstairs.

"Okay, you all ready now? He asked as he got up from the chair.

"Yup. Where's Abby? She is coming isn't she?"

"No. She said she had to go to a few places today, so she won't be coming." He said walking towards me.

"Please don't tell me that I am going to be the only girl there?" I gave him a look.

"Oh come on, Aubs. They won't bite- well maybe Kaner, but other than that your safe." He chuckled. I just rolled my eyes. He opened the front door for me and we headed to his range rover. I sat in the front seat as he got into the drivers seat. We pulled out of the driveway and we started driving down the street. I started playing with the radio trying to find a good station to listen to. I finally found a good station. The station was playing the song "Fifteen" by Taylor Swift. I loved that song because when I was fifteen, I could totally relate to that song.

"Ugh, please don't tell me you like Taylor Swift?" Patrick groaned.

"I love her! Country is like the best kind of music!" I said quietly.

"Country? Aubrey, what the hell happened to 'Country's for rednecks?' You hated country." He looked at me confused.

"Well, I guess I just grew up." I looked out the window.

"Grew up? Aubrey you're only 22. And this was like what 2 years ago?"

"Yeah, well I changed a lot in those 2 years. These past few summers I hardly got a chance to even see you because you were with Abby all summer long. You would have known this by now if you came to visit me for once in your life!" I crossed my arms knowing I was going to get a lecture for this one.

"Aubrey, Abby has nothing to do this. I love her and she loves me. And we both love you. It's not her fault that I didn't come up at all. I was just busy!" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Whatever, Patrick." I said quietly. The rest of the ride was quiet, and yes, the country music was still playing in the background. This wasn't really like Patrick and I. We never faught about little things like this. Chris and I, yes, but never Patrick and I. It kinda of broke a part of me because it felt like he was choosing Abby over me. I just shook it off. We finally got to the restaurant and we both got out of the car quickly and into the building. I right away saw all the guys sitting at the long table in the back of the room, so I walked ahead of Pat to the table. There were two seats left available. One across from Patrick Kane and beside Jonathan Toews, and the other one was right beside Brian Campbell. I really didn't know who Brian Campbell was so I took the seat by Jonathan and Patrick Kane. As I sat down Patrick Kane winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Pleasure seeing you here, Mini-Sharp." Kaner had said.

"Shut up." Kaner just made that goofy grin of his and Jon just looked at me. "Hey Jon."

"Hey Aubrey. Is something up? You look pretty down." Jon had said.

"Yeah, but I'm fine. Pat and I just got into a little argument in the car, but i'll be okay." I smiled.

"Oh, I know what will cheer you up then." Kaner had quickly said. Man this guy can be annoying at times.

"Kaner! Knock it off!" My brother yelled from the other side of the table, and Patrick Kane just laughed as Jon rolled his eyes. We ordered our meals and I continued talking to Jon and Pat Kane. Kaner was actually really funny once you got to know him, and Jon isn't actually that serious as he appeared to be, but they were really nice people.

"Hey.. I have an idea! How about we play 20 questions!" Patrick said all excited, "Except we gotta ask Aubrey the question cause we pretty much know each other." He said to Jon.

"It doesn't matter to me. Just as long as it is okay with Aubrey." Jon looked at me.

"Yeah, sure. I don't care." I smiled.

"Okay, I'm first... hmm.. What's your favourite colour?" Patrick had asked me, and Jonathan laughed.

"Umm.. I would have to say blue. I don't know why, but I like that colour." I said and Patrick nodded. "Your turn."

"Okay, I am going to ask an actual good question unlike Kaner here." He laughed and Pat rolled his eyes at Jon. "Okay, so.. what's your favourite hockey team and your favourite hockey player?"

Patrick laughed, "Yeah, Tazer. That's even more stupider than mine."

"No it's not Kaner. Just go Aubrey."

"Um.. I like Chicago because of Pat.. but I love my leafs. I am from Canada, and I grew up watching Toronto all my life so yeah. I know they suck, but I gotta stick to my home boys you know." They both nodded and I laughed. "When I was growing up my favourite player was probably either Mats Sundin or Alexander Mogilny. I loved my Toronto boys. And for today, I'd say either Sidney Crosby or Phil Kessel, oh and my brother!" I smiled and so did they.

"Yeah I grew up watching the Winnipeg Jets, but they moved to Phenoix so I moved on Toronto. They were a good team... back then."

"Shut up!" I punched his arm.

"Yeah.. I was a Sabers fan since I am from Buffalo." Patrick said.

"That's pretty cool, Pat. I always wanted to go to Buffalo." I smiled.

They kept asking questions until they got to the last one. It was Kaner's turn so he had asked me. "Okay.. um.. how old were you when you had your first kiss and who was it with?" Pat said kinda loud which caused my brother to look at us.

"Okay, umm.. I'm gunna keep this quiet because my brother doesn't know this, but I was 14 years old and it was with Jordan Staal." I blushed.

"Jordan Staal?" Jon asked surprised.

"Shhh! Pat's looking at us, and yes it was Jordan Staal. We went to school together until he was 16, and then he left town playing hockey. He was also my first boyfriend, but I haven't talked to him since I was like 15 or something. So keep this quiet. No telling alright?" I whispered at the both of them. Jonathan nodded.

"Your secret's safe with me." Patrick smiled which caused me to blush. I was quite the easy blusher. Thank god they didn't notice it though. We all left about 20 minutes later and my brother and I forgave each other on the way home. It was stupid for us to get into a little fight like this. I was really starting to like Chicago. Although, the only friends I had so far were Jonathan, and Patrick Kane. I really liked those guys. Patrick kinda thew me off when I first met him and such, but he is a really nice guy once you get to know him, and Jon isn't really that serious.. well sorta, but he is a funny guy. I can imagine living here forever, the only thing I need to do next was find a job, a car, and eventually a new place. Those were the next things do to on my do to list.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, again it's pretty short. But that's pretty much it for chapter 2. Nothing has really happened yet but it will soon, I promise. Keep reading and thank you for the comments for this story and for my Jonathan Toews one. xxx