Status: Under Construction. Posted on wattpad as "Rebels and Skeletons"

Burn It to the Ground

You Don't Belong To Me.

Kassia's POV:

Nothing like playing a little game of solitaire on my abused laptop in the middle of a filthy, hick-town diner, while my sister, Maura, was taking a nap in a torn up seat beside me. The table behind us was smoking their cigarettes like die-hard alcoholics; once the one was gone, they went for another. My eyes were burning stubbornly, as I would reach up to scratch at my eyes. Smokers needed to get a life in my opinion, or they won't have one at the rate they were going.

Every so often I would hear Maura mumble 'mommy' a few times, while drooling on her arm like a dog. I was about to continue letting her sleep until I noticed two good-looking men getting out of a Chevy Impala. By the looks of their body language when they stood by the car talking to each other like old friends, they were saying, 'I'm hot, come and get me.' I smirked at the thought that seemed so inviting.

Maura had opened up her eyes, appearing as if she had faced a ghost. I was used to this by now. She wouldn't really talk about it to me about her nightmares, but the account that she was saying 'mommy,' I knew it had something to do with the death of our mother. Of course, I don't remember what happened because I was only 6 months old, but from the stories I've heard, she died in a fire in my nursery, by something paranormal. So, I can assume that it's one of the main reasons we have been hunting all our lives.

“You’re missing the nice view,” I told her, very optimistic and almost jumping off my seat.

“What?” she questioned wearily, rushing a hand through her hair as she stared back at me puzzled. I motioned with a nod of my head towards the window as she peered out it. She chuckled when she saw them. “Nice indeed.”

I had my eyes drawn on the shorter of the two men when I asked Maura, "Why don't you go over and make small talk," tapping my fingers against my thigh while ogling keenly at the alluring men. The same man I was attracted to suddenly started grinning at me. I beckon back at him just like the flirt I am. Boy, he sure did know how to light up a gloomy and hazy day.

I felt Maura's hazel eyes gazing back at me, but I didn't bother to give her my undivided attention. "Um- no thank you, that's not my job," she replied in a fabricated tone.

Not taking my gaze away from them, I chuckled quietly, "Oh really? What happened to the girl that didn't have a problem walking up to that cowboy and had a one night stand in Amarillo, Texas?"

"She's sitting right in front me," Maura stated sternly. I angled my head in her direction. She looked at me as if I was kidding. I returned the same gesture, until something clicked inside my head like a light switch.

"Oh yeah that was me, wasn't it?" I recalled absent-minded. She shook her head and let out a small snicker, motioning the ancient-looking woman for the check, "good times," I reminisced back to one of the cases we had not more than three months ago.

A nudge to my arm from my sister distracted me from my fantasy. "Well, your in luck. Shortie is coming over to us," she declared, as I noticed her eyes were set on something, so I make an effort to veer my eye to where hers were unhinged. The man I had been examining up was arranging his way over to us. I gasped faintly as he stopped in front of our table. I briskly closed the abused laptop that Maura and I were researching what could be a decent case in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I'm sure he would have scurried off if he knew what was on my laptop.

There was a sneaky grin across the man's face, not that it had changed much but it was mind-boggling. Now, I could make a clear description upon him. He had short brown hair and deep green eyes. From what I could tell, he was strong by the muscles showing through his dark color t-shirt. He stood probably a little six foot, which was much taller than my sister and I, but that didn't stop me from being turned-on.

"Hey, aren't you the guy with the Chevy Impala?" I asked nonchalantly, as if I really wasn't watching him the entire time since he got out of his car.

I heard him let out a small welcoming and studly chuckle. "Yes I am," he answered back, gesturing towards the open window at his set of wheels. "You like?"

"Definitely," Maura and I replied in unison and glancing over at each other, followed by the three of us laughing.

"I take it you are both sisters?" He stated desirably, which I couldn't help but smile. We both nodded. "So are you into cars, or was that a friendly way of starting small talk?"

I bite my bottom lip, playfully. I could feel the air-conditioned capacity becoming very humid and stuffy. Heck, either I was going through menopause, or I was seriously bedazzled over this man.

"Yeah, you could say that, or that we're more like mechanical hunters on the run." Maura angerily kicked me, trying to tell me to watch what I say but I only stared at her and back at Mr. Drop-Dead Gorgeous. Whenever I came face to face with an attractive man, I could never learn to shut my piehole.

"Sounds naughty," he responded with a devilish grin. I couldn't help myself. I felt like my heart was under attack; a million to one. "Hunters huh? My brother and I are too, we're actually on our way to Cheyenne."

"Hey, so are we- what a coincidence?" I grinned, glancing over at Maura. Her look changed from enthralled to see such stunning men, to 'this can't be good.' I knew that grimace on her face. It meant that this could all be a trap to throw us off guard. I didn't know what to think. He just seemed so inviting and the great bad boy type I loved so much.

____________________________________________________________

Dean's POV:

Who would have thought that a small diner in the middle of no-man-land, would have such attractive woman. They were heading in the same direction as us; was that coincidence or a sign, that this was a distraction or that they were demon hunters like Sam and I?

Suddenly, an aroma of buttermilk pancakes filled my nostrils.

"Hey Hugh Hefner, you're pancakes are getting cold," Sam muttered from our table across from the girls.

I rolled my eyes, irritatedly. "Yes Holly, I'm coming my Playboy Bunny," I mocked him, to take glimpse of him glaring back at me.

"We better get going," the younger of the two girls said hastily, as their expressions had completely altered like a bipolar person. "We have less than a hundred mile." She was also the one that I had my eye on since we walked into the diner. She was sure a pistol, that's for sure; reddish-black hair and piercing blue eyes that you just want to drown in.

Her sister, who had dark hair and hazel eyes, stared at her sister confused. "What about the check?" She had the same features of the younger one, but I was lured in by the other with suffocating blue eyes.

"I've got it taken care of," she declared, as they quickly started packing a beaten laptop and a few research papers in a black bag.

I noticed some of the researches were on Cheyenne, Wyoming and notes jotted down about police reports. I had a feeling we had another group of hunters that were going to be mine and Sam's way. "So, you two hunters huh? Doing the same case as my brother and I? Just so you know, my brother and I have been this probably longer than you have so you might want to leave this one for us men to handle." I stated, oppressively after picking up the last of the composition paper written in blue ink, and handing it to the younger sister.

"Kassia, do I sense a sexist before us?" the older one said to the other in a harsh tone.

The younger one, who I know found out went by the name, Kassia, stared at the paper I had in my hand and then back at me, ripping it out of my hands in annoyance. "Yeah, I believe so, Maura," Her sister took a grip on her arm, practically dragging her over to the glass doors of the diner.

"Hey, I'm not sexist," I said, rushing over to them as they stopped at the door and staring at me with daggers of fury. "This thing may be a shape-shifter," I whispered in a serious tone, leaning in closer to them. "My brother and I have worked with one of these before. I think that we-"

"We don't need your help," the older sister, who I took was going by Maura, shot back with venom dripping from every word. "We are quite capable of doing this alone."

"Well, you at least forgot to pay for breakfast." I declared changing the subject, backing away from them just a little. The older sister kind of gave me chills after that last bitter remark.

The headstrong sisters took a glimpse at each other and smirked. "Well, the register is down now so this is our chance to go-" Kassia pointed out, as my eyes went mystified. I slowly turned on my heels in the direction of a broken-tiled counter. There were three waitresses standing in front of one cash register, all of which were flailing their arms in the air confused as hell. I glanced over my shoulder, out the rain-splattered window to observe the two sister racing out the diner parking lot in a black and gold Pontiac Trans Am. I rotated my body to see Sam grinning at me.

I paced over to him across the slick-checkered floor. "What are you smirking at?" I hissed back at him, taking my seat on the cheap, red, booth and beginning to dig into my lukewarm pancakes.

"I never knew that girls could run away from you unless you were being possessed." Sam stated, jokingly, as he was finishing the last bite of his breakfast.

I stared at him and sighed, and changed my attitude to being more serious. "Sam, they're after the same case as us. Of course they're going to rush off like that. They don't want us to take it from them. Well, I'm sorry- no matter how beckoning and appealing those girls were, we aren't going to let them take our job."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/Subscribe <3
Makes our days brighter =]
Thank you