Status: Under Construction. Posted on wattpad as "Rebels and Skeletons"

Burn It to the Ground

The Kids Don't Care If You're Alright, Honey.

Maura's POV

Bastard…” I muttered as I swerved back onto the dreary Wyoming highway. My sister was turned all the way around in the passenger’s seat, crouching on the leather and staring intently back through the diner’s streaked windows at the short, sexist man and his taller, probably also sexist brother.

“Hurry.” She mumbled, finally turning back around to face the road ahead of us with a slight sigh. I glanced at her, “I don’t think they’ll hop in their car and race us there, Kass.” She shrugged, still sneaking peeks in the rear-view mirror every now and then. “It would be kind of hot, a chase…” I shot her a disapproving glance, even though I had been thinking the exact same thing. “What? You have to admit, they were gorgeous. Maybe a little dangerous, but that only adds to it.” I passed a blue-haired old lady in a station wagon before shrugging, “I won’t argue with that, but we’re not going to act on our hormones-Are we?” I tilted my head to the side and looked at her sternly. She avoided my eyes, peering out the window at the passing scenery. “Are we, Kassia?” Finally I was answered by a defeated sigh and a “No…” I nodded in agreement as she propped an arm up on the window and settled down to sleep for the rest of the trip to Cheyenne. Couldn’t really blame her, it was that kind of day already and it was only ten.

The winding highway through a breathtaking landscape was surprisingly uncrowned, considering. I held my cell phone in one hand, flipping it open and holding down the 2 key. Glancing nervously at my sleeping sister, I put the phone to my ear and waited.

“Maura?”

“Dad.”

My father grunted sleepily on the other end of the phone, no doubt just waking up. “What’s up kiddo?” I sighed at the name, wishing he would someday realize that I was twenty-five years old. “I’m on a job up in Wyoming and I ran into some hot-shots who think it’s too much to handle.” I glanced again at Kassia. After hunting with her since she was old enough to shoot a gun, he would automatically know that I’m with her, but it was really best not to mention her to dad and vice versa.

“What’s the baddie?” there was a sound of a refrigerator closing and the clinking of glasses. I passed a pretty red SUV. “Well, I don’t know for sure yet but said hot-shot thinks it’s a Shapeshifter.”
I heard a weary intake of breath and a gulping noise, followed by a short silence before my father’s gruff voice crackled over the bad connection, “If that’s the case, watch your back. Those suckers are tricky as hell; they’ll make you start to second-guess everyone around you.” Stupidly, I nodded and waited for him to continue…For several seconds actually, before I remembered he couldn’t see me. “Nothing that can’t be handled, thanks.” I went to hang up, eager to return my full attention to the road, before his voice crackled again “And Maura?”

“Yeah?” The sound of clinking classes, swishing and static suddenly died away. I looked at my phone.

Call ended.

I sighed and silently cursed the reception around here but turned my attention back to driving again, reviewing my father’s words in my head. I messed with the radio and finally switched on Nirvana, not worrying about it waking up Kass; she could sleep through a earthquake.

“Huh, someone is a speed demon…” I muttered to myself as I glanced in the rear-view mirror, noticing a black dot quickly becoming bigger and bigger as the car approached, going possibly even higher over the speed limit than I had been. It wasn’t very long before they were close enough to see the driver.

“Hey…Hey Kassia…” I reached over and tried to shake my sister awake, to no avail. Like I said, she could sleep through an earthquake.

She swatted me away, muttering “Go away.” in a not-even-half-awake pitch. But there was one thing that would get her attention. “Alright, I’ll just tell the guys you’re not available…” She darted forward, nearly smashing her brains out on the dashboard. “Who, how many, what do they look like?” Noticing we were still in the car-and alone-she just glared at me.

“Remember how I said they wouldn’t hop in the car and race us there?” She nodded slowly, looking sleepy again. “Well I was wrong.”

_______________________________________________________________________
Sam's POV
“So about the Shapeshifter, I think I’ve found a pattern.” Dean finally slid into the car, having finally paid for breakfast. He started the car and nearly side-swiped a white van in his rush to get onto the highway.

“Oh yeah, what’s that?” I glanced at my own notes, making it a point to watch the road as much as possible since that seemed to be Dean’s lowest priority at the moment. “Even though the victims are all different, they all were regulars at a local bar-. And when I say regulars, I mean they spent their lives there. And all the victims were supposedly killed by their spouses.” I think he muttered something along the lines of ‘Menopause…’ under his breath. I shook my head, “Men and women, there’s really no connection other than the bar and the relationship between the victims and the alleged murderers.”

“You’ve been watching too much Law And Order…” Would he ever taking anything seriously? “Look.” I turned my attention from the papers to the road, which suddenly had my brother’s eyes glued to it. Up ahead was a spec of black, barely recognizable as a car.

“It’s them…” He muttered, suddenly sounding bitter and scarily determined. “You don’t know that.”
“Yes I do.” He sped up considerably. Oh shit.
“Dean…Why don’t you let me drive, take a break?” I muttered, trying to slowly reach over and take hold of the wheel. I didn’t want to die, not like this. “No, we’re going to show them what it’s like in the real world.” Since when did the real world involve lunatic car chases?

By now he was gaining on them and they had clearly noticed us. The redhead had turned around and taped a piece of notebook paper to the back window.

It’s on!

Really? Were we really doing this? Dean swerved dangerously, now driving in the wrong lane, and sped up until he was right beside the black and gold Firebird.

Eyes narrowed and knuckled white gripping the wheel, my brother ordered me to flip them off. I threw my arms up, wishing I wasn’t there “I’m not a part of this!” Suddenly the two in the car beside us caught my eye. They were talking animatedly, the window was rolled down and the older one’s hair was whipping around, almost taking attention off the dark smile. Even though I wouldn’t admit it to Dean-partly because I was afraid he would rip my head off for complimenting the enemy-it was hot.

Without much warning, she jerked the car towards us.

“DEAN THEY’RE GONNA RAM US!” Strangely enough, it wasn’t the first time I’ve shouted that. Actually it was the fourth. We have very different lives.

He reflexively hit the breaks, skidding to a stop as the Firebird kept going, never fully reaching the other lane.

“They weren’t going to do it, were they?” Dean asked, voice strained. I shook my head, suddenly realizing that there might actually be something to this rivalry he was developing with them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so I fear that may have sucked...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!