Status: Under Construction. Posted on wattpad as "Rebels and Skeletons"

Burn It to the Ground

Am I More Than You Bargained For Yet?

Maura’s POV.

I sat on my bed, cross-legged and staring in frustration at the laptop’s screen, wishing to God that I could figure out how to work the damn thing properly. Kassia had always been the technology-inclined one, for obvious reasons. I’m much better with sharp things.

Shapeshifter seemed to be a fairly easy species, simple enough to kill. A little silver was all, which we always had on hand, and there was no fire involved whatsoever, which was a huge plus as far as I was concerned.

I heard someone chuckle outside-a male chuckle. I quickly slid the difficult laptop off of my lap and onto the tacky comforter, jumping off the bed and walking over to the window and was greeted by none-other than the sight of my baby sister and my beer in company with the two idiots. Her and the cute one were making their way to the door, him holding the six-pack as his brother trailed behind them.

Whoa, backtrack a little:

He was holding my beer. I don’t care how hot he is, I don’t freakin’ care if he has wings; no one touches my beer, dammit.

I side-stepped quickly so I was at door and flicked the dead-bolt unlock, swinging the door open and startling them, my face twisted in anger and horror. “What are they doing with our beer?” I demanded, raising my voice probably a lot more than actually needed. Kassia looked sheepish and the brothers looked mildly surprised. "Hey, don't yell at her. Sam was doing your sister a favor, now if you excuse us, my brother and I have some unfinished business to do." He grinned and stared at my sister, who smiled at him. Sam awkwardly handed me the six-pack and offered a half-salute before the two of them walked back to their room.

Kass was still staring longingly at Mr. Stupid-Ass’s back when I grabbed her by the back of shirt and tugged her into our room, nearly knocking the box of pizza out of her hands.
I slammed the door and locked it, just in case they came back, and went to work.

“Are you alright sugar?” I asked, “The mean men didn’t hurt you, did they?”

She shifted from one foot to the other, “Maura, really, it‘s not a big dea-”
I hissed like a cat at her, “Not you, I’ll get to you later.” I hugged the beer to my chest, mentally counting to make sure it was all there. They should’ve been damn glad it was all there, or they would’ve been dead before they hit the ground.

I continued to stroke the six-pack a little, hugging the cardboard for a moment before glancing back at Kassia, who was now just standing there with her arms folded and looking at me incredulously.

“Really?” She asked, raising an eyebrow.

I ripped the pack open and threw her a dark-tinted bottle, waiting for her to catch it reflexively before announcing “No.” I got myself a bottle before taking the rest to the fridge, very calmly, and turning back to her.

“Now what was that?” A finger pointed accusingly at the door, I narrowed my eyes at the girl who had said just this morning that she wouldn’t let her hormones get in our way. She was avoiding eye contact, but not in the way a child might by staring at the floor, just looking a few paces to my right, face void of emotions. “They were just helping-” I made a grunting noise, folding my arms and trying to hide my impatience…Okay, I wasn’t trying to hide it one bit.

“Not that, I don’t really care about that at the moment, what was the smile all about?” She just looked confused, or atleast was trying too.

“The ‘No one can come between our love’ smile, don’t think I didn’t see it. This is not freakin’ Romeo and Juliet, Kassia!” I ranted, waving my arms about as I roughly opened the box of pizza, taking out a slice and biting into the greasy combination of probably fake cheese and pepperoni before waving it at her. “This is the real world and they-” I pointed with the pizza at the door, talking around a mouth full and trying not to spray spit everywhere “-aren’t any different than any of the men we’ve been through this with.” We both fell silent for a moment, both equally surprised I had brought up what I made a point of never talking about. Relationships.

Being a hunter in a relationship was one thing, being a female hunter in a relationship was another world completely. You couldn’t spend the night chopping through a nest of vampire without your boyfriend assuming you were cheating on him. And of course, when he shows up uninvited to surprise you and finds you being held against the wall by a large, gruff looking man then he tends to believe that his suspicions are confirmed. Or atleast, that’s what Kassia had told me about her previous relationships, I had only ever had one honest the goodness boyfriend and I had gotten his dumbass killed. After all that, my sister and I had agreed that picking up men in bars for a one night stand was a lot safer than trying to keep a relationship.

“They’re hunters though, they know what this life is like. And I didn’t smile like that!” I just grunted again, letting her know I was done with this conversation and it couldn’t be resurrected, before digging into the pizza.
The rest of dinner was spent in silence.
_____________________________________________________________
Sam’s POV.

“We lost them.” Dean concluded, leaning back in his chair and covering his face with his hands in irritation.

I sighed “He could still be alive-”

“Don’t count on it.” I immediately shot up from my place laying down on the bed and Dean’s hands dropped from his face, both of us staring in shock at the corner of the room where the two women we were growing far too accustomed to stood.

“How the fuck did you get in?” I sputtered as Dean and the younger one, Kassia, began making googly eyes…Or more accurately, sex eyes, at each other.

“The vents.” The dark-eyed one shrugged, dropping down onto a fake leather arm chair in the corner. I continued to stare as everyone acted like these people just dropping in-literally-was the most normal thing in the world. “We’ve decided, grudgingly-” Kassia glanced at her sister, “-to work with you guys.”

“Strictly professional.” Her sister insisted, then held out her hand lazily towards me. I took her in confusion and shook hands. “Maura Valentine, my sister Kassia.” She inclined her head toward the redhead, who seemed to be slowly inching her way closer to Dean who, strangely, now had is full attention on Maura.

“Valentine. As in Andrew Valentine?” He asked, eyes slightly widened in expectation.

“Uh, yeah. Our dad.” Answered Kassia, sharing a confused look with her sister.

Faster than I’d ever seen him move, he stood up and shoved me into the bathroom, slamming the door shut and turning quickly to push me over into the bathtub and turn the sink on, the sound of running water filling the room. He piled into the tub with me and pulled the curtain closed, turning to face me in a crouching position with a comically serious expression.

“I’m uncomfortable…” I shared and immediately got my mouth covered by Dean’s hand. “Andrew Valentine.” He hissed at me, eyebrows raised in expectation of my comprehension. Instead he got a confused look. “Thee Andrew Valentine!” When I still didn’t respond, he produced dad’s journal from his jacket. Hand still over my mouth, he flipped through pages upon pages of lure and recorded events until he apparently found the one he needed and held it out for me to read.

That bastard is back. Susan Valentine was murdered last night, same damn style. It’s a wonder Andy was able to get his girls out of the house before it was too late, though I doubt he’s thinking of that now. Last I heard, they’re held up in some hotel just out of town until he can recover what sanity he has left. Offered to help out, he put on his brave face and said he could take care of his own family. Doubt it. He’s not turning out much different than me. The poor girls, the next few years are going to be pure hell for them, but they won’t complain. Mine didn’t, and they weren’t even raised into this life from the get-go.

Wish there was something I could do, but Sam just had another nightmare and its all I can do to juggle my own family and work, let alone two families and work.


I stopped reading there, looking back up at my brother who was nodding so fast it must have been giving him a headache. “Dad’s hunting buddy, in the flesh! Well-His daughters in the flesh, anyway. I remember him showing up once or twice to talk about an upcoming hunt, that man was badass!” I smirked, removing his hand from my mouth. “And I’m sure he’d love that you’re screwing his daughter.”

“I’m not screwing her. Yet.” He stressed the last part and sprung up from the tub and out the door before I could even ask why he was so damn excited about this.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love that we're getting comments now! :D And more would be really great, thank you guys so much!