Veins of Glass.

Dime.

“That’s what I’ve been sent here to do, help you fix everything.” Fixing Matt knew that meant when it was all fixed Jimmy would be gone again. Matt just couldn’t bear that pain and empty feeling again, the hole in his heart would only grow bigger. “You’ll be gone again, I’ll never get to see you, until it’s.. my time.” Embracing Matt in the tightest hug he could muster, “I’ll always be with you, all of you in your hearts, memories, our music, and don’t you ever forget that.”

Once again bawling, Matt nodded clinging to Jimmy never wanting to let him go. “Will you watch over me?” Barely able to speak Jimmy nodded; “I always watch over you, I watch over all of my family.” If crying a river were possible Matt was doing just that. Once he regained some composure, eyes bloodshot red and puffy Matt let out a long sad sigh. “Let’s get to work Jimbo.” Making sure the paramedics took good care of his now lifeless body and got it to the hospital the two men set out on rebuilding Matt’s life.

“First, we’re getting Avenged back together, you’ll need the support of the 3 other men who know you the best and are worried sick about you.” Stopping a few steps behind Matt fell to his knees and began to pound his fists into the concrete sidewalk.

“I’M A FUCKING FAILURE JUST LET ME DIE!”

Rushing over, grabbing Matt’s arms Jimmy forced him to look at him; “You are NOT a failure, there is a great man deep inside who is fucking dying to come out again, I’m here to bring him back you understand me?”

Feeling like a little boy who had just gotten yelled at by a parent Matt lowered his head and nodded, “Sorry.” was all he could say. “Good, now lets go see what Brian’s been up too.” Pulling his best friend up, Jimmy made the trip fast and short. Brian Elwin Haner Jr once known as Synyster Gates the “Guitar God” was now married with a baby on the way. Along with Matt he’d taken a turn for the worst when Jimmy left this life but his then fiancée Beth helped him get through it.

“Whoa Gates isn’t doing too bad,” looking around the home Matt noticed a diploma on the wall University of Southern California. “Yeah, Brian went back to school and is now teaching guitar at Huntington College the kids love that he was apart of the greatest band back in the day.” Hearing Beth’s voice made Matt smile, they’d always gotten along very well she was like family. “That’s so awesome, Zacky’s busier than ever playing for the Angels now living his dream.” Megan, she was Zacky’s longtime girlfriend now wife, she’d been there from near the beginning. “Shads look,” Jimmy showed Matt a large photograph of the entire gang at the VMA Awards when they’d won Best New Artist. The smiles on all of their faces made Matt get teary eyed; he’d get clean and stay clean this time.

“I promise I’ll stay clean this time Jimmy, seeing everyone smile especially Genesis, I HAVE to stay clean.” Running his finger over her face Matt let out a sigh, plopped down crossed legged on the floor now listening to Beth and Megan’s conversation turning his head as if he were apart of it.

Jimmy motioned for Matt to join him; “Brian’s coming home in 3..2..1..” Hearing the front door open Matt ran over to his other best friend/brother taking in that he had aged slightly yet still had his charm, he started raising his arms to hug Brian but Jimmy stopped him. “He can’t see us Shads, we’re just here to observe.” His mouth making an “O” Matt sat back down on the floor as Brian sat on the couch pulling a very pregnant Beth onto his lap.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3GG.