Status: COMPLETED.

Leave the Pieces

Newborns

I woke up the next morning to my phone ringing obnoxiously in my ear. I groaned, and picked it up. “Hello?” I grumbled out.

Wake up, bitch! We’re going shopping!” Hayley screamed in my ear.

“Don’t shout, Hayls. Okay, when are you gonna be here?”

Thirty minutes. So, you better use that awesome vampire-power of yours and get ready. Love ya!” She hung up. I opened my eyes and looked at the screen groggily.

“She’s so crazy,” I mumbled, and leaned my head back on my pillow.

“Tell me about it,” my pillow said. Wait…what? I looked up and saw Emmett.

“You stayed all night?” I asked. He nodded with a smile.

“Of course I did, Tinker Bell. You kept muttering in your sleep about Nick and Val, and I didn’t want to leave you alone.” My eyes watered slightly.

“Aw, that’s so sweet,” I whined, hugging him tighter.

“You better go get ready before Hayley gets here,” he said. My eyes shot open and I ran to my bathroom. I took a quick shower, and blow dried my hair to its natural waves. I walked back into my room and saw Emmett was gone. I quickly got dressed and grabbed a red purse.

I walked out of the room and down the steps. “Morning mom,” I said, kissing her cheek as I passed her.

“Hi, sweetheart,” she said warmly. “Are you hungry?” She asked.

“I’ll just get something at the mall,” I said. A car horn was heard, and I smiled at my family. “Bye!” I shouted, and ran out the door, and then stuck my head back in. “Has anyone seen Jessa or Ella?” I asked. All of them shook their head no. I nodded and ran outside to Hayley’s car.

“Hey,” she said as I got in the car.

“Hey, so where in the mall are we going?” I asked. She shrugged.

“Don’t know. I figured we could just walk around,” she suggested.

“Okay. Which mall are we going to?” I asked. She revved the engine, making the car zoom forward.

“I’m thinking Seattle,” she said. I nodded.

“Okay, cool with me,” I said, and we made it to Seattle in about half the time in would’ve normally taken.

We walked into the mall, and one of our favorite songs started playing.

All right!

Break me down, you got a lovely face
We're going to your place
And now you got to freak me out
Scream so loud, getting fuckin' laid
You want me to stay, but I got to make my way

Hey
You're a crazy bitch
But you fuck so good, I'm on top of it
When I dream, I'm doing you all night
Scratches all down my back to keep me right on

Hey
You're a crazy bitch
But you fuck so good, I'm on top of it
When I dream, I'm doing you all night
Scratches all down my back to keep me right on

Take it ALL, the paper is your game
You jump in bed with fame
Another one night paid in full, uh
You're so fine, it won't be a loss
Cashing in the rocks, just to get you face to face

Hey
You're a crazy bitch
But you fuck so good, I'm on top of it
When I dream, I'm doing you all night
Scratches all down my back to keep me right on

Hey
You're a crazy bitch
But you fuck so good, I'm on top of it
When I dream, I'm doing you all night
Scratches all down my back to keep me right on

Get the video
Fuck you so good
Get the video
Fuck you so good

Crazy bitch
Crazy bitch
Crazy...bitch

Hey
You're a crazy bitch
But you fuck so good, I'm on top of it
When I dream, I'm doing you all night
Scratches all down my back to keep me right on

Hey
You're a crazy bitch
But you fuck so good, I'm on top of it
When I dream, I'm doing you all night
Scratches all down my back, come on

Baby girl
You want it all
To be a star
You'll have to go down
Take it off
No need to talk
You're crazy
But I like the way you fuck me

Hey
You're a crazy bitch
But you fuck so good, I'm on top of it
When I dream, I'm doing you all night
Scratches all down my back to keep me right on

Hey
You're a crazy bitch
But you fuck so good, I'm on top of it
When I dream, I'm doing you all night
Scratches all down my back to keep me right on
You keep me right on

You're crazy
But I like the way you fuck me


Hayley and I sang along and started dancing to the beat. When it was over we started laughing and heard clapping and whistling. I looked around to see a bunch of people surrounding us. I looked over at Hayley and saw she was blushing just as bad as I was.

“Well, this is awkward,” I said quietly. Hayley nodded.

“Let’s go,” she said, grabbing my arm and leading me to stores.

We both spent about two hundred dollars each and were carrying about ten bags each. We stuffed them in her car, but I stopped noticing something. There was a group of about five people staring at me and Hayley. All had red eyes. “Go,” I said to Hayley and we peeled away.

“They’re following us,” she said. I looked behind and looked in between the trees and saw they were indeed following us.

“At least get past the La Push border. You phase and get the guys here at fast as you can. I’ll hold them off,” I said. Hayley shot me a look.

“Don’t you think it’s kind of dangerous to take on five newborns by yourself?” She asked. I nodded.

“Yupp, that’s why I’m hoping the guys will get their asses to where we are quickly. She nodded. We passed the border, and Hayley skidded to a stop. “Hurry,” I said before launching myself at the nearest newborn. Hayley phased and I heard her howl loudly.

A punch in the gut brought me back to my opponent. I looked around and saw that all five were surrounding me. I gulped and realized just how dangerous the position I was in was.

A flash of white was seen as Hayley knocked down two of them. The last three jumped at me at the same time. I kicked one of them in the face, punched one in the stomach, and bitch slapped the last one. They all flew away from me, but the one I kicked in the face looked at me with crazy eyes, and I swear I saw my life flash in front of my eyes. He lunged at me and I let a scream escape my lips before I heard one of my ribs crack from the impact. I grunted when I hit the ground and placed my feet on his stomach and pushed with all my strength. He went flying and straight into the ground in front of a large grey wolf.

The one I bitch slapped came at me but I quickly ducked under her legs, grabbed her head between my hands, and gave a sharp twist and tug. I heard a breaking sound that sounded like glass and the body fell to the ground with her head still in my hands. I let out a little squeak and dropped it before taking a lighter out of my back pocket and burned the body. I looked around to see all the vampires lying on the ground so I went around and lit all of them on fire. I felt warm arms wrap around my waist and I hissed in pain. My rib was finally starting to hurt, instead of the throbbing I was feeling.

“Dylan, are you okay?” I heard Paul ask, and I turned in his arms and saw how concerned his face looked.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I said.

“What happened?” He asked.

“One of them ran at me and I didn’t see it coming until the impact. I was being stupid,” I said. He pressed his lips to mine.

“I’m just glad you’re okay,” he whispered, wrapping me up in his arms. I snuggled into the hug and wrapped my arms around him. “I love you,” he said, kissing my forehead.

“I love you more,” I smiled. He smirked.

“I doubt that,” he said. I smirked back.

“I do love you more, baby. Just admit it,” I laughed.

“I can’t admit it because it’s not true, but I’m too tired to argue with you,” he laughed. I smiled.

“Then go get some sleep,” I said.

“I’m on patrol,” he said. I rolled my eyes.

“Then cut school tomorrow and get some sleep.”

“Only if you’ll cut with me,” he whispered in my ear. I shivered and grinned.

“Is this a real offer?” I asked. He nodded. “Alright let me think about it.”

“Why?”

“Cause if I decide now, Alice won’t see me at school in a vision and will suspect something,” I laughed. He rolled his eyes and kissed me again.

“Get home safely,” he said. Hayley walked over and Paul pulled her into a hug. “You okay?” He asked her. She nodded.

“I’m good. How bout you, bro?” She asked.

“I’m fine,” he said, kissed her forehead and walked into the forest to phase again.

“You ready?” I asked Hayley. She nodded. I hugged the guys and hopped into Hayley’s car.

When we pulled up to the house we walked inside and heard them talking. “I think newborns are attacking people in Seattle,” I heard dad said.

“There are,” I said, walking into the room with Hayley. Everyone looked at us with wide eyes. I looked at Hayley and noticed she was covered in dirt, mud, and blood. I looked down at my own clothes and noticed I was too.

“What happened?” Mom asked, rushing to both of our sides.

“Five newborns,” Hayley answered.

“Five? And you two took on newborns by yourselves?” Jasper asked. We shook our heads.

“No, the pack showed up and helped us out before it could get really bad.” Mom sighed in relief and smiled at Hayley.

“You’re welcome to stay the night sweetheart,” she said. Hayley smiled widely.

“Thanks, I would love to,” she said.

“You wanna take a shower first?” I asked her. She nodded. “Okay, when you’re done go into my room and look in my drawers for whatever clothes you want to wear for bed.” She nodded again and ran up the steps. I sat down, wincing.

“What’s wrong?” Rosalie asked.

“I think I cracked a rib.”

“How?” Emmett asked.

“Damn newborn tackled me,” I growled. Emmett walked behind me and I leaned against him, closing my eyes.

“Alright I’m done,” Hayley said. I nodded and ran up the steps to take a quick shower. When I was done, I braided my hair and got dressed. I walked back down the steps to see Jasper and Hayley arm wrestling. The both seemed evenly matched until Jasper smirked and crushed Hayley. “What?!” She yelled. I started laughing.

“Nice, Jazz,” I said, high fiving my brother.

“Off to bed, both of you,” mom said.

“Yes mom,” Hayley and I said in unison, and kissed her cheek. I saw her eyes light up when both of us called her mom. We walked up the steps and climbed into my bed.

“Night sister from another mister,” Hayley said. I laughed.

“Night, sis,” I said and drifted off to sleep thinking about Paul’s dark chocolate eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Three in one night. Think of it as a late Christmas present. Comment, message, subscribe. Thanks.