Status: COMPLETED.

Leave the Pieces

Ripped

I walked up to the Uley household and knocked. Sam opened the door and I immediately hugged. "Hi, Sammy!" I chirped. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me up in a hug.

"Hi, Dylan." He set me down, and I peeked into the house.

"Are my lover's home?" I asked. He raised an eyebrow, but shook his head.

"No, Paul and Hayley are on a patrol. They should be back soon though," he added, noticing my pout.

"Yay!" I skipped into the house and saw Emily doing dishes. I kissed her cheek and then sat down at the island in the middle of their kitchen.

"What's gotten you so hyper?" She asked me. I shrugged quickly.

"It could've been the three coffees I had," I said, bouncing in my seat.

"Why did you have three coffees?" Sam asked.

"Couldn't sleep last night. Needed to wake up," I said, and started spinning in the chair. I head footsteps coming down the steps and saw Emerald. "Hey, Emmy!" I waved. She raised an eyebrow at me and walked towards me, grabbing a muffin.

"Hey, Dyls," she said, sitting down next to me.

I met Emerald about a week ago, and now Hayls, Em, and I are best friends. "You wanna go shopping with me and Hayls?" I asked. She nodded.

"Sure." We sat there and talked for a couple minutes before the door opened and Hayley, Paul, Embry, Jared, and Jacob walked through the door. Paul walked swiftly towards me, grabbing me around the waist, and kissed me.

"Well, hello there," I laughed, smiling at him.

"Hey," he said, his deep, brown eyes staring into my hazel ones. We kissed again, before I was pulled off the chair and fell to the floor, landing on my ass.

"Ow," I complained, glaring up at whoever pulled me off of my damn chair. Hayley stared down at me, her bright blue eyes gleaming.

"Whoops," she said and started laughing.

"Bitch," I mumbled, earning me a swift kick in the side. "Ow, damn it, Hayley!" I screeched before leaning up and punching her in the stomach.

"Oof," she let out a "whoosh" of air, before falling to the ground next to me. "You hit me in the ovary," she huffed. I laughed.

"So, you ready?" I asked, standing up.

"Yupp." She took my outstretched hand, and pulled herself up. "You ready, Em?" Hayley asked Emerald. Emerald nodded, and kissed Sam and Emily's cheeks.

"Bye," she said, walking out the door. I pressed my lips to Paul's gently.

"Love you," I said.

"Love you, too," he said, lightly pushing me out the door. I laughed and ran to my car. I unlocked them, and Hayley hopped in the passenger seat while Emerald got into the one behind me.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

About five hours later, the three of us were exhausted. We plopped down at some tables in the Food Court, and sighed. "I'm starved, what about you two?" I asked. They both nodded.

"Dude, I could eat a cow," Emerald laughed, rubbing her flat stomach. Hayley and I laughed with her, and we got up to get something to eat. I got some Panda Express. I love that fucking place. I sat down, noticing that I was the only there. I looked around and noticed that Hayley was in line for some MC Donald's and Emerald was in line for some Burger King. Wow, we're fat asses. Hayley was the next one at the table and she glanced at Emerald.

"What?" I asked.

"When do you think Jake's gonna tell her?" She asked softly.

"He hasn't told her yet?" I asked. She shook her head.

"Nope, not yet." I sighed. I froze.

"Hayls, do you smell that?" I asked through clenched teeth.

"If you mean that sickly sweet stench, then yes. I do that smell that," she growled. I looked past her to see Nick and Val stalking their way towards us. Hayley turned around and smirked. "I see you found your arm," she said. Val glared at her, her red eyes gleaming menacingly.

"Yeah, I did," she growled.

"Look, can we do this somewhere else?" I asked, standing up. Nick smirked.

"Why?" My gaze went to Emerald, who was walking this way with her tray. He followed my gaze and smirked. "Ah, you have a human with you." I glared, and stepped in front of him.

"Look, she doesn't know about any of this, so please. Think about all of the things I did for you in the past before all of this shit happened, and please. Just walk away," I pleaded. His gaze softened slightly and then hardened again.

"Fine, just this once. Come on, Val," he said. She glared at Hayley and then at me and walked swiftly behind Nick. Nick looked back at me, and for a split second...I saw my old friend in his eyes. Not the monster he's become. They walked through a cluster of people and disappeared.

"Who were they?" Emerald asked. I shook my head.

"Just...some old friends," I answered, sitting back down. I ate my food but couldn't stop thinking about Nick and Val. "You two ready to go back home?" I asked. They both nodded and we grabbed the ten bags we each had and walked out to my Lamborghini.

We drove home in a comfortable silence, the only noise was the radio. I pulled up to the Uley house and Emerald got out. "Thanks for the mall trip," she said.

"No problem, Emmy," I said. I was about to go take Hayley home when Paul stopped me.

"Hayley, you're wanted for a patrol," he said.

"Damn it," she said, hopping out the car and running into the house. Paul got into the car.

"Go to my house," he ordered. I smirked, knowing exactly what he wanted.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

I laid on the bed, panting heavily. He wore me out. I closed my eyes, imagining a world without werewolves. Without vampires. Without...halfbreeds like me. Where we were all just people and not enemies. Wow, that was a sappy moment. "Uh oh." I snapped my eyes opened and looked over at Paul.

"Uh oh? What do you mean uh oh?" I asked. He bit his lip and looked at me with panic in his eyes.

"The condom...it ripped." My jaw dropped.

"What do you mean it ripped?" I asked. He sighed.

"There is a rip in the condom," he said slowly. I glared at him.

"I'm not a fucking child," I snapped. I threw the covers off of my body and walked into the bathroom to take a shower. When I was about to get in, arms wrapped around my waist. I sighed, and let him pull me towards him. I turned in his arms and looked up at him, since he was clearly a foot and a half taller than me.

"I wasn't trying to make you think that-" I pressed my mouth to his, cutting him off.

"I know," I whispered, kissing him again. He chuckled, pulling away from me.

"The condom just broke, and you wanna go for another round?" He laughed. I smirked.

"Go slip another on, and meet me in the shower," I whispered and hopped in. I washed my hair quickly before a body pressed up against mine. "Round two."

We both got out and I gave him an amused look. "Did it rip this time?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Nope, we're good." I smiled and kissed him. We both got dressed quickly and my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Dylan..."

"Edward? What's wrong?" I asked. Paul was instantly alert and was by my side.

"It's Jessa."

"What about Jessa?"

"I..I think it would be best if you came home now," he said. My heart started thumping against my chest.

"Edward, you're scaring me. What the fuck is going on?" I asked. I heard a sigh on the other end.

"Jessa and Jared were in a car accident." My phone slipped from my hands. Paul's hand reached out and caught it. He put the phone to his ear, and I saw his lips moving, I just couldn't hear anything. A car accident? both of them?

"Dylan!" I jumped at how close Paul was.

"Weren't you just over there?" I asked quietly.

"That was ten minutes ago, baby. Come on, I'm driving you home," he said, grabbing my car keys with one hand and the other wrapped around my shoulders.

"What about the treaty?" I asked.

"I got permission to go on their land since your safety is more important than the treaty right now. None of us trust you driving in this state," he explained but it all sounded like jumbled together words to me.

Just a noise.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

we pulled up to the Cullen house, and I got out stiffly, like my body wasn't in my control anymore. I walked towards the door, but was pulled back. Paul pressed his lips to mine. "She'll be okay, Dylan," he said, looking into my eyes. I nodded, trying to look strong, even though that was far from what I was feeling. He phased and ran away. I opened the door, and the smell of blood hit my nose. I looked around and saw everyone staring at me.

"Where is she?" I asked, my voice monotone.

"Her room," Carlisle answered. "Dylan-" he started to say, but I was already making my way up the stairs. The smell of blood got stronger and stronger. I stopped at her door and took a deep breath. I opened the door and saw my sister. Lying there. Passed out. I walked towards her, and collapsed by the bed. I grasped her hand lightly.

"Jessa...come on, honey. You got to wake up. Please. For me. I just...I just got you back," my voice cracked at the end, and tears started cascading down my face.

I ended up falling asleep with my head on the side of her bed, my hand still holding hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what do you guys think? Pregnant or no?