Cross Your Fingers

Losing It

“Do you want to talk about it?” Stephen asked trying to break the silence between him and Izy.

“Not really I’d rather not talk about it,” she responded trying no to get emotional.

“Well there is something I wanted to ask you and if you could just hear me out,” he started to day.

“Just ask me whatever it is.”

“I was wondering if,” he paused. They had just made it back to her house and he stopped to look at her. “Would you go to prom with me?” he asked looking right at her.

“You’re joking right?” The question had caught her off guard. “Or did you forget that I was still dating your brother? I can’t just go to prom with you.” While she spoke Stephen sat in silence.

“You’ve made it clear you’re not going to break up with him, but if I’m going to go to prom I want to go with you. Even if we have to pretend like we are just friends and there’s nothing between us.” She still wasn’t convinced so he kept going. “I’ve thought about this, Jess doesn’t have a date either. She could take John since you and him can’t go to prom without a senior date. I’m sure she wants you there too since you two are friends,” he finished and looked over at her hopefully.

“I don’t know if that’s a good idea,” she said hesitantly, but she still liked the idea of going to prom with him. “But if John would go for it I would love to go to prom with you.” She couldn’t help the smile that crept onto her face as she told him this. She leaned over and kissed his cheek before getting out of the car and going into her house. Her mind wondered to what prom with Stephen would be like.

When Izy woke up last morning she was a little nervous to see John after yesterday. She wasn’t sure how he would act and that made her unsure of how she should act. She thought about maybe trying to avoid him in the morning but that would be over when chemistry started, so she fought the urge to to turn around and run in the other direction when she saw him waiting for her at her locker. Instead she walked up to him and timidly said hi.

“Izy what happened last night? Is everything ok?” John asked sounding concerned.

“Everything’s fine,” she lied. “I just… I just don’t know what was up. I wasn’t ready and then I felt bad so…” she started to trail off.

“Hey Izy you shouldn’t feel bad,” he said and wrapped her up in hug. “If anything I should.”

“No you shouldn’t I’m the one that’s lucky to have you. I’m just scared of messing everything up.”

“Don’t be,”he said letting go of her and then he made a decision. “Here come with me.” He held out his hand for her and she gave him a confused look.

“Where are we going?” she questioned as she reached her hand out to meet his.

“I think we should take the day off. We can sneak out the door in the gym and I just so happen to have the keys to Stephen’s car.”

She considered it for a moment she had never skipped school before. It didn’t take long for her to talk herself into going. “Let’s do it,” she told him and together they headed out of the school. She felt like at any moment a teacher was going to come out and catch them, but the two of them made it to the car without any obstacles. “Do you have a destination in mind Mr. Gomez?” she asked.

“Yes, yes I do,” he said.

“Are you going to share that destination?”

“Nope. I’m just going to leave you in suspense,” he responded.

After driving for a while John stopped the car and Izy looked out to take in where they were. They were at a previously deserted part of a lake. She admired the beauty of the blue water reflecting the sun that was shining in the clear blue sky. “Do you come here often?” she asked in awe of her surroundings.

“Not really I’ve been here a few times, but I just thought you would like it,” he said looking over to see her reaction.

“I do like it, it’s perfect,” she told him. They both got out of the car and she went over to kiss him. When the kiss finished they stood there smiling at each other before taking each other’s hands and she let him lead her to a certain area. He sat down on the ground facing the water and she followed sitting down next to him.

He put his arm around her and she leaned into the embrace feeling content in this moment. It was just John and her and it felt right, like this was where she was supposed to be. As they sat there she wished she could be someone that was worthy of him. Maybe she could be though. If she could just let go of Stephen then things would be able to work out. It seemed like it would be easy enough right now but she wasn’t sure just how strong she would be when she saw Stephen again.

“John you really are amazing she told him. I don’t know what I ever did to be lucky enough to be with you,” she told him.

“Izy stop being so hard on yourself I want to be with you,” he stated while the two of them stared in front of them at the blue water. Instead of saying anything Izy kissed his jaw to get his attention. He smiled as she moved her lips up to his jaw. She wanted to be with him right now and just him.

“I’d hate to kill all the romance here right now, but what are the chances that you have a condom on you?”

“Seriously?” he asked hopefully. “But last night…”

“Was last night,” she finished for him. “I’m a girl I get the right to change my mind like this,” she smiled. He pulled out his wallet and took the wrapped condom he had in it. She stood up taking his hand and leading him back to the car. Together the two of them got into the backseat.

As they positioned them selves in the backseat Izy just ignored the awkwardness that she felt. This might not be her first time but it was her first time while sober. Her memories from her night with Stephen weren’t exactly crystal clear and there was the added factor from the car, but when he asked her one last time if she was sure she just nodded her head to tell him yes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Classy. Yeah new update thank you to xoshaynasamixo for commenting. Also to everyone else who is reading this and/or subscribing you are all awesome. I'd love to know what people think so please comment and if you want tell me who you want/think Izy should end up with. Stay awesome and until next time. :)