Status: Active. Will update as much as I can. Comment/Subscribe.

Home Run

10

Zacky’s POV

I’ve been sitting in her driveway for the past half an hour, trying to figure out if I was doing the right thing. For the past week, I have been thinking about this, and I still feel like it’s not the right thing to do. Everyone has been telling me to do for a long time now, but I just don’t know if this would make me happy. The only person who hasn’t been pushing me is Charlie, and I’m thankful for that. She just told me to follow my heart, and the right decision would be made.

It wouldn’t affect me that much, but for her, that’s a different story. She wouldn’t be able to spend my money, and she wouldn’t be able to say that she was the girlfriend of a famous musician. That’s a good thing though because she just wants to hang on me to show everyone that I’m hers, and I don’t want that. I still want people to know I have a girlfriend, but she doesn’t have to put it out there like she does.

I took a deep breath, opened my car door, and stepped out of the car. I locked the car with my remote and headed to the front door. My hands started to get sweaty, and I could feel the sweat running down my forehead. I was nervous, but I didn’t think I would get this bad.

When I would break up with my girlfriends, it was usually a mutual thing, the tour was too long, and we don’t see each other that much and we don’t have the same feelings we did before. This isn’t mutual, and I’m not ready to deal with what she’s going to throw at me.

I gave Stacie’s front door three quick knocks and waited for her to open the door. I heard her footsteps walking to the door and saw the doorknob turn. She pulled the door open and had a look of shock on her face.

“Zacky, I wasn’t expecting you.” She said, closing the door a little bit so I couldn’t see inside her house.

“I just came over to talk to you.” I told her, confused as to why she was closing the door.

“Oh, well, I guess you can come in.”

She slowly opened the door wider and let me in. I took off my shoes, and we both headed to the living room. As we were walking, I could smell men’s cologne, and it definitely wasn’t mine. Mine’s not the strong, and I don’t even spray that much on. Hell, I haven’t been in this house for over a week, so it certainly wasn’t mine.

When I stepped into the living room, there was a guy sitting on the couch, drinking a beer. He was the complete opposite of me. He didn’t have any tattoos or piercings. He had blonde, spiky hair, and dressed like a prep, clearly not the way I dress.

“Who the hell is this?” I asked her, pointing to him.

“Oh, this is my friend, Rob.” She said.

“Honey, you don’t have to be afraid to say it. I’m her boyfriend.” Rob said, standing up and holding out his hand for me to shake.

I looked over at Stacie, and she had her head down.

“Well, that’s a shocker because I’m her boyfriend.” I said, looking back over at Rob.

“Oh, I know. I told her to date you.” He said, smiling.

“Why?” I asked.

“We need to get the money from somewhere.”

“So, you don’t have a job?” I asked Stacie.

“No, I had to lie for you to give me money.” She said.

“This is all a bunch of bullshit.” I yelled. “This makes what I wanted to do so much fucking easier. I’m here to break up with you. I’m not going to tell you the real reason I was going to do it because you don’t fucking deserve it, but since he,” I said, pointing to Rob, “has been behind all of this shit, you can have him, and he can have you because you don’t deserve me. I have done everything for you, but this fucker has been doing things for you too. So, have a good life, and I hope you guys are fucking happy. I’m done.”

I slammed the front door and walked back to my car. I sat in the driver’s seat and took a deep breath. I wasn’t in the state of mind to drive right away, so I just sat there. I pulled my cell phone out of my pocket and called the guy that I knew could help me, Brian.

“What’s up, dude?” He asked when he picked up.

“I did it.” I told him.

“Good for you, man. Give me the whole story.”

“Well, I walk into the house, and there was a guy sitting on the couch. He said he was her boyfriend, and he told her to get together with me so they could have my money. To get straight to the point, she was fucking using me.”

There was silence on the other end.

“You’re fucking lying, dude.”

“No I’m not; I saw and heard it with my own eyes and ears.”

“That’s fucked up, dude.”

“You’re telling me.”

“So, what are you going to do now?”

“At this moment, I don’t know, but I’m going to pay Charlie a visit and tell her what happened.”

“I think that’s a great idea. Just call me if you need anything.”

“Alright, man, I’ll talk to you later.”

“See ya.”

I hung up my phone and pulled out of Stacie’s driveway for the last time, knowing I will never see this house ever again, and I’m happy about that. About a half an hour later, I pull into Charlie and Keegan’s driveway. Both of their cars were in the driveway, telling me they were home. I got out of my car and walked up the steps that led to their front door and knocked.

“Hey, what’s up?” Keegan said, inviting me into the apartment.

“I just broke up with my girlfriend.” I told him with a sigh.

“Oh, sorry to hear that, dude. I’m going to guess and say you’re here to see Charlie and tell her.” He said.

“You’re right.” I told him.

“Well, she’s in her room, and she’s been in there a while, so don’t be surprised when you see her asleep. You can just wake her up.”

“Thanks man.”

I walked up the stairs, and walked to the third door on the left. I opened Charlie’s bedroom door quietly, and saw her asleep in her bed. At this moment, I got a good look at her. I didn’t realize, until now, how beautiful Charlie is. I just thought of her as Charlie, my cute friend, but now since I’m a single man, my thoughts have changed about her. I know it’s a little soon to be thinking about this, but I need to make her my girlfriend in the distant future. I know that she’s a fan, but she doesn’t act like one. She only sees me as Zacky Baker, not Zacky Vengeance, and it feels nice. I know my fans think of me as Zacky Vengeance, but that doesn’t bother me because I know they respect me, and all of my fans are awesome. Charlie is a chill girl, and we have so much in common, it’s insane.

I walked quietly over to the opposite side of the bed that Charlie wasn’t laying on and sat down softly. I lie down, put my arms behind my head, and listened to Charlie’s deep breathing. I turned my head and just stared at her. I couldn’t help myself. Ever since a couple minutes ago that I saw her in a different light, I couldn’t stop looking at her. When I was with Stacie, I couldn’t look or think about other girls, besides my mom, sister, and niece, but now since I’m free of her, I can let my mind wander, and that’s what I’m going to do, and no one is going to stop me.

Charlie let out a groan and turned to lie on her back. Her eyes fluttered open and scanned the room like something changed in it while she slept. Her eyes finally landed on me, and she gave me a little smile. I smiled back at her and pushed the hair that fell in her eye behind her ear.

“What are you doing here?” She asked, groggily.

“I wanted to see you, and I have something to tell you.” I told her softly.

She got up from her laying position and scooted up to lean against the headboard. I followed her lead and pulled the covers further up on us to stay warm.

“What do you want to tell me?” She asked.

“Remember when you told me to follow my heart about the Stacie thing?” I asked back

“Yeah, why? Did something happen?” She asked again.

“Yeah, I broke up with her.” I told her, looking down at the covers.

“Oh Zack.” She said, pulling me into a hug.

I hugged her back tighter and got a whiff of her scent, and she smelt amazing.

“That’s not all.” I told her, pulling away from her.

“There’s more?” She asked, shocked.

“I found out she had been cheating on me this whole time, if you want to call it. Her boyfriend told her to go out with me so they could get some of my money. She was using me the whole time.”

“How do you know there was another guy?”

“When I walked into her house, I could smell cologne that wasn’t mine, and when I walked into the living room, he was sitting on the couch, and she told me he was her friend, and he stood up and told me he was her boyfriend.”

“Oh my gosh, Zacky, I’m so sorry.” She said, pulling me into a hug again. “I just want you to know that you are an amazing guy, and any girl would be stupid not to like you and give you the respect that you deserve. One day, you are going to find the girl of your dreams that you can’t get enough of, and she can’t get enough of you, and you are going to live happily ever after with her.” She whispered in my ear.

“I know I will.” I smiled, knowing that Charlie doesn’t know that she’s the girl that I want to live happily ever after with.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is chapter ten.

I'm soooo sorry it has taken me so long to get this out. I had finals for college, and then I went out of town and didn't have time to post this chapter. I will try and get another chapter out this weekend to make up for lost time.

Comment please!

I hope you like it.

Thanks.