Sequel: The Heart Stealer
Status: Complete.

I'm Finding Me Out

Epilogue

One year later.

Roxxie’s POV

I stared at my own reflection in the mirror as my mother clipped the veil in place in my long, blonde hair. It didn’t look like me. I continued to stare, taken aback by the fact that I actually looked like a girl for once. My stomach twisted in nervousness as I ran my hands along the smooth silk of my dress. It was simple and elegant, everything I’d ever wanted.

I’d never imagined what my wedding day would be like. I wasn’t one of those girls that had everything planned for the big day from age six. When I was a kid, all I’d ever dreamt of becoming was a rock star.

I swallowed nervously as my Mom handed me my bouquet of white roses, tears in her eyes. I smiled and hugged her, stepping away from the mirror and looking at my smiling bridesmaids, all adorned in the turquoise dresses I’d chosen for them. They all looked beautiful. Addison, my maid of honour, had tears in her eyes, too, and stepped forward to hug me.

“You look so beautiful,” she said.

“Don’t make me cry,” I said, tears welling up in my eyes. “I’m not sure if this makeup is waterproof!”

My other bridesmaids laughed. I was so happy they were all there to support me. I’d grown out of touch with my old friends due to constant touring, but had always made an effort to keep them in my life. Looking at all of their smiling faces, I was so glad I had.

Addison Dawson, Taylor Jardine, Hayley Williams, Demi Lovato and Cassadee Pope made the most beautiful bridesmaids and I was so happy that they could be there to share the day with me. I loved them all so much. They were my best friends. We all stood together, looking at each other with smiles on our faces.

“You ready for this?” Cassadee asked me. I smiled.

“I’ve been waiting for this moment since I met Matt when I was fifteen.”

*

I took in a deep breath as I held onto my father’s arm and stepped out of the car. I looked up at the small church and smiled as the photographer took pictures of my Dad and I as we headed towards the church. The doors opened and I heard the music start as the bridesmaids all went in before me.

I looked up at my Dad, who couldn’t look more proud.

“You are so beautiful, Roxanne,” he said. “You make me so proud to be your father every single day.”

A tear escaped from the corner of my eye and he wiped it away with his thumb, kissing me softly on the forehead, before walking me to the doors of the church. I heard the music change and I stepped through the doors with my Dad by my side. Everyone inside was smiling at me, standing up and staring back at me.

I hardly noticed them. My eyes didn’t leave the spot at the end of the aisle, where James Matthew Flyzik was standing, a solemn look on his face, holding his hands together in front of him. I smiled at him, watching the way he smiled back, a spark in his eyes. My heart soared.

My father gave us his blessing and kissed me on the forehead once more, before handing me over to Matt, whose smile lit up his entire face. He took my hands in his as we stood face to face, the sun streaming through the windows in the church. I looked into his gorgeous brown eyes as the celebrant said his part.

I glanced over at Matt’s groomsmen at one point, smiling at all of them. Matt’s brother, his best man, and the boys who were all like brothers to me. Alex, Zack, Jack, and my own brother, Rian.

Matt said his vows first. We’d both written our own and my heart rate accelerated as he opened his mouth to speak, his eyes boring into mine, the smile never leaving his face.

“Roxanne Elizabeth Dawson,” he said. “You had me from the moment you flicked me in the eye with your guitar string.” The guests laughed as he continued. “I never thought I’d find someone as perfect for me as you are. You’re the Minnie to my Mickey, and at the age of fifteen, you stole my heart. I never thought you were dorky, or too much of a tom boy. You’ve always been my angel, you’ve always been beautiful. I love you because you make me a better person. When I’m with you, I feel like I can do anything and be anyone. With you, anything is possible and I swear I could touch the sky. I’ve never been more in love, and I will spend the rest of my life loving you. You will always be my angel. I love you with all of my heart.”

I cried. Everything he’d said was so beautiful, and described perfectly the way I felt about him. I stared into his eyes as tears ran down my face to deliver my own vows.

“James Matthew Flyzik,” I started, “I never thought that a boy like you would like a girl like me. I never really believed that love was possible, and then I met you. You made me feel things I didn’t even know existed. I fell for you so quickly; what I felt for you was completely out of my control. You make me feel alive. When I’m with you, my heart doesn’t beat properly. You make my head spin, you lift my feat off the ground; when I’m with you, my heart soars. I can be anything with you, and you’ll accept me. You’ll always be there. Just as I will always be there for you. I love you with everything I have, and I’ll always love you, no matter what. I’ll wear my heart on my sleeve to show the whole world that I am yours and you belong to me. I’ll never let you fall. You can run away with me any time you want.”

I’d never seen Matt cry before, but a tear escaped the corner of his eye during my vows. We both smiled and cried as we exchanged the rings. The celebrant smiled and looked between us and said what we’d been waiting for.

“You may now kiss the bride.”

Matt smiled and placed his hands on my hips, leaning down to kiss me. I placed my hands on his chest and kissed him back, my eyes closed, my soul lost with his, drifting away. This was our moment.

We broke apart and everyone applauded. Matt took my hand in his and led me back up the aisle, and we smiled and waved at our friends and family on the way out. We were married. He was my husband, and I was his wife. I belonged to him, and he to me.

It was perfect.

Outside the church, Matt leant down to whisper in my ear.

“Hello, wife,” he said.

“Hello, husband,” I replied, grinning stupidly.

He beamed back at me, before pulling me into his arms and lifting me up, spinning me around in circles. I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck, caught up in our moment of bliss. He set me back down on the ground and looked deep into my eyes, bringing his hand up to hold the side of my face.

“Heaven is a place when I’m with you,” he said, his eyes sincere. I smiled and stood on my tip-toes to kiss my husband, completely and utterly happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Call me hopeless, but not romantic.

Theme song for this chapter.

- Becca x