One Last Kiss Before I Go

The First Thing I Do

Missy's POV

"Missy," I heard Brian whisper in my ear, shaking my shoulder.

I mumbled as I pulled the covers of my head after I rolled to my other side. I don't care who it is, I just want to sleep. Sleep is important to me.

"Go away, Brian," I muttered, swatting his arm away.

"Missy! Its your birthday," Brian said, now attempting to pull the blankets off me, "You're now officially eighteen!"

"I don't care, Brian. Sleep is much better than getting older!"

"Okay," he said, walking towards the bedroom door, "Now, I'm callin in the big guns."

I was about ready to ask what the Hell he met by that when I realized that all the guys and Val came running in, tackling me on my bed. I yelled when Zacky ruffled my hair while Jimmy throwed confetti in the air.

"Happy birthday, Missy," they all yelled, "Now get up."

"Fine," I yelled, throwing a pillow at Zacky.

They all laughed as they left me to get up. I sat up, sighing, as I rubbed my wrist. So they want to celebrate my birthday....why? I hate parties. They all know that I am not a party person. My own parents know that so we just have a nice dinner for parties involving me. I let it slide when its Jenna and Codey because they're four.

I yawned as I walked over to my closet, grabbing a pair of dark blue jeans, a black shirt with a dragon on it, bra, and undwear and walked to my bathroom to take a shower. It shocked me as I stood under the showerhead; I was now eighteen. In Australia, I'd be legal and allowed to drink alcohol. Here, I can't but still. Shocking.

"Oh here's the birthday girl," Johnny yelled as I walked into the kitchen.

I laughed, grabbing a muffin from the counter, "Yes, I'm now eighteen. Go me."

Note the sarcasm in my voice.

"Oh, c'mon, Missy," Val said, "Isn't there something that you want to do before your party?"

I choked on my muffin when she said the last word. "I'm having a party," I asked, shocked.

"Yeah," Matt said like it was stupid, "You didn't think we'd let you have your birthday without having a party, did you? Especially your eighteenth birthday?"

"I want nap time."

"No," Brian said, pouring some coffee, "Aside from that."

"Um, pierce my nose," saying the first thing I could think of.

Zacky spat out his coffee when he heard what I said. "Missy, even though you can do that, I rather you make sure its fine with your parents because I don't want Riley Levine after my ass," Zacky said, tossing me his cell phone.

I laughed as I dialed my house. It rang three times and Codey's voice came. "Hello?"

"Code? Its Missy."

"MELLIE!," Codey yelled.

I guess he took the phone with him as he ran around the house, looking for either mom or dad. "Mommy! Mellie is on the phone!"

We all laughed when we heard that. I sat down at the table, grabbing another muffin.

"Melissa," my mom asked as she got the phone.

"Hey mom."

"Happy birthday."

"Aw, thanks."

"So...something tells me that you want to do something."

"Uh, yeah," I said, playing with my watch.

"What it is?"

"Pierce my nose."

"Oh, okay. Get a tattoo if you want," my mom said, totally fine with it.

Everyone's jaw dropped to hear how laid back Jordan Baker-Levine was. She really was fine with anything. It was normal to me, Codey, and Jenna so that we were used to it. Hell, Codey and Jenna asked for ATVs one year and my mom got them mini-ATVs.

"Okay, thanks mom," I said.

"You're coming for Christmas. I don't like having my eldest daughter in another continent."

"Yes, mother," I said, sighing.

We both hung up and I tossed Zacky his cell phone. He looked at me, shaking his head. "I can't believe your mom is like that. Aunt Jordan is so laid back."

I nodded as I finished the rest of my muffin. "Its usual for us."

Brian's POV

I held Missy's hand as the person was setting up. I still was in shock that Missy's mom didn't care that her eldest daughter was getting her nose pierced....then again Jordan Baker-Levine suggested that her daughter get a tattoo. I wish my mom or Suzy were like that.

"What are you thinking about," Missy asked, breaking my thoughts.

I looked at her and saw that she was looking at me, studying my expressions.

"Oh, just shocked that your parents are so laid back," I answered, "My parents aren't like that."

"They know that I practically work for my profits so they're fine with everything."

"Awesome."

"Ready, Ms. Levine," the piercer said.

"Yup."

He set the needle at the skin and said, "Take a deep breath and slowly let it out."

Missy did that and soon the needle was in place, a new nose ring was in place. I looked at her as she sighed, breathing heavily out her nose. "How do you feel," I asked.

"Fine and dandy."

"I still can't believe your mom was fine with it."

"Ha, ha, the first thing I do on my birthday is this," she laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
So a bit of a crappy filler but its needed.