Status: In progress

The Moment I Met You

Four.

Jordan pulled Arra’s hand down the hall way and into the kitchen, “Hello,” Jordan said.

Kris turned around and smiled. He was wearing blue jeans and an Ed Hardy t-shirt. “Allo, who is this?” he asked, gesturing to Arianne.

“This is Arianne, she’ll be staying with us for a bit,” Jordan explained as Arianne and Kris shook hands and exchanged hellos.

“I hope this is not an inconvenience,” Arianne said blushingly.

“It’s no problem at all!” Kris responded, “Britt went to go pick up takeout, why don’t we eat together?”

Arianne went off to take her shower, Kris peaked around the corner before asking the question.

“So...” Kris began, a smile playing on his lips. “You like her?”

“I don’t know..” Jordan responded quietly.

“What do you mean ‘you don’t know.’ You either like her, or you don’t. Pick one!”

“I just met her, Tanger. I don’t even know why I invited her to stay, I guess I do like her.”

“OH JORDAN!” cried Kris as he went in for a hug, his arms eagle spread wide.

“What the hell are you doing?” Jordan cried, getting off of him.

“Well I actually think you might actually like this girl. Actually.”

“Actually eh? Maybe, who knows.”

“Well she’s not like one of your one night stands.”

“I told you I’m giving those up,” Jordan replied, “I haven’t had one since I said I was giving them up.”

“Alright, alright. So how was your summer?”

“Fine.. Just chilled with family. What’d you do, besides growing your accent?”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Arianne stood in her new room, her towel wrapped around her and her hands on her hips. Her suitcase was in front of her, unzipped. She put on a pair of jeans and then put on a t-shirt. Then took it off. Put on another one. Looked in the mirror, then took it off. None of these were right! After another five minutes she decided on a purple silky t-shirt, not too dressy, not too plain. She put on a little makeup and walked out the door. Jordan was coming out from his room at the same time.

“Woah, Annie,” he said, his mouth opened a little.

“Annie? My new nickname?” she said, blushing.

“Yeah, it’s cute. Don’t you think?”

“Haha whatever you say,” Arianne laughed and walked into the kitchen, Jordan behind her.

Kris and who she guessed was Brittany were kissing in the kitchen.

“Woah woah woah, not near our food please,” Jordan teased, his hands thrown over his eyes for emphasis.

“Oh, hi Jordan. Oh, you are?” Brittany turned around and Arianne saw her face. She was pretty. Jet black hair and bright green eyes with pretty pale skin, she looked like a singer.

“Oh, I’m Arianne. (“Annie!” Jordan called) I’ll be living with you guys for a while, until I get my apartment. I hope you don’t mind.”

“Oh, no no problem! We’ll be lucky to have you,” Brittany flashed Arianne a smile and they broke out on the Chinese food while Kris turned on the TV. Sheldon Cooper’s face filled up the screen, Arianne caught Jordan’s eye and smiled.

“Something funny?” Kris asked, looking at the pair.

“Naw, eat your pork Tanger,” Jordan replied.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Arianne helped with the dishes, chatted with Brittany for a bit, found out she had nothing in common with Brittany, then retreated to her room. She opened her suitcase and began unpacking. She found a gift wrapped up in gold paper with a bow that had been crushed underneath all her clothes. She took it and unwrapped it, a card fell out.

Arianne,

I know you’ll have fun in Pittsburgh by yourself. I can’t tell you how many times to be careful, I know you’ll be responsible enough. I found this underneath your bed the other day when I was cleaning, it’s your old diary! I thought you might want to see it. No worries, I didn’t peek.

Love, Mom


Arianne smiled to herself as she opened the book. She flipped through a couple of pages, it was from her grade ten year. She stopped at a page when a bookmark fell out. It read:

So today I went to the mall with Rachelle and Monica. We saw Phil there and guess what, he asked me out! So I ended up ditching Rach and Monica (I apologized later, they totally understood) and hung out with Phil Davids the whole time!

Arianne put the book down and sighed. Phil Davids was her ‘high school sweetheart.’ They dated from grade ten to the middle of grade twelve, when they decided school was a little more important and tried to stay friends. It was pretty tough, they soon lost touch with each other. Arianne still remembered Phil clearly. He was tall, played hockey like her, was blonde with blue eyes from German descent. She put the diary on her bedside table and resumed unpacking. When she was finished, she stood up in the middle of the room with her hands on her hips like a victory pose.

“Knock knock, can I come in?” came Jordan’s voice from the door.

“Yup!” replied Arianne.

“Nice, you unpacked,” Jordan said, looking around, “So what are you doing tomorrow?”

“Nothing much, maybe explore Pittsburgh? Why you ask?”

“Oh, I was wondering if you maybe wanted to uh.. Go to the mall with me? I just wanted to buy some stuff.”

“Yeah sure!” Arianne replied, smiling to herself, secretly pleased.

“Hey what’s this?” Jordan asked, looking at the big journal Arianne’s mom sent her.
“Uh well, that is my high school journal my mom thought it’d be fun to send it to me.”

“Can I see?”

“NO!” Arianne grabbed the book and ran to the other side of the bed.

“Why not?! Secrets from high school?” Jordan smirked, “Dirty secrets?”

“Shutup, no fine I’ll just tell you. Mushy stuff about my ex boyfriend.”

Jordan’s face fell a bit, “Oh.. Why ‘ex’ if you don’t mind me asking?”

“I had to focus on school. He’s a whiner anyways..” Arianne said, sighing.

Jordan gave her a hug, then walked out of the room, “Thank you,” he said as he was opening the door.

“For what?”

“Not treating me like a famous person, and as a normal one. Goodnight,” he smiled and gently closed the door.

Arianne climbed into bed with the big journal and read through the pages, revisiting the days of Phil Davids.
♠ ♠ ♠
Story's taking a little twist, do you like it? :3

Oh you guys are awesome at commenting! <3
Keep it up!!! I can't wait till 'season' starts and I get to write about Max, Geno and Crosby and everybody!

Keep the subs and comments flooding in? I d love it! It makes me want to update more <3

Comment Please!