Status: In progress

The Moment I Met You

Six.

As Jordan drove down from the rooftop parking, Arianne awkwardly twiddled her thumbs.

“So where we headed?” she asked, breaking the silence.

“Downtown I guess. And then to Bella Vista,” Jordan replied, looking straight ahead at the road, “Actually could we stop at the arena for a bit? I need to sign some papers and drop off my sticks.”

“Yeah, no problem.”
“Talbot might be there too, and I need to talk to him..” Jordan replied, he turned on the radio and soft jazz came on, easing the awkward atmosphere. Jordan started joking around, and Arianne put the Phil incident at the back of her head.

As Jordan pulled into the arena’s parking lot, Arianne saw two guys standing next to a Jeep.

“There’s Max and Geno!” Jordan said, as he parked. The two guys waved and Max snickered as they walked up.

“Finally gonna introduce me to the girl, huh?” Max said, as Geno laughed.

Arianne looked at Jordan confusedly, and Jordan blushed.

“I’m Geno Malkin, Max is a douche,” Geno said, putting out his hand for Arianne to shake. Arianne laughed as she took it.

“She’s out of your league, Jordo!” Max snickered.

“I don’t actually believe we’ve met before,” Arianne said, annoyed.

“Where were my manners? I’m Max Talbot,” Max said, looking at his watch, “and I’m late.” He ushered Geno into the jeep, and told Jordan to call him later. After waving goodbye, they shut the doors and sped off.

“And that, is Max Talbot,” Jordan said, walking towards the arena.

“I like Geno, I’m not sure about Talbot though,” Arianne replied.

“You’ll get used to him. He might be a jerk but he’ll never let somebody screw with you. He’s like a big brother, I guess.”

“I guess I just need to get to know him more.”

Jordan opened the door for Arianne and they walked down to the dressing room. Arianne sat down as Jordan ran into the office.

As they were leavin, the pair walked through the rink area. Arianne stopped and put her hands on the ledge, leaning on the glass.

“What’s up?” Jordan asked, stopping.

“I miss skating,” Arianne said, staring at the ice.

Jordan was silent for a moment, before his face lit up, “Come with me.”

Jordan pulled Arianne’s hand and ran to the main entrance, and to his car before finally stopping.

“Where are we going?” Arianne asked, panting.

Jordan just smiled, and drove off with a confused Arianne in tow.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jordan drove into the downtown Pittsburgh area. He parked the car, and while he was feeding the parking meter Arianne looked around. It was getting sort of dark, since the sky was already gloomy. She rubbed her hands on her arms, trying to warm them up. She felt something fall onto her, and realized Jordan’s jacket was on her back. She smiled and said thanks while he pulled her towards the intersection.

“So where are we going exactly?” Arianne asked, still confused.

“Since you wanted to skate, we’re going skating.”

Jordan smiled as he saw Arianne’s face light up. The PPG Place rink was outdoors, and huge! The pair rented skates and fooled around on the ice. The rink quickly emptied off as dinner time approached, and the pair were having races and playing tag like little kids.

“Annie it’s already six, let’s go to dinner,” Jordan called, panting.

“Alright fine, let’s go,” Arianne replied, also out of breath.

The pair walked to the restaurant, and were immediately let in.

“Wow, they like you,” Arianne said, as they passed the line of people waiting to take their seats.

“Eh, well,” Jordan said, laughing.

When Arianne excused herself to the bathroom, Jordan got another text. New message: Max Talbot

Wasup lover boyy

Having dinner

With the missus?

No...

Liar, turn around

Jordan spun around to see Max sitting at a table with a girl. He waved and snickered before returning to his meal. Jordan rolled his eyes as Arianne came back.

“Isn’t that Max?” she asked, amused.

“Yes, but let’s not let him ruin our meal.”

*~*~*~*~*~*

“Goodnight,” Jordan said as he closed Arianne’s bedroom door. She turned on her laptop as she crawled into bed.

She heard the beep of her MSN Messenger, stating that someone was talking to her.

Phil.D: still got the same number?

Annie: with diff area code, why?

Her phone buzzed with a new text from an unknown number.

It’s phil!

Haha, oh hey!

I can’t stop thinking about how we met today

Oh really..

Yeah, just wanted to say goodnight. Sweet dreams :-)

Arianne sighed and put her phone away. Boys are confusing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this chapter sucked.
Ughhhh, what did you guys think?
I think i did a horrible job on the Max and Geno part.

Anyways, comments always appreciated! thanks to the 42 subscribers! <3

Comment Please!