We're Going Down, Down in an Earlier Square?

022

.:Adrianne Armstrong's P.O.V:.
"Mommy," called Jakob, "Do you know the answer to this problem." I leaned over to look at my son's math problem.

If square has four perpendicular lines, how many right angles are there?

"Yes." I answered, "But I'm not going to tell you."

"WHAT!"

"Figure it out." I placed my papers down on the table, "What's a perpendicular line?"

"Um..... I dunno."

"A perpendicular line are lines that cross each other to make a right angle. So if a square has four perpendicular lines, how many angles are there?"

"Four?"

"You betcha." Jakob smiled, and wrote the answer down on his paper, "Joey, how are you doin' babe?"

"Okay." he said, staring at a piece of paper, reading it, them writing the answer down on a piece of paper.

"What are you doing?"

"Social Studies." he placed the paper down on the table, "Mr. Rinkel is having us do a homework paper, and reading the ENTIRE lesson."

"Oh my! Major reading there." I teased, "How many pages?"

"Two."

"Two?"

"And this hand out."

"Ah... yes, handouts make a difference."

"Mom?"

"Yes Joey."

"What was one of the main reasons that the Civil War started?" I looked at his paper.

"Well, Slavery was one of them, and I think.... the separation of Georgia has something to do with it too. Ya see Benjamin Franklin told us that "if we stand alone, we will fall, if we put the snake back together before sunset, and stand together, we will conquer." so because Georgia seceded from the United States, President Lincoln didn't want that to happen."

"Wow, thanks mom!" Joey wrote down a summary of what I said, and continued with his work.

Looking at the clock, I shook my head, and cleared my throat.

"Are you tow about finished?"

"Yep." said Jakob, sticking his paper into his math book and closing it.

"Yup." Joey agreed, stuffing his papers into his book bag.

"Good.... Because it's bed time." my two sons groaned, but made their way up stairs. I made my way to my bedroom, and closed the door. Sitting on my bed, I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

"Oh my God...." I whispered, wiping away the liquid ball, "Billie, I'm so sorry." I placed my head into my hands, and wept. Falling onto my bed, I fell asleep.

.:In the morning:.
I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. Getting up, I woke my sons, and went out to get the mail. Looking though, I was disappointed.

'Bill, bill, bill, bill, memo, bill, letter?' I looked at the address.

Harpersville School

That's all it said. It was addressed to me. I stepped into my house, and placed the other letters on the counter. I opened the letter, and froze. It was from Mike.

Adie-
Hey! What's up.... I hope this is understandable.... Wow.... Um.... Here it goes. Billie and I were talking last night. He really misses you and the kids. It's like hell for him only to a completely different level. He says that what really happened was that there was a bet going on at the recording room, why I didn't hear about it, I don't know.... I think I was sick.... anyways, the bet was Tre couldn't eat fifty eggs. Billie beted against that, and said he could. He lost.... He was handing the money over to the girl when you came in, and took it the wrong way. I wasn't sure if he were telling the truth, so I sat down with Tre, and he confirmed it. So really, this was all a big misunderstanding.

Adie, please.... I hate seeing him like this. I swear it's driving all of us crazy. He came to me last night, and confessed that he was falling in love with one of our students only because she reminded him of you. Adrianne, if you could only see the way he walks around this house, if you could only hear the way he yearns to see his kids. Please Adrianne.... come and talk to Billie. I know you know where this school is... please....

Think about it.
Mike Dirnt

I sat down on one of the chairs at the table, the sound of Joey and Jakob making their breakfast could be heard from the kitchen. I nodded knowing what I had to do.

Picking up a pen and paper, I started writing.

Dear Mike....