We're Going Down, Down in an Earlier Square?

033

.:Pete's P.O.V:.
She's dating Joe? Joe Throman? Joe? Why would she do that? I apologized to her.... I really did!

Looking out the window, I watched as Samantha and Joe kiss. She was leaning on his car, he was on top of her, their lips, moving like lightning. It was sickening. Especially, when the person he was kissing, is the woman I love.

Rea came down, and wrapped her arm around me. She kissed my shoulder, and smoothed out my hair.

"You really love her don't you," she asked, her voice sounding distant.

"Why would you say that?" I turned to look at her. A sharp pain came to my cheek, as her hand slapped me.

"Because you screamed her name when ever anything got really good," she yelled, "You.... Pig! How dare you use me!" she hit me again, and ran back upstairs.

"Rea," I called, "Tommie! Please!"

"Don't call me Tommie," she yelled, "You jack ass!" She headed off down the hall, and I heard a door slam.

Sitting in a chair, I tried my best not to collapse into tears. I had done enough crying over girls than I had ever intended in my life time. I'm sick of crying.

"Pete.... Are you okay," looking up, Patrick was sitting in the chair next to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No."

"Let's go get some pizza."

"I'm not hungry."

"Get your coat, I'll be waiting in the car," he got up, and left the house. Going into the main hallway, the same hallway where I had first set eyes on Samantha, I opened a closet, filled with coats, and pulled out my black hoodie. Walking out of the building, I got into Patrick's car, and he pulled out of the driveway.

"I love how you can decipher my answers," I said, staring into the dashboard.

"I know you better than you give me credit for."

"I know."

"No you don't."

"Fine," Patrick pulled out of the driveway, and I tried my hardest not to look at Joe and Samantha.

"Are you okay," Patrick asked.

"Look at Joe's car, and tell me if I'm okay."

"Oh. Sorry," I smiled, and Patrick took off down the road. Joe and Samantha square in the middle of the rear view mirror.

.:Samantha's P.O.V:.

"So, where are we going," I asked, leaning against Joe's car.

"Right now.... No where," Joe wrapped his arm around my waist, and his lips found mine.

No shock came, no thrill. Nothing happened. It made me long for Pete's touch, but I had to ignore that. Pete hates me. No matter what he said, or did. Joe's tongue entered my mouth, and I let out a shocked squeak. Joe smiled, against my lips, and pulled away just far enough to say:

"Scare you?"

"A little," teasingly, I added, "I didn't know Jews were aloud to do this."

"I'm not sure if I can either," I smiled, and our lips connected again.

The sound of the front door opening and closing came to my ears, but I didn't care. The sound of it opening and closing again, made me curious. Two car doors opened, and they both shut. Joe pulled back, and we found Pete and Patrick sitting in a car. They were talking, and Pete was obviously failing at not trying to look at us. He caught my eye for a moment, but let it go.

Teasingly, I pulled Joe back in, and he took a sharp intake of breath. It was my turn to smile.
After hearing Patrick's car pull away, we separated. I smiled.

"Scare you?"

"A little," Joe and I smiled, and I got into his car.

"So.... Where are we going?"

"What! And ruin the surprise! Nuh-hu. Not a chance," Joe got in, and we both closed the
doors. He leaned across the arm rest, and kissed my neck. I smiled, and he pulled away.
Buckling up, he started the car, and turned it to a radio station, that was based in Harpersville.

"Hello and welcome back to 108.5 The Alternative radio, that never plays bad music, but a lot more to cover for it. I'm your host 'Teller Jordan' and we're here to bust you up with the latest and greatest music of today! Not tomorrow, NOT yesterday."

I laughed, and Joe pulled out of the driveway.

"Where did you find this station?"

"Stacy is the DJ," he said, "She placed like... posters up all over the house once. It was pretty funny." I smiled, and listened to the radio.

"Lets play our next song, 'Sugar we're going down' by Fall Out Boy," the drums started playing, and the song began. Joe blushed, and I smiled. We headed off to a place that only Joe knew of.