We're Going Down, Down in an Earlier Square?

043

.:Pete's P.O.V:.

"Leave me alone Patrick!" I yelled, as I picked up my bass.

"Pete.... Please, this is stupid."

"Yeah," I said, "You're right, this is stupid. Why am I wasting my time talking to you, when we both know that Samantha hates me." looking away, I plucked the top sting of my bass, and started to play the bass line for Sugar We're Going Down, ignoring Patrick, Joe, and Andy as much as I could.

"Pete," Joe yelled over the sound of my amp, "Samantha doesn't hate you! You're jumping the gun!" I didn't answer.

"Come on Pete," Andy said, "Don't be such a fool." once again, my mouth remained shut.

Patrick took a step forward, and unplugged my guitar from the amp I was using.

"Hey!" I exclaimed.

"No! You need to listen," Patrick was angry.... Shit, "Samantha has been through a tough.... Five relationships, and it's very clear that she was only truly happy when she was with you. Why the fuck are you so blind to see that! She is troubled. Her emotions are all mixed, and are probably very confusing. She doesn't know what she should do, who she should love, where she should go. Just.... Calm the hell down, and give her some time!" Patrick was yelling his statement near the end. I felt bad.... Once again, I was ruining everything.

Shit.

"You're right," I said, "But what should I do? Avoid her, until she forces me to talk to her?"

"Sure." Andy said, Joe and Patrick shot glares at him, and he hung his head in shame,
"You most likely could still talk to her, but.... Just try not to push into like.... I don't know... just try not to anger her."

"That won't be that hard." I said.

"Mhm," Joe mused skeptically, "Look at your last... few conversations. That's pretty easy." I glared at him. The amusing thought of bringing my bass down over his head came to me, but I thought against it.

"Just.... Leave me alone for a while... okay?" I asked, plugging my bass back into the amp. Patrick, Joe, and Andy all nodded, and headed back upstairs.

Sitting on the couch in the basement, I started to pick out random chords, turning them into a song. I liked the tune, and soon memorized it. Having that take an hour, I put my guitar up, and grabbed my notebook and pencil, I headed upstairs, totally skipping dinner, and heading up the flights of stairs.

Looking into my room, I saw Samantha and Gerard sleeping on her bed. My heart stopped, when I saw his arm wrapped around her, but I closed the door before I could do anything.
Making my way to the other end of the hall, I opened the door to the bathroom, and stepped in. A small window was located above the toilet. Pulling the seat down, and the top down too for that matter, I climbed onto the closed toilet, and opened the window, which was big enough for me to climb out. Once I was on the roof, I looked for a place to settle down, and write.

Fall Out Boy was suppose to come up with four new songs for our special addition record for From Under The Cork Tree that the record company wanted us to do. The last two were simple, they were going to be remixes of Sugar We're Going Down, and Dance, Dance. One of the songs was going to be the rocked out version of My Heart is the Worst Kind of Weapon, which is one the acoustic album - My Heart Is The B-Side Of My Tongue. So all we had to do, is make up two more.

I started to write down nonsense that I was going to give to Patrick for him to try and use. The "notes" were mostly about how I felt about Samantha, but others were about how I felt about life. Even though I was writing, when I was finished, the page mostly consisted of scribbles, doodles, and scratch outs.

Looking up, I now noticed that the sky was darker then it was before, which means, that it would be time to go in.

I gave the notebook to Patrick, who excepted it with a smile.

"So soon?"

"I was on the roof for a long time."

"Did you just come in?"

"Yeah."

"Five hours." he said. I smiled.

"Holy shit," I laughed a bit, "Is Gerard still here?"

"He woke up a while ago, and left."

"Good."

"Why?"

"I don't think I could sleep in my room knowing that they're on the other side."

"Good point."

"Well.... Actually, I don't think I can sleep knowing that she's on the other side."

"Once again, good point."

"If I tap on your door in the middle of the night, let me in." I said jokingly.

"My bed is your bed." he answered, with a sly smile. I shuddered.

"Whoa," I exclaimed, "Patrick stump just made a joke! And a GAY on at that! Holly cow!" Patrick blushed, and smiled.

"And now, Pete Wentz has embarrassed me, so I'm now going to retreat into my room." Patrick quickly turned around, and almost ran into his room, all the while, I'm standing there laughing.

Heading back to my room, I silently slip in, trying not to wake her, hence the 'silently.' But, as always, when I'm trying to be sneaky, I don't, so I step on a squeak board, and it wakes her.

Why the hell do girls always have to be light sleepers?

"Hello?" she asked, sleepily, sitting up.

"It's only me." I answer.

"Pete?"

"Yeah."

"Okay." she opens her eyes, and stretches.

"Are you getting up?"

"Only for a little while."

"Oh."

"Why?"

"Well, I didn't want to wake you." I answered.

"Oh." she smiled at me. I think the fighting might be over.... Until I say something to mess it up.

Samantha smiled again, and laid back down.

"So, are you and Gerard back together?"

"No," she said, "Why do you ask?"

"He was here for a long time."

"Are you saying that I-"

"No, I would never say that," I said, "Why would I say that?"

"Because you're angry." she whispered.

"I'm not angry." I answered.

"You were."

"'Were' bing the key word." I said. She smiled, and patted the bed beside her, indicating that she wanted me to sit next to her. I did.

"I'm sorry I exploded on you." she said.

"It's okay. It hurt to hear what you said, but it's okay." she smiled.

"I've just had a rough past that's all."

"What?"

"The reason why I've dated so many people is because of my feelings."

"Samantha.... I don't understand." she took a deep sigh, and started her story.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for not updating forever.