We're Going Down, Down in an Earlier Square?

046

.:Normal P.O.V:.

At school, it was miserable. During Math, Mike glared at me, every time I answered a question. I knew why, but I had nothing to do with Billie liking me. Lunch wasn't that much easier. Because the school here is a little small, all of the teachers are to eat in the cafeteria. So basically, I got double glares. One from Mike, and the other surprisingly from Tre. I tried to ignore them, but it didn't work. I ended up walking home, and eating there with Pete, and Patrick.

Patrick wasn't much fun to hang around with, for he was always leaning over a notebook with scratch outs on it, so I never got to talk to him. Pete had invited Gerard, Mikey, Frank, Ray, Bob, and Matt over, so the room was constantly full of chatter. I sat next to Gerard, Mikey, and Pete at the table that was set for three, and everyone else, except for Patrick who sat by himself, sat with each other.

"So, hows school," Mikey asked, "I mean, you haven't been going for a while."

"It's okay," I answered with a shrug, "I mean, I thought I wouldn't know what to do in my gifted classes, but because of Billie, I'm way ahead. Which is a good thing for me. I'm very grateful for Billie."

"He's been looking really stressed lately," Gerard said, "What have you been doing?"

"It's not from our exercises," I answered, "It has to do with his home life."

"What's wrong with it," Pete asked.

"I don't think I'm at liberty to say," I answered, taking a bite out of my bologna sandwich, "I'm sorry if this is bothering you Gerard." I said adding a smile.

"Not at all." Gerard playfully looked at way, and acted like he was gagging.

"I like peanut butter samiches," Mikey said.

"'Samiches,'" I said laughing.

"It's what I use to call them when I was younger."

"That's so cute," I said, smiling.

"So what do you have next?"

"Levitation," I answered, "It's my favorite class!" heavy sarcasm on that last part.

"Sounds easy," Gerard said.

"Try lifting a desk with your mind, and moving it to the other side of the fucking room."

"Okay, well, now that you mention it," Gerard said, "I can't do that so yeah, it would be hard."

I smiled, "My point provin."

"What ever," Gerard said, teasingly. I stuck my tongue out, and then smiled.

"That's cute," Mikey said.

"Shut up," I said, taking another bite out of my sandwich.

"What ever you want," he said, with a sly smile.

"So, who are you dating," Gerard asked.

"No one."

"Oh! Then if that's the case, do you want to have dinner with me," Gerard said.

"Sorry, I still have homework."

"But I thought you said-"

"But I still have homework." Gerard grumbled, "And besides," I said looking at the table, "I've had my heart smashed too many times, I'm just going to... take a break from dating people."

"For how long?"

"As long as it takes."

"For what?"

"To forget." I looked away, and everyone at the table fell quiet. The rest of the room noticed and fell quiet too.

Getting up, I quickly ate the rest of my sandwich, and headed up stairs. Entering my room, I sat at my desk, and started to dig through my drawers.

"Samantha," asked Pete, standing in the doorway.

"Yes."

"Are you okay?"

I nodded.

"I'm sorry."

"For what," I asked, looking up at him. He knelt down in front of me.

"I'm the reason your so sad. It was all my fault. I didn't wait to listen to your story. I was just so wrapped up in the past, I jumped to conclusions."

I didn't say anything.

"Please don't say it," I whispered.

"I love you Samantha," he said, "You're the one for me."

"Pete...." a tear escaped my eyes. I hated crying, "No...."

"Why?"

"I can't."

"Why?"

"It's.... I can't." I stood, with out bothering to close my drawer, and walked out of the room. Well... actually I ran out of the room, but still.... Running down the stairs, I almost knocked Patrick down.

"Oh," I said, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," he answered.

"He speaks," I exclaimed.

"Sorry."

"What are you doing? Still working on the song?"

"Yeah...."

"May I read it."

"N-No.... It's not finished yet."

"Oh. I'll wait then." he gave me a small smile, and walked out the door. I followed him. "Do you want some company?"

"Sure," he smiled wider, and we started back to the school.

.:Patrick's P.O.V:.
.:After school:.

Stopping by Billie's office, I knocked on the door.

"Come in," came his voice. I opened the door.

"Hey Billie," I said.

"Hi," he smiled, "What can I help you with?"

"I'm writing a song using Pete's notebook, and I can't seem to find any inspiration."

"Let me see." I handed my notebook to Billie, and he read the chorus of the song.

"That's really good," he said.

"Thanks."

"Now, let me see the notebook." I handed Pete's book over to Billie, and he looked at it. "I take it Samantha is his newest obsession."

"Yeah. He's pretty crushed.... They both are."

"Hmmm... I think you know what to do, you're just not sure. Right?"

"Yes."

"Do it. It will be a good song." I smiled, and took both the books back.

"Now get out kid!" Billie smiled.

"Thank you!" I left the room, and nearly ran home.

Nearly....

.:Normal P.O.V:.

I looked into Billie's class room, and saw that he wasn't there. So I made the trip all the way to the other side of the building to look for him in his office. It was locked. He had gone home.

I made my way there, holding my book bag on my shoulder, and knocked on the front door.

"I've got it!" came a small child voice. Jackob opened the door.

"Hey kid," I greeted.

"Samantha," he cried, running out the door and giving me a hug.

"Nice to see you too." he pulled away, and took my hand, and pulled me into the house.

"Hey guys," he yelled, "Samantha is here!"

Billie came into the living room from the hallway that lead to his room, and smiled.

"Hey," he said.

"Hello," I answered. Jackob stood there, looking up at both of us, smiling, still holding my hand. His head moved so he could look at Billie, and then to me, and them back to Billie. He continued this, until I started to laugh. It was just too cute.

"Hey champ...." Billie said.

"Yes."

"Can you leave us for a while." Jackob looked at his father and gave him a suspicious look. He then shrugged, and ran up the stairs.

"What are you doing here," Billie asked.

"I came to give you this," I said, pulling my teacher into a hug.

"What the...."

"It looked like you needed it," I answered, "How are things between you and Adie now?"

"I just got home," he said.

"Oh...."

"But I don't think things are going to recover."

"I should leave then," I said.

"Why?"

"It might look bad, ya know? Having the person you're not crushing on in your living room."

"Right."

I started to leave, but he grabbed my hand, "I don't want you to leave."

"What?"

"I need a friend in this house," he said.

"That's right."

"Would you like something to drink," he asked.

"Sure," I answered.

"Then... have a seat, and I'll be right back." I smiled and sat down, just as Adie, Mike, and Tre came down the stairs with Jackob.

"See," he said, "She is here!"