Now That It's Morning

2/2

From his tone of voice, I knew… KNEW that he wanted to leave me alone in here. “I want you to stay in here,” he went on, making me shake my head quickly. “I’m going to be right in the hall. Nothing’s going to happen. I just want to see if you can bring it back. The second you can’t stand it anymore, just yell and I’ll come running back ok?” he went on.

“Why do I have to do it?” I whined.

“A guy murdered his wife up here while she was in the shower before killing himself,” he told me, making my insides drop suddenly.

“Zak,” I started again.

“All you have to do is stand in the shower. You’ll be fine,” he kept going.

“In the shower?” I shot at him.

“If you do this, I’ll take you out for dinner,” he smirked. Even though his face was lit up green and had glowy eyes… it was cute.

“Promise?” I asked him.

“I promise,” he smiled, reaching over to give my hand a squeeze. “Be careful,” he went on before he turned his other camera on and walked out of the room, leaving the door opened.

I watched as his LCD screen disappeared down the hall. A huge sigh came out of me as I mentally prepared myself for what I was about to do. After a few seconds of breathing, I stepped inside the shower, camera on me and EVP in hand.

“Did you die in here?” I asked, having no idea why. “The things I do for that gorgeous man,” I muttered to myself without thinking, forgetting that they were going to see this at some point.

“Do I look like your wife? Is that why you taunt woman with brown hair?” I went on to question.

Shortly after that, those chills starting spiking up again, bringing back my shivers. I can do this… I can do this… I can do this… for a dinner with Zak. But suddenly, I felt this static pressure on my arm. It was enough to make me jump.

“Are you touching my arm right now?” I asked, breathing heavily.

The feeling stayed for a few seconds before it went away quickly. That chill still filled the room though. But now, something different came over me. I felt his feeling of dread and sorrow… sadness maybe?

“Did you regret killing your wife? Is that why you killed yourself?” I asked, holding out the EVP device more.

I didn’t get any kind of response from this. So, I took a different approach. I’ve been around Zak too much.

“Do you know killing yourself is a coward’s way out? Did you not want to deal with what you had just done? Take the easy way out?” I provoked.

Right away, a wind blew by me quickly and then came back, staying near. I didn’t want Zak back here more than I did right now. I opened my mouth to say something, but my voice got caught. It felt like… something was choking me.

I tried taking a few steps back to make the feeling subside… it didn’t. By now I was gasping for air. My EVP detector went plummeting to the ground, making a loud bang fill the bathroom. After that happened, the sensation that was cutting off my air supply stopped.

“Za… Zak!” I attempted to shout, but it was nothing but a whisper. I waited a few more seconds, collecting myself before I tried again. “ZAK!” I yelled this time. It could have been louder, but it did the job.

His heavy footsteps could be heard, flying down the hall. Before he could get in here, I left this room. I didn’t want any other part of it. Something obviously didn’t want me in here… and I wasn’t sticking around. The same time I stepped back out into the bedroom, Zak came zooming in.

“What happened?” he asked, panting.

“Something… something…” I stuttered out, fear tears filling my eyes.

“Sh, it’s ok. Tell me what happened,” he said gently while wrapping his warm comforting arms around me.

“Something…” I started again, trying to form words. “Something… choked me,” I told him.

“Are you serious?” he asked quickly, holding me at arm’s length to look at me.

“Yes, you think I would lie about shit like that?” I asked, offended that he didn’t believe me right away.

He led me over to a piece of furniture again and swapped cameras with me. I filmed him as much as I could while he rewound the tape. He watched with his brow wrinkled up, taking in the little screen in front of him. Shortly after though, the sounds of me gasping for air could be heard. Without a word, he switched the camera back to record and stomped into the bathroom.

“Did you choke her? Did you choke my girlfriend?” he seemed to snap.

What… What? Whoa! Girlfriend? Zak and I go way back, but… we’ve never dated. I wanted too, but… He just called me his girlfriend!

“Come on, you little bastard. You keep attacking woman. I’m right here. Attack me!” he shouted, making his voice boom in the small area of the bathroom.

Nothing happened. It wasn’t chilly anymore; no whispers filled the room… nothing. This just made me want to get out of here even more. But we still had a good eight hours in here. I wasn’t looking forwards to it.

“Are you ok?” he asked once we were finally leaving this room, turning his camera on me.

“Yeah,” I sighed, running my hand through my hair.

“Whoa, hold up,” he said, stopping right in the middle of the hallway. He went on to dig his flashlight out of his back pocket and brought the light over my neck. “It’s all red,” he went on with concern in his voice.

“I told you I got choked,” I shot at him.

“Are you ok to keep going? I understand if you want out of here,” he told me.

“No… we’re locked in and we’re not getting out until they let us out,” I replied, feeling a new wave of confidence come over me.

“You’re one tough cookie,” he chuckled while hooking an arm around me.

“I have to be if I’m your… ‘girlfriend’,” I teased once we started walking again.

“Well, now that that’s settled…” he said with a smirk in his voice.

“I didn’t get a formal ‘will you be my girlfriend’ though. I’m not that type of girl, Zachary,” I taunted once again.

“I can’t ask you in a haunted house,” he chuckled.

“I’m holding you to it when we get out of her,” I told him, walking a little faster to be in front of him. I don’t need him now. I just went through a ghost choking me. I can handle anything!

“Molly, your butt looks cute in night vision,” he snickered, making me roll my eyes.

“Too bad you can’t have it since we’re locked down,” I teased.

“Oh, that’s mean,” he shot back playfully.

Even though I was prepared to walk off on my own a few times during the remainder of the time that we were in here, Zak and I stayed by each other… and we got some kick ass evidence. Nothing as intense as the bathroom thing, but it was still an amazing night. I’m glad I came.

Once we were finally unlocked from the house, everyone seemed to let out a sigh of relief while Aaron went over to get the last exterior camera. I started following Nick and Aaron to the van, but Zak tugged on my hand. I looked back at him and couldn’t help but smile. Even though he was so tried, he pushed a cute little grin across his face too.

“We’re not in a haunted house anymore,” he smiled while pulling me against him.

“And your eyes aren’t all scary and glowy,” I teased through a giggle as our noses touched.

“Is this an appropriate environment to ask you a certain question?” he asked while I hugged onto his hunky frame.

“Whatever you find fitting,” I smiled, loosely hooking my arms around his neck.

“I hate that it took a demonic entity attack on you to realize how much I care about you. But I think you’re a beautiful person inside and out, and I would love if you would be apart of all the crazy stuff I do while being my girlfriend,” he said with a small smile.

“I’d love that too,” I grinned.

His smile grew as he slowly inched closer, leaving the sweetest kiss on my lips. Once we parted, I wanted to enjoy this moment, but Nick was there… with a camera in his hand.

“Documenting that at…” he started while looking down at his watch, “6:34 Zak and Molly shared their first kiss,” he went on, making me roll my eyes.

“Who said it was our first?” I shot at him.

This made him shoot looks between Zak and I. The two of us couldn’t hold in our chuckles from the look he was giving us. He went on to walk off with a huff. I grinned and hugged up to Zak for a few more minutes before we started for the van with our arms tucked tightly around each other.

Never did I think, after what I just experienced tonight, I would walk away with a boyfriend… who’s way too good looking. He makes me melt when I just look at him. He always has. But now we’re together… with the help of a crazy patrimonial experience. Life can be crazy sometimes, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would love to write a Zak story, but i don't know if any of you read my other stuff, but I haven't updated much of anything lately other than joint stories soooo yeah. Maybe one day it'll happen lol

Molly

comment please?