Status: Slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww Updates...but they're coming!

The Playmate vs. The Lead Singer

Chapter 8

Alex hadn’t heard from Jack all weekend and he wasn’t really surprised. One thing he was was completely crushed. Jack had put just as much into the kiss as Alex had and he had run away.

Alex put himself out there and he though that kiss was going to change everything. He though Jack was going to realize that he returned the feelings that Alex had for him and was going to call off whatever Holly and he had going on.

He was obviously wrong and he wasn’t sure if he was going to be able to handle it when they went back into the studio again tomorrow morning. Alex was scared shitless and embarrassed because he was shot down by Jack.

It was approaching two in the morning and Alex had yet to fall asleep for the last three hours. He was wide awake so he heard the car pull into the driveway and immediately knew who it was.

Alex listened as Jack unlocked the front door and then shut it behind him. However, instead of hearing Jack’s footsteps head upstairs where his bedroom was, he could here foot steps approaching the room he was in. The door creaked open and Alex was thankful his back was to it because he was scared stiff at the moment.

Why was Jack in his room? More importantly, why was Jack taking off his jeans and t-shirt and crawling under the covers with him?

“I missed you.” Jack mumbled to whom he though was a sleeping Alex as he pulled him tightly back against his chest.

Alex slowly turned around so he was facing Jack and stared at him. “What are you doing here?”

Jack stared into Alex’s sad brown eyes and made a decision. He cared about Alex, probably loved him and he wanted him to know that. Even though he still had Holly.

“Kiss me.” Jack mumbled as their noses brushed up against each others.

Alex didn’t object at all. He kissed Jack with all he had and held onto him because he wasn’t going to let him run away this time. The kiss was desperate and Alex whimpered slightly into it before Jack pulled away.

Pecking his lips a couple more times before fully pulling away Jack tucked Alex back into his arms and rested his head on top of his.

“I don’t understand.” Alex whimpered as he tried to hold back tears.

He wasn’t sure why he was about to cry, but he was just so confused. He had gotten his hopes up the first time Jack kissed him and now Jack crawling into his bed in the middle of the night and asking him for a kiss just confused him that much more.

“I don’t either, Alex.” Jack mumbled into Alex’s blondish hair.

Alex didn’t say anything else. He didn’t know what to say. Jack didn’t have the answers that Alex wanted, needed. He couldn’t decide what to do.

Jack had Holly and he was currently cuddling Alex like he was the most precious thing in the world and making out with him. It was now obvious Jack felt something towards him, but he wasn’t going to give up Holly.

Alex cuddled in closer to Jack and rested his head in the crook of his neck. This was the closest he had ever felt to Jack; he was going to take what he could get.

~x0x~

Waking up still encased in Jack’s tight embrace was the best feeling in the world. Not only that, but the lazy morning make out session was even better.

It all had to end though and they had to leave the safety and comfort of Alex’s bedroom to head to the studio. Alex had been hitting ever note flawlessly and everyone could tell the difference.

Rian and Zack weren’t sure where the attitude change came from, but they were okay with it because they were actually making successful progress instead of listening to Alex fuck up notes all day. They didn’t even catch on to the smile that Jack had been sending Alex all morning as he sat outside the booth in direct view of Alex.

Alex had finished up most of his parts for the day and had been sitting on the couch quietly talking to Jack. They were more or less flirting with each other like teenagers, but no one else took notice.

Jack’s laptop suddenly started ringing and the boys jumped apart as Jack looked over at his laptop screen to see that he had a skype call from Holly. A smile spread across his face that Alex took very much a notice to.

“Jackalope!” She shouted when Jack accepted the call and Alex scooted even further away from Jack so he wasn’t visible on the screen.

“Hey, babe.” Jack said. “What’s up?”

Alex could already feel the pain spreading threw his chest as Jack called Holly ‘babe’. He should have known this was how it was going to be.

“Nothing, I actually have a question for you.” The blonde on the computer screen said as she twirled one of her blonde curls around her finger. “I was wondering if you wanted to come on vacation with me in a couple weeks.”

Jack thought about their schedule and realized that in two weeks they would be done recording for the most part and just waiting for their tour to start. “Of course!” Jack exclaimed.

“Yay!” Holly exclaimed. “Baby, I’m so excited!”

Alex completely tuned out the conversation and he curled into himself; pulling his knees to his chest. Why was Jack so excited to be talking to Holly? Hadn’t he just spent a wonderful morning with Alex?

Alex had had a taste of what Jack and he could have and now he wanted it more then ever, but Jack was no longer showing any signs of feeling the same way.

“Hey, guys!” Jack exclaimed. “I’m going to Florida with Holly in a couple weeks!”

“Awesome, bro!” Rian exclaimed and gave him a high-five.

“Make sure you guys actually spend time outside the room.” Zack joked.

“Yeah right!” Jack laughed. “Let me tell you, this girl is always horny!”

This time Alex was pretty sure he was going to puke. He was now completely disgusted. Jumping up quickly from the couch, Alex ran from the room and down the hall to the bathroom. He quickly locked the door behind himself and tried to catch his breath before he did puke. And once again, he was crying over Jack

Jack saw Alex’s quick moments as he ran for the door to the studio and his heart fell to his toes as he realized what really just happened. Jack had given Alex every reason to think he wanted him, but then to agree to go on vacation with Holly and broadcasting their sex life, made it seem like he was playing Alex.

He wasn’t trying to, the last thing he wanted to do was hurt Alex, but he liked Holly; really liked her. He wasn’t ready to call it quits with her for something that hasn’t even been established. He knew he wanted to be with Holly, but he wasn’t sure about what he wanted with Alex; and it almost broke his heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments=faster updates <3

xTori