Like Two Perfect Circles Entwined

Never Been So Hard

I checked myself in the mirror as I chewed on my bottom lip. I was definitely nervous about how today would be. I adjusted my skirt before walking into the kitchen where Spencer was toasting a poptart.

“Is this alright, Spence?” I asked as I looked down at myself and then back up to him. I studied his face to find his real emotions, but he hid them well. He tried to hide too much.

“Wow. You look stunning. I will say though, don’t expect to wear that all the time to work if you’re going to be in the field.” He stated with a smile. I smiled back at him as I grabbed a banana and began to peel it as Spencer stuffed his pastry into his mouth. “Let’s get going. No need to be late on your first day.” He grabbed a briefcase as I grabbed my bag and we headed out the door.

On the way, we stopped at a local coffee shop to get the good stuff before we would be limited to the instant coffee that all work places had. I let the smell fill my nostrils as Spencer drove us to the BAU office. I couldn’t manage to slap the smirk off my face; I was way too excited for my first day of work. We both got out of the car and walked across the street. When we got inside, I checked my phone to see that it was about five minutes before work officially started. Well, I wasn’t going to get brownie points for being early, but I’m sure I could get some another way. I listened to the sound of my heels against the floor as I followed Spencer down the hall of my new job. I saw lot’s of faces, faces I would hopefully get to know and love. I loved becoming friends with people at work; it made life a little more enjoyable.

“Ah, they are all in the conference room. This is a perfect time to introduce you to the rest of the team. Are you ready?” He asked. I searched his eyes. He was excited about me joining the team. Of course I was as well, but I knew it would make Spencer better off. I came out of my miniature trance and nodded to him, my eyes bright and hopeful. Spencer opened the door and immediately everyone turned their heads in our direction. I smiled without even hesitating. I saw some very welcoming looking people.

“Here she is now. Team, this is Agent Mickey Reid, and she is going to be joining our team, as I said before. She is Spencer’s sister and we expect she will be an exceptional replacement for Agent Prentiss. Mickey, my name is Aaron Hotchner. I’ll let everyone introduce themselves.” He said with a warm smile. I immediately knew Agent Hotchner was a reserved man. He was older, probably in his mid 40s. He was either single or divorced; it was something I could see in his eyes. He also seemed to be dedicated to his job. I walked over to him before anyone had a chance to speak.

“Nice to meet you, Agent Hotchner. I feel very lucky to be joining the BAU. Thank you so much for hiring me!” I said with enthusiasm. I reached out to shake his hand. He grabbed my hand and shook it quite firmly.

“Please Mickey, call me Hotch. And it’s sure a pleasure to have you with us.” Agent Hotchner said. I turned to the rest of the team after sneaking a glance at Spencer. He gave me a reassuring wink and smile. The first to speak was a guy who looked rather scruffy, with a beard and warm features. He walked closer to me and stuck out his hand.

“Hi Mickey, I’m Agent David Rossi. Feel free to call me whatever you like, Rossi is what I am usually referred to as though. It’s wonderful to have you join us.” I smiled and thanked him before turning to one of the only woman in the room. She was dressed in extravagant clothing, and I instantly knew we were going to be best friends.

“Well howdy sweet cheeks, I’ll have you know I’m so stinkin’ happy you came, I was being drowned in the man stink and am just absolutely thrilled to have another girl! My name is Penelope Garcia, and yes, I am a technological genius. Feel free to bow down to my authority.” The girl, Penelope, smiled a quirky little grin and I knew she was kidding.

“Oh don’t worry darling, I don’t question your talents one bit. I also admire your ability to accessorize while you obviously work your tush off on the PC. Spencer has told me lot’s about you. Delighted to meet you really!” I said, laughing at how embarrassing I was being.

“This girl is absolutely adorable! Honey, where have you been all my life?” She asked as she got up to hug me. We shared our first moment together as we hugged. I then turned to the other girl and smiled in her direction.

“Hi, my name is Jennifer Jareau. Call me JJ. I’m the team’s liaison. If you ever need anything, feel free to ask me.” I thanked her and shook her hand. I then turned to the last person in the room. He was a black guy, but very light skinned, and boy was he handsome. I could tell he was a player with his flirty smile and the way he was sitting. He put his hand out so I extended mine too. I took my hand in his and kissed it. I fought my urge to vomit.

“Hello gorgeous. I’m Derek Morgan. Feel free to call me sexy. Or just call me.” He flashed his flawless smile. At least he was cute. I smiled anyway before I returned to my spot next to Reid.

“Please, Agent Reid and, um, Agent Reid, sit down. Well, we’re going to have to figure something out. Anyways, tell us about yourself, Mickey.” My head shot up as I heard my name. I have to admit, I wasn’t totally paying attention. I blushed hard and looked up to Agent Hotchner.

“Well, my full name is Mickey Juliper Reid. Call me whatever you want, most people call me Mick, MJ, and Jules. And of course Mickey. I’m 22 years old, and before you ask, no, I am no where close to being at the level of intellect of my brother. I was a dancer and a singer before I got serious about having a real job, so I’m not very experienced at being a profiler so I’ll do my best. My favorite color is yellow. Oh, and I got to meet Morgan Freeman once, he told me I had small feet. And, um, okay I’m just going to stop talking.” I smiled and blushed again.

“Well Mickey, we are all very glad to have you. Fortunately for you, we have no case today, so it will be a good day to get acquainted with everyone. Alright guys, get to work on filing all your recent profiles. Agent Mickey, stop by my office before you leave today. Thanks guys.” With that being said, I nodded and Hotch left the room. As soon as he did, a few questions were being thrown toward me.

“Wow, you’re so young! You’re even younger than Reid was when he started! How did you get in?” Garcia asked.

“Where did you go to college?” I heard JJ ask. I think Rossi asked me something too but I didn’t quite catch it. I wasn’t quite sure how to answer all the questions so Spence saved me and talked to them about me. I noticed Derek was staring at me and being very quiet.

“Derek, are you alright? Is something wrong? I asked as I touched his arm. He shook his head, obviously coming out of his trance.

DEREK

I shook my head. When I caught her staring at me, a chill went through my body. I knew if I wasn’t black I would blush, and I thanked God for the color of my skin silently. What was happening to me? “Oh yeah, babe, I’m totally fine. No need to worry about me.” I flashed her a smile and she returned with the most beautiful grin I had ever seen before returning to the conversation she was in with Garcia. She was truly the most gorgeous creature I had ever laid eyes on. Everything about her was perfect. She was shy and awkward, just like Reid, but something about her made it adorable. She was so sweet, but I could tell there was pain in her eyes. This girl was different. No girl had ever gotten me tongue tied before, no girl ever made my throat dry. No girl ever gave me chills or made my hands shake a little bit. No girl ever made my mind so muddy. And certainly no girl had ever gotten me so hard just by smiling at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, chapter two :D
Sorry it took me longer than I thought! I'm not going to make excuses for you though!
Please comment so I know I'm not screwing up terribly!
Enjoy!