Status: Activeee.[:

Real World: Malibu

Chapter 2.

Kay's Point Of View
He knew. It hasn't even been 5 minutes since I said yes to being Best Friends with Benefits with Kenny again, and Bryan knew. I bet he was laying on his stomach on the stairs, eavesdropping. That sounds like something he would do. But he is my best friend, so he would have found out sooner rather than later.

"Hey, Kay, you wanna show me around. ?" Bry asked giving me that look again. I knew he just wanted to talk about Kenny.

"Um, yeah sure. But I think after you, we should just wait til everyone gets her, then show the house. I feel like a freaking real estate agent." I said laughing lightly. "Kenny, why don't you wait here for everyone else. ?"

"Yeah, no problem."

Bryan quickly threw me over his shoulder and started walking downstairs. I was laughing the entire time, not even trying to make him put me down, because I knew he wouldn't until we were away from Kennedy.

"Okay, so Kanitha. Why'd you say yes to Kenny. ? Last time you were devastated when they left for tour. " He said, straight to the point. He leaned against the wall of the water-skiing room.

"First, how did you find out. ?"

"I may or may not have been laying on my stomach on the stair, eavesdropping."

I laughed. " I knew it, I know you so well, Bry. "

"But, anyways, I told you already. I was only devastated because he was the only person who truly wanted me, and I knew if he did fuck someone else, it wouldn't be someone I knew. It's not like we were exclusive, and it's not like I'm a slut, but when I visited them, I needed an escape. I mean, I know I can always turn to music, but Kennedy offered something outside my comfort zone. When we I was there for those 3 weeks, we we together every night. So when he left, I felt empty because I was so used to having him there." I told him, for what had to be the tenth time. I twirled my memorial ring necklace around. A habit I have.

"But Kay, you do realize that it'll be the same thing this time. ? It's for 6 months now, which will end even worse than last time."

" Bryan, I know what I'm doing. Your my best friend and I know your just looking out for me, but trust me on this. " I replied, walking over to where he stood and hugged him.

"I just don't wanna watch you get hurt. " He said, stroking my hair.

"I will get hurt at least once this trip, you realize that right. ?"

"Yeah, I do." He sighed. I pulled out of the hug and looked into his eyes.

"Best Friends since Diapers.' I said, putting my hand out. A smile playing on my lips.

"Till gray haired in Rocking Chairs." He finished, smiling and putting his own hand out. We did our secret handshake and hugged again.

"Okay, so we have to finish this tour. Come on." I said, smiling and pulling him out of the room.

"Kay."

"Hmm. ?"

"You know I love you, right.?"

"Yeah, and you know I love you too right. ?"

"Of course I do."

Having Bryan by my side again was amazing. He is my best friend. I'd be freaking lost in space if I didn't have him.

----------

When we walked back upstairs, everybody was there. All my other roommates for the next 6 months. I recognized Alex Gaskarth out of everybody that just arrived.He looked amazing, as usual. He always was a ladies' man during the first two years of High School where I lived near him and the band. He looked like he always did.

"Alexander Motherfucking Gaskarth. !" I yelled, a smile on my lips. His head snapped up at the sound of his name and my voice. He broke out in a huge smile.

"Kanitha Motherfucking Duong. !" He replied, walking over and engulfing me in a hug. I hugged him back tightly, and then pulled away after a moment.

"It's been way to long Alex. Like what, a month. ?" I joked, laughing lightly as I punched his arm.

"That is still way too long Kay. " He laughed.

I looked over at the 4 strangers standing with Kenny. There were 3 more girls and 1 guy. I walked over to the little group.

"Hey guys. I'm Kanitha. Also known as Kay." I said smiling. It was easy for me to meet new people.

"Hey, I'm Chester. But If you call me that, I'd have to kill you. Chett." The 1 guy, now known as Chett, said. I stepped forward and gave him a hug. I was always a hugger.

"I'm Cassadee. You can call me whatever." A girl with maroon hair with a purple streak said. I recognized her from Hey Monday.

I walked over and hugged her too. She was the next tallest girl, the other two, I realized, were several inches shorter than me.

I turned and say a girl with orangey-red hair. i soon recognized her as Hayley from Paramore.

"Hey, I'm Hayley." She said, this time it was her who stepped forward for the hug.

"And I am Sierra. You can call me See." I gave her a hug. I officially knew all my roommates for the next 6 months.

"I'm Alex, if you guys didn't figure that out by Kay's screaming." Alex said, a smile on his lips.

"Jerkface." I said, hitting him lightly in the stomach. I stuck my tongue out at him like I was 5. We started making silly faces at each other. Everybody laughing at how we were acting.

" I am Bryan, for those of you who don't know me." Bryan said, a smile still on his lips from laughing.

"And I'm Kennedy, or Kenny."

"I think we should give the grand tour now." I said, gesturing towards the inner house with my arms. "Back to being a freaking real estate agent. This way please." I said laughing lightly.

-------------------

After the grand tour we all situated ourselves on the couches in the main living room. We were all used to the cameras by now. They started filming each of us as soon as we stepped into the car that brought us here.

"Okay, so I was first to get here,I got to see the house first. And in my exploration, I came across this note." I said, pulling out a paper from my back pocket. "I shall read it out loud."

"Hello and Welcome to Malibu. By now, we hope you are used to the cameras. They will be following you around 24/7 for the next 6 months. When you signed the contract for being on this show, you have agreed to many things. You are aware of each, that is why if you have any cell phones with you, please hand them to your nearest cameraman. It will be in our possession for your stay."

I stopped and looked at everybody. Reluctantly, I pulled out my sidekick form my back pocket and handed it to a cameraman. Everybody followed suit.

"As you know, there will be bedmates. They are pre-determined already, but you do have chose of room. Now, you may choose to switch bedmates at any time, but if you are all to stay with the given bedmate, you each will receive $1000 at the end of your stay. The bedmates are as followed.
Sierra and Alex.
Hayley and Bryan.
Cassadee and Kennedy.
Kanitha and Chett.
"

We all looked at our bedmates. I knew me and Chett would be good friends, just by the way he dressed. I mean, yeahh, he wore skinny jeans like the rest of the guys, but he wore a We The Kings band Tee. Some of my good friends. I knew everyone in the house had pretty much the same taste in music, so when I'm belting out lyrics, like I often do, they won't mind.. much.

"I think we should decide of rooms." Alex said.

"Yeah, okay so who wants what room. ?" Cassadee asked. The room suddenly filled with chatter as everyone tried to get their voice heard.

I quickly whistled with my fingers, silencing everyone.

"How do you do that. ?" See whispered, trying to do it herself. And failing.

"Okay, First, I think we should all do the 4 sports while we're here." There were voices of agreement. "And second, I think we should draw the room from a hat. " I went to one of my tote bags and pulled out my lyrics book. I pulled out a fresh sheet of paper and quickly ripped it into 4 pieces and scribbled each room onto a piece. I walked over to Alex and quickly snatched his beanie off his head.

"Kayyyyyyyyyy. " He whined.

I ignored him and dropped the folded up pieces of paper into the beanie. "Okay, so each girl of the group will pick a paper, then we'll reveal who got what room once all 4 of us have a paper."

They all nodded in agreement. I walked over to Cassadee and held out the hat. She reached inside and pulled out a single piece of paper. I did the same to See and Hayley. I finally reached in and pulled out the last piece. I looked down at the paper I had in my hand.

Jet-skiing.

"Okay, Me and Chett's room is the jet-skiing room. Cass, what's yours and Kenny's room. ?"

"We got Para-sailing."

"Me and Bryan got Water-skiing." Hayley said.

"And me and Alex got surfing. " We all asked the guys to bring all the heavy bags up to the correct room.

"What do we get out of it. ?" They all whined.

"I'll cook some of my pancakes tomorrow." Those who knew me knew I was an amazing cook. And my pancakes were especially good.

"Okayyyy. ! " Bryan, Alex, and Kennedy quickly agreed.

"What's so special about your pancakes. ?" Chett asked confused.

"Dude, her cooking is delicious. And her pancakes, are ..... no words can describe them man." Alex said slinging his arm around Chett's shoulders. He shrugged and they all went to go carry the bags downstairs. Us girls took the light stuff and started heading to the room's where each bag belonged. Soon enough everything was where they should be. We all met in the small hallway outside all 4 rooms.

"I think we should go to Olive Garden and get to know each other." See suggested, " I saw one a block down from here. "

Everybody agreed, but the girls told the guys that we needed to change first. They reluctantly agreed, telling us to take less than half an hour.

I walked into my room and walked over to my suitcases and bags. One of my suitcases were filled with just shoes. I was big on Converses and I had a lot of them, all different colors. I had some heels and flats in theree too. I changed my top and grabbed my bathroom bag, heading for the bathroom. I stood in front of a mirror and laid my bag on the sink. I pulled out my brush and quickly brushed through my hair, bobby pinning my bangs on the top of my head. I applied another layer of eyeliner and mascara. I looked at myself in the mirror after applying some lipgloss, and accepting how I looked, I walked back into my room. I threw the bag onto the bed and grabbed a white clutch and slipped some money, my camera, and my ID into it. I switched out my earrings for Hoops and put some random bracelets on. I reached up and touched my lip piercing subconsciously. I walked upstairs to find the everyone, but me. I took 15 minutes tops.

"Okay, let's go." I said, making my presence known. We all walked out the door and walked to the Olive Garden that was indeed, a block away. Once we all ordered, we started talking. I was sitting next to Kennedy and Alex and across from Bryan. Kenny's hand rested on my thigh.

"Oh, Before I forget, I have to finish reading the letter.

"As you may have noticed, there are two Audi A6 Sedans in the driveway. These cars are all yours, you will need it to go grocery shopping, to work, or anywhere. Speaking of work, there is no given work from us, so you may do what you wish. Those of you in a band, you may play shows only in Malibu. You have to take at least 2 other housemates. There is a music room equipped with 6 guitars, 3 basses, and a keyboard, along with the grand piano in the living room. All of you roommates, may travel outside of the city, but you have to inform the head cameraman, and you have to take at least 3 other housemates. You know the rules, you know the consequences. You can be kicked off. Enjoy your time in Malibu, and get to know the everyone, you'll be living with them for 6 months. Have Fun. ! -The Real World Producers."

"Wow, that was a lot of information." Alex said. We all started laughing, then the food came. We all ate for a few minutes in silence.

"So, I think we should go around and everybody say a little about themselves, and then everyone else is free to ask any questions." I said. Everyone agreed. "Okay I'll go first.."

Alex's Point Of View.

Wow, she still looked amazing. I saw her a month ago and she could still take my breath away with one look. Yeah, she was one of my best friends, but I couldn't help it. I thankfully, could manage to not stare at her.

"Hmm, So I was born in Boston and I have known Bryan here and the other guys of Boys Like Girls since we were all in diapers. Uhh, after 5th grade my mom and dad decided to move to Tempe Arizona where I met Kenny and the rest of the guys of the Maine. After Middle school we moved to Baltimore. Jack was my neighbor and I soon met Alex, Zack and Rian. After sophomore year, we moved to Bradenton, Florida where I went to high school and became buds with the guys of We The Kings. Umm, I mostly listen to Alternative and Rock. Music is my escape. I usually listen to All Time Low, The Maine, or Boys Like Girls when I have to go through hard times," I watched as she reached up and twirled her necklace, a habit she always had, " I listen to music pretty much all the time, so get used to my iPod and speakers. My favorite bands are All Time Low, The Maine, Boys Like Girls, We The Kings, The Ready Set, Artist Vs Poet, Disco Curtis, Forever The Sickest Kids, and Stereo Skyline. I applied to a bunch of colleges and got into Pepperdine Univesity here in Malibu. I'm thinking of starting this fall if I get the money. I want to become an elementary school teacher. I used to ice-skate all the time. I was really good at it, but I quit when I moved to Florida because my grandparents were ill. I haven't skated since, and I miss it, a lot. And yeahh." she finished. "Questions. ?"

"I have one." Cassadee said. "Have you been in love before. ?"

I watched as she smiled, "Yeah, I have been. Twice. The first was Matt. He lived in Florida. The other was Koby, also from Florida. They were both really sweet and funny guys,"

"What is that necklace.?" Chett asked. She looked down and realized she was twirling it again.

"Oh, well, going to a bunch of different schools, I had a lot of friends. And trust me, I tried my hardest to keep in touch with everyone. Well, a bunch of my friends, like 30, decided to join the military once they got out of high school. Matt being one of them. Well, after a month some of them got deployed, I got a call from one of their sisters. She called and told me that my friend, Evan, had died, saving a little child across the sea. I cried. A lot. About 2 days after that call I walked into a jewelery shop and got a silver band, and asked them to engrave it. I had them engrave his full name, his birthday and the day he died. I did this for every friend that died. I got a band that was slightly bigger for when I got the call that broke my heart. Matt had died, saving a villager family. It's just you know, something that I can keep with me. I miss them. " She said, silent tears running down her face. She quickly wiped them away. "But I always remember the amazing times we had together. And I'm always wearing the necklace no matter what."

Everyone was silent for a moment. Nobody knew what to say.

Kay, quickly smiled, and laughed lightly, " Okay, enough of the sad stories from me. Any other questions. ?"

"Yeah, I have one, how much a night. ?" I said jokingly. She quickly hit me in the stomach, causing everyone to laugh.

"I am not gonna even answer that Gaskarth." She said smiling her million-dollar smile.

"Okay, my real question. What are 3 things you wanna do while your here in Malibu. ?" I asked. I really did want to know.

"Hmmm, Swim with Dolphins, Do all the sports of the rooms, and Just live life to the fullest." She replied, then going back to her food.

"One last question. Tattoos and piercings." Hayley said.

I watched as she stood up and lifted up her shirt on the right side. She showed everyone the tattoo that was there. She dropped her shirt and turned, pulling down her jean waist down a bit. She had a tattoo that said, " Music is my only escape." with a heart next to it, just below her waist. Finally she showed everyone her right wrist, which had a simple treble cleft. She pointed out her many ear piercings, her nose piercing and her lip piercing.

"That's everything." She said, sitting back down. I've seen all her tattoos and her piercings before, but just to see her body.

"Your tattoos are so pretty. !" All the girls gushed. The guys just mumbled, "Cool." Taken aback a little from her body.

"Thank you, no more questions. ? Chett your turn."

We all took turns sharing about ourselves and being questioned. We all joked and got along great. I knew I would be friends with everyone for a long time. I could feel a song coming on. I tried to focus on the dinner, but lyrics just flowed through my head. Once we were all done eating, we started walking home.

"Oh my God, look, the sun's setting. Let's go take pictures on the beach." Kay suggested,pulling out her lime green camera from her clutch.We all followed as she basically skipped to the beach. She was so hyper, that it just spread and everyone was hyper, me being more since I'm hyper in the first place. We spent about half an hour on the beach, just goofing around and taking pictures. It was like we all knew each other for our entire life, instead of a few hours.

Once we got home, I went to the music room and grabbed a guitar. I sat on the bed in my room, and started writing down the song that overtook my mind during dinner. I got so into it that I didn't realize Kay standing in the doorway.

"Alex. Alex. !" I turned in surprise, and there she stood in a black bikini with big white dots. A transformers towel in her hand. She had headphones in one ear, her IPod in one hand. I guessed she was gonna attach it to the speakers in the hottub room." Hey, we're all going into the hottub, you up for it. ?"

"Anything to see you in a bikini." I said smirking. As she just chuckled and rolled her eyes. "Yeah, I'll be there in a second." She turned and walked towards the hottub.

If she only knew how serious I was about being able to see her in a bikini. I looked down at the words I wrote already.

Make believe that I impress. That every word, By design Turns a head. I wanna feel reckless. I wanna live it up, just because. I wanna feel weightless. Cause that would be enough.

I walked to the hottub in my shorts to see Chett and Kenny looking at Kay while she sat and talked to the girls. I scoffed. At least I can keep my looks inconspicuous.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next one will be up later tonight. :D