Status: Close to it's end! Hit me With your feedback FOLKS!!

Of Love And Broken Toes

Voluntary Kisses

Its times like these I ask myself ,

Why me?

I groaned and quickly grabbed some napkins from the table and sat down. Doing my best to get the wetness out of my dress, I ignored him.

"Uh, you want some help?" He said.

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Not like that, I just meant, nevermind" he said quickly.

"How is your foot?" He said, scratching the back of his head.

He looked anywhere but my face.

"Its healing well, few more weeks and the cast comes off." I said monotonously.

"That's good news, I'm glad." He said, just standing while I was sitting.

Cue awkward moment.

He put his hands in his pockets,

"Fay?" He said.

I looked at him, and I saw remorse on his face and in those honey orbs. He smiled nervously,

"I wanted to, uh, talk about, last week I really mi-"

"James! There you are! I was wondering where you had gone off to. I still haven't given you a tour of the house." Came a low seductive voice.

This voice belonged to a girl around my age. She was pretty to say the least. She had long curly black hair that cascaded down her shoulders, and olive colored skin, brown eyes, and a familiar smile.

She was wearing a small red dress that hugged her curves, with red strap heels.

She grabbed James arm possessively. And looked at me and smiled, but you could tell it was forced.

"Oh who's this?" She said.

"This is Fay, she lives next door to you." He said looking between her and I.

And then it hit me, she must be who my mother was talking about. Marco's older sister, no wonder she looked familiar.

"Fay. I didn't know we were neighbors. Nice to meet you I'm Marcela Aranda." She said in a vindictive way, strange since I haven't done anything to her.

She didn't vibe well with me, James looked at her and seemed puzzled as well.

I smiled a little,

"Nice to meet you Marcela." I said politely.

"Hey Fay I snuck away for a bit" Came another voice. It was Marco.

He stood infront of me with a goofy grin. He noticed his sister and James there and turned to them,

"Ah I see you've met Fay." He said smiling. He looked to James, who looked a little red for some reason.

"Hey I'm Marco." Marco said sticking out his hand.

"James Alden, nice to...meet you." James said, he seemed a little reluctant to shake his hand.

He was acting a little weird, I even noticed he stood a little taller, like he was trying to scare Marco away with his body build.

Marco smiled and turned back to me,

"Hey wanna go get some cake?" He asked.

Before I could respond Marcela cut in.

"There's a big wet spot on your dress, maybe you should go get changed." She said in a sweet voice.

Before I could say anything she said,

"Well I hope you two don't mind me stealing James here." She said, her stare turned malicious.

I kept my face emotionless and said nothing, just shook my head.

James looked at me, and I could see that he didn't want to go.

But maybe this is for the best. Maybe she would be a better match for him, though I doubt that. But I'm not about to fight over him or cause a scene.

She pulled him away with a look of triumph on her face, and James looked at me one more time, and turned away looking disappointed. And he left with her and made their way inside her house.

"He likes you. A lot." Marco startled me out of my little reverie.

"Huh?" I said dumbly.

Marco rolled his eyes.

"That guy who left with my sister, James, you know your James. He likes you." He said like it was the most obvious thing.

I scoffed.

"No he doesn't." I said.

"Whatever, you just keep basking in your river of denial." He said.


"So how about that cake?" He said moments later.

I was about to say yes when,

"Marco! Where are you?" Came that booming voice of his father. It was beginning to annoy me.

Marco hunched a little,

"Oops I think my dad noticed I ditched him."

"Its ok, go before he gets even more aggravated." I said.

"Are you sure you'll be ok alone?" He said.

"Quit worrying. I think I will head home early, my foot is beginning to hurt." I said. It was true, it was time for me to take my pain medication.

He looked like he didn't believe me. But smiled anyway, and left.

As I made to go home I felt a pang in my chest, regretting not saying anything to Marcela about James. But I honestly don't know what I could have said to her. I don't want a worse reputation then I must already have.

With that thought in mind, I opened our house door since it wasn't locked and went in.

I sighed and made my way to the kitchen, to find my pain medication.

After taking all 3 pills, I stood facing the sink filling my glass with water, and looked outside the window. I could see the party from here, people were still dancing laughing, eating and having fun.

As I turned around spit out the water that was in my mouth, dropped my glass and it shattered.

"I missed you."

He was here.

"You don't know how much Fay."

He was looking so intently at me with determination on his face.

"I like you Fay, a lot."

He had this strange look in his eyes. I'm not sure, it almost looked like admiration..

My heart started pounding hard against my chest.

"W-what are you doing here?" I said stuttering. Backing myself into the sink.

"I told you, Fay I missed you, I like you a lot!" He said sounding upset.

I was speechless. I had no idea what to say. I went into panic mode.

"Get out!" I said.

"Just, g-go. Please" I said.

Next thing I feel wetness and something impact my lips hard.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok I suck at kiss scenes! Lol I'm not proud of it! But maybe ill change this chapter. Or that scene, if you think you could write that scene better please message me what you think would be better! Ill change it to your idea,but it Depends if you guys liked mine? Tell me if you liked it if not I will most likely re-write it!