Status: Close to it's end! Hit me With your feedback FOLKS!!

Of Love And Broken Toes

Burying The Hatchet?

I quickly moved away, never taking my eyes off of him.

"W-what? No I didn't" I said dumbly.

He sighed.

"Fay, please. Enough with the lies, you know I'm right, your just to stubborn to admit it." He said , leaning his back on the counter, and looking at me.

I just stood there, staring at him.

He's right.

"Fay"

I did like it.

"Fay"

Every second of it. Just remebering the feeling iof his lips on mine I felt butterflies.

"Earth to Fay!"

"What!"

I jumped a little as I said that.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you I thought you were having a stroke or something." He said,

"Are you ok?"

"Uh, yeah I'm fine. I just spaced out." I said.

"What were you thinking about?" He said curiously.

"Nothing." I said a little too quickly.

He raised one eyebrow unconvinced.

"Your blushing. So its not nothing, you liked it didn't you."

I scoffed.

"What? Please, I don't blush" I said.

"Then why is your face red?" He said smirking.

What a jerk.

"That's, that's just how hot it is in here." I said.

He sighed.

"Liar." He said looking at me again with that peircing gaze, I felt like he was looking right through me.

Ok yes, I know I blush, but I'm not about to admit that, It's just to embarrassing..

We both just stood there, looking at each other.

Then he started moving closer.

And I just stood still.

His head began inching closer,
I felt myself breathing heavily.

Oh crap he's going to kiss me again!

"James! There you are! Marcela has been looking for you!" Came that dreadful voice.

We both quickly jumped and stepped apart both turning to my mother.

"Oh, Hi Mrs. Winters, I just came to see how Fay is doing." He said nervously.

She eyed him suspiciously, I could tell she wasn't buying it.

"Oh Fayne is fine, why don't you go now and find Marcela, she's quite taken with you." She said smiling.

James looked at me and back to my mother.

"Ok." He said and with one last look to me smiled and left.

Left.

Left me alone with the dragon lady.

Once the front door shut, my mother glared at me.

"What on earth happened to your dress!" She said angrily.

I looked to the ground to my feet.

"Fayne, I asked you a question." She said.

I looked at her,

"I spilled soda on it on accident." I said quietly.

"Did anyone see you?" She said.

"N-no, I don't think so." I said nervously.

"You better not be lying young lady." She said but didn't stop there,

"And what where you and James really doing here? You look flushed." She said accusingly.

"N-nothing, he just came to see how I was, really that's all." I said shakily.

"You know the rules Fayne, and if I were to find out your lying, the consequences would not be good on your part. I will not let you jeopardize my friendship with the Alden's or anyone.." She said.

I bit my lip trying hard not to back talk.

I failed.

"And how would I be jeopardizing your friendships? What's so bad about me?" I said a little too loud.

"Watch you tone remember who you are talking to."

"Why mother? Why would I jeopardize anything? Why do you keep me locked in here? Why do you treat me so bad? Why do you hate me! What have I done! What have I done!" I finally exploded.

I could tell she was shocked, her eyes became wide, and I could see her nostrils begin to flare.

"Why? You want to know why? Because you have ruined many of my friendships! Most of the neighbors who use to talk to us don't anymore! Why? Because of you! You ruined our reputation the day you dropped out of college!" She said,

"And everyone looked down on me and your father! Telling us we have no control over you! That we are bad parents!"

"I was being criticized so hard Fayne! Your father and I were being ridiculed. No one wanted to socialize with us anymore! Except for the Alden's! And the Aranda's don't know, since they moved here only a while ago." She said, suprisingly a few tears escaped her eyes.

"But, your the reason I had to drop out mom. You told me I had to pay my own tuition, I couldn't afford it anymore." I said.

"Fayne, I wanted to show you resposibility, that you have to work for what you want. I couldn't baby you anymore. And I know how much you loved marine biology, but you gave up Fayne, you gave up. Instead of finding a way, you gave up and blamed us."

"I only want you to grow Fayne, I want to show you resposibility, and how to make it on your own."

"My parents died when I was younger then you, I had no one I had nothing, but I never gave up Fayne, I always tried."
she said, looking at me.

I never knew she felt like that, I never knew her reasons. But in a way she is right, I did give up, and maybe she did baby me more then she should have.

I can't believe it, my mother is right, in a crude way she was trying to help me.

"But, then why do you treat me so bad mom? Why do you threaten me?" I said.

She sighed.

"Yes, I know I do tend to mistreat you. And I, I don't know, I blame you for my lost friendships." She said.

"But if they were really your friends, wouldn't they have stuck by you?" I said.

"Yes, I suppose your right, but you have to understand it's not easy for me. I don't like being without friends, your father I hardly see. And I get lonesome." She said sadly.

"What about me? Am I just dead weight here? Do you hate me that much" I said.

"No, Fayne I don't hate you, I'm just very angry with you."

"I can't deal with this right now, I'm going back to the party." she said.

And she left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww.Fay and her momma gots some problems!
Comments? Thanks for reading!
What do you think of the new layout??

And will Fay EVER admit she liked that kiss to James??