Status: Close to it's end! Hit me With your feedback FOLKS!!

Of Love And Broken Toes

Anywhere But Here

She wore a beautiful one shoulder gown,

A gown that was floor length, royal blue and made of soft silk.

Her lightly tanned skin was glowing and looked as smooth as milk.

Her feet were donned with four inch Black Royal Blue satin heels, with a sparkly jewel detail in the middle and rutching at the toe.

Around her neck a little passed her collarbone, laid a blue heart pendant, that caused for attention.

And her ears were adorn with sapphire blue studs.

Her hair was elegantly pinned up with a few ringlets framing her face. Her brown eyes looked bigger then usual and captivating with the help of pearl white eye-liner, and with her small nose everything looked in sync. And her already plump lips looked even more divine with lip stick and flavored gloss.

She did not recognize herself as she looked in the mirror, never has she felt pretty or beautiful.


“Fayne!”

“Fayne we are leaving in 15 minutes!”

I stared at myself a little more.

I was feeling nervous about tonight. James was going to be my escort, it was made final when we got home from dinner at the Aranda’s house. I will be meeting him at the hall doors, since I have to show up with my parents.

I fairly enjoy these Gala’s and parties, even if I’m just in the shadows. I find the dancing and the attire really nice and elegant. And once in a while I will dance with someone.

When couples dance they look so perfect, they dance with each other in complete harmony. And the way they look at each other, you can just feel their love radiate off them. I can’t help but wish to have that someday.

“Fayne we are leaving now!” my mother’s voice boomed.

I rushed to my door and made my way down stairs.

It felt so good to be able to walk, especially in heels, even if I don’t like them, I much rather have to deal with them then a cast. They were four inch heels so I at least appeared to be five foot -six inches.

When I saw my parents, I couldn’t help but notice they looked adorable together.

Ugh. I cant believe I just thought that.

My mother was wearing a midnight purple wrap dress, and my father was wearing a nicely ironed black suit.

Must have been expensive.

My mother was touching up her make up to even turn my way,

“You look lovely Fayne, you remind me of your mother.” said my dad.

I was shocked, I felt my feet stop walking and I just stared at him, we haven’t spoken much. And I just wasn’t expecting him to say that.

And he smiled and I smiled back, for a second I felt I had my old dad back. The dad who use talk to me, care for me when I got hurt or sick. The dad who was my hero and my friend. The dad who would cook me food and take me out for ice cream.

“Let’s go! We are going to be late!” snapped my mother.

And just like that his smile was gone replaced by his business face. And I felt the tears want to surface.

Our moment was gone, just like that, and I just followed them out to the car.

The ride to the Hall was quiet, for me that is. My parents were gone talking about who was going to be there, who is going with who and blah blah.I decided to tune them out, and looking out my window watch the trees blur by. My mind went to James, I was sort of happy I was going to be with him, he did always seem to make me smile, or grimace.

He was sweet and annoying as well, but I know the bad things that he does or says aren’t on purpose. I guess I just make it seem that way. Anyway maybe tonight won’t be so bad, it can’t be as bad as it would be if I were stuck with my parents.

________________________


“Ok Fayne, you know the drill. No bad behavior or embarrassing behavior. We will meet you out here at midnight on the dot.” said my mother.

“Yes m’am.”

And with that we all exited the car for the valet to take.

My parents walked ahead of me and disappeared behind the doors. As I opened the door I walked in and made my way to the main hall entrance.

As I neared it I noticed a figure standing outside, and I felt my darn heart to beat faster.

And there he was wearing a dark blue suit with a matching bow tie.

I felt my heart somersault, he looked so adorable especially with his glasses. And it’s funny how we were almost matching.

“Uh, Hi James.”

He didn’t respond.

He was just staring at me with wide eyes and I noticed his mouth was a little open.

“James?”

“Are you ok?” I poked him in the arm.

“Is that you Fay?” he said.

Was he that shocked?

“Um, yes. Why?”

“You just, you look different.” he said.

“Oh.” I said looking away, did I look that bad?

“Not bad different! A good-no Great different. Not that you don’t always look great, it’s just you look beautiful, not that you aren’t beautiful , you-”

I put my hands on his mouth to cut him off,

“I get it James, and thanks.” I said smiling.

And he smiled back, and I felt myself get enthralled by his hazel eyes.

“You look really handsome.” I blurted out.

Then I felt my cheeks get red.

Why did I say that out loud?

“Thanks, I did try to look extra good for you.” he said winking.

“Shall we?” he motioned for me to take his arm.

“We shall.” I said.

As we made entered the main hall, I couldn’t stop the gasp that escaped my lips.

They seriously must have spent a boat load of money to pull this off.

The color theme was gold and black, the tables were set elegantly, with gold colored plates, fancy glasses and champagne bottles, the chairs were covered with a black cloth with a gold stripe.

There was a DJ on the main stage and he was already playing music, the current song was Always Something There by Naked Eyes. They play all types of music at these shindigs like 80's hits, Hip Hop, Electro,other danceable songs, and of course music you can waltz to.

On the ceiling hung a disco ball.

Can you say cheesy? Well I can.

“I have seats for us already.” came James’ voice.

“Ok good, that’s a relief.”

We sat at a table near the dance floor.

Then the host of the gala went up on stage,

“Well good evening folks! How are you all doing? Good I hope. I would just like to thank you all for coming tonight, and celebrating with me and my wife our 25th anniversary. Yeah I know what your thinking 25? She must be doing something to keep that hunk for so long.”

And the crowd laughed.

“Just kidding, I love you Lorraine. Anyway I would like everyone to get seated, they are about to serve dinner so chat amongst yourselves and enjoy yourselves tonight.” and he stepped off the stage.

“Funny guy isn’t he?” said James.

“Yeah, him and his wife are so cute together.”

“You really look beautiful tonight Fay.”

I felt blood rush to my cheeks.

“Oh, thanks James, that’s-that’s very nice of you to say.”

“I’m not being nice Fay, just being honest.”

“And I must admit I love how that blush makes you look, even more beautiful and sweet.”

Ugh. He is trying to kill me.

I couldn’t even find anything to say so I just looked around away from him. But I just couldn’t get rid of the blush or the stupid smile I must have had.

And James was smiling too.

“Fay!” came a voice and I jumped a little.

“Wow! Fay you look great!”

I smiled and stood up.

“Thanks Marco, you look great as well, when did you become such a stud?” I said playfully and we gave each other a friendly hug.

“Oh you know I gotta look good for the ladies.” he said cockily.

I rolled my eyes.

“Oh, Marco, you remember James.” I said.

“Of course I do.” he said and turned to James.
“Hey man how’s it going.”

James stared at him for a while not really moving.

Could he get over all this macho stuff?

“James you know Marco right? He’s a very good friend of mine.” I interjected.

I looked at him pleadingly while Marco still had his hand out.

“Yeah, I know him.” thankfully he took his hand.

“It’s going good Marco, how about you?”

“Ah, you know just paroosing, you guys mind if I sit here?”

“Of course not-”

“Well you see-”

James and I said at the same time, we both looked at each other, I wanted Marco to join and he clearly didn’t. I glared at him,

“Of course you can join us.” I said.

James glared back but didn’t say anything.

“Uh oh, we having a little lover’s quarrel here?”

We both stared at Marco with wide eyes,

“What? Don’t look at me like that, a person a mile away could smell the love coming from you two.”

I felt myself blush, I looked at James and he was blushing to!

“There you are Marco.” came a voice.

A seductive voice.

It was none other then Marcela.

And she looked stunning, she was wearing a gorgeous strapless ruby red dress that dragged a little on the floor. She had a gold link necklace and some and some red dangling round crystal earrings. Her hair was in a half up-do and and her curls were cascading down her back. she had fire red lipstick and her eyes were smoked out.she really looked like a beautiful Latina.

I looked to James but he just stared at her like she was any other person, he didn't stare at her like he did when he saw me, and that made me feel I'll admit sort of special.

"May I join you guys?" she said.

Marco rolled his eyes and I snickered.

But Marco and James turned to me, as if waiting for my ok.

"Yeah, sure." I said.

She sat down, while the food was being served, she looked at James.

"You look good James."

He just cleared his throat a little and replied a short, "Thanks."

"You look very nice Fayne." she said.

And I choked a little on the water I was drinking. I quickly wiped my mouth and stared at her shocked.

She just rolled her eyes,

"Just take the compliment Winters."

"Oh, um, Thank you Marcela, you look really nice as well." I said.
"I love your dress," I added.

"Thank you, my mom helped me pick it out." she said.

"Well you guys made a great choice." I said.

"Yeah, you dress is nice to, did you mom help pick it out?" she said curiously.

I frowned a little.

"Uh, no. She picked it out, and, yeah I just wear what she picks." Marcela looked at me as if she figured something out, and then she just nodded.

"Ok folks!" came the host's voice from the stage.

"It's time to dance!"

A big smile took over Marcela's face, for a second she looked like a kid in a candy store, she didn't look seductive at all, she turned to Marco,

"Will you dance with me baby brother?" she said excitedly.

This is a side I haven't seen of her, should I like it?

"Of course sis." said Marco smiling at her.

She smiled and quickly made her way to the dance floor where many people were already dancing,

"Marco hurry up!" she said.

Marco looked at us,

"She really loves dancing, it's a passion, I'll catch up with you guys later." and with that he left.

I turned to James,

"Did I seriously just have a conversation with her?" I said not believing it.

James smiled at me.

"Yeah you did."

"James, honey I want you to come meet Greg, he's the manager at a bank that might be hiring soon."

"He will only be gone a few minuted dear, I promise!" said Mrs. Alden.

I smiled and nodded at James for him to go.

He smiled apologetically,

"I'll be back as soon as I can.

4 songs later....

I was still sitting here alone at the table.

James has been gone for about fifteen minutes, not that I'm counting.

I don't really mind being alone though, I get to watch the couples dance without being questioned.

Right now I was watching Marcela and Marco dance to an old eighties hit, by The Pet Shop Boys called Always on my mind. They were really good dancers and they looked like they were having a lot of fun.

"And we have a special request, I'd like all you love birds to come to the dance floor and share this special dance," came the DJ's voice once the song was over.

A bunch of people left the dance floor and a whole lot of others made their way to the dance floor, and a song played, one I wasn't really familiar with.

"They say dancing is just a conversation between two people, so talk to me," whispered a voice in my ear.

I felt a shiver, and I turned to look at him.

He stuck his hand out and I placed mine in his, just as the song started we made it to the dance floor. He placed one hand on my waist and held my other and intertwined our fingers.

We both moved slowly, back and forth, side to side, never taking our eyes off each other.

"Do you know what song this is?"

And he just smiled.

I don't think he was going to answer me, so I just placed my head on his chest and let the music and him carry me away.

Listening to the lyrics of the song, I realized it was a very romantic song, and being here in his arms with those words spoken in the background, just made me feel weightless.

I never wanted this moment to end.

___________________


"I wonder who chose that song?"

"It's Anywhere But Here by Safetysuit"

"You chose it, didn't you?"

He looked down and was silent, then he looked at me

"Yeah, I chose it for you."

And I felt those dreaded butterflies.

He took my hand from under the table, neither Marco nor Marcela noticed what was going on, they were waiting with us at the table for a good song to come on.

And I was on cloud nine.
♠ ♠ ♠
AWWWWWWWWWWWW! omg peeps! The GALA! Ijust loved it! and I had to add that moment with her dad cause thats how it kida is with me and it sucks when things change and can't go back to how it use to be. And Fay and Marcela aren't friends but there not enemies and their NOT frenemies...so hehehe we'll see. and WAIT there's more to come it doesn't end here tune in Gala Aftermath!

Anyway i made something very special for this chapter!! called the SHOWDOWN check it out! its Marcela and Fay's outfits! who dressed the best?! tell me! heres the link: http://fayandmarcela.blogspot.com/

and heres the link to the song James chose! you guys please hear! and tell em if it was so the PERFECT song for them!!! heres the link: http://youtu.be/IzdPeMQSPqM if the link desnt work just look up anywhere but here by safety suit!

Ok totally NOT off topic question: Who Dressed BETTER? Marcela or Fay?